Question for all NTers who have attended an NBA game... (Mavs related)

Living in Missouri, we have no professional basketball team (St. Louis SuperSonics?
laugh.gif
) so I have only attended 2 NBA games in my life. One in Cleveland a few years ago and just last December when I saw the Mavs play the Suns inDallas.

Anyways, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas (which is
eek.gif
by theway), every time a ball hit the rim during play you could hear it throughout the entire arena. I wasn't very close, see pic below. In other words, the rimsin the arena were "mic'd-up" so you could even hear players screaming, the net's "swish" sound, etc. That might have been thehighlight of the game for me.

So my question is, what other NBA arenas have this feature? I know from memory that the Q up in Cleveland didn't have it, although their playerintroductions were awesome.

8b41631674ebe62bb3032258c61846a143b34164.jpg

I think all arenas have that feature... At least the ones I've been in have.

Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere at the AAC. I've always thought Cuban and the Mavs really put forth an extremely high-quality experience for fans at games.

I've been to the AAC and its
eek.gif
eek.gif
by the way and I can remember the rim the noise but they don't have it in theThe Palace(where the Pistons play)

i've only went to one NBA game ever and it was great, i sat close though, so i could hear EVERYTHING.

will definetly go back to see another good team/players at Conseco. screw the Pacers.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere at the AAC. I've always thought Cuban and the Mavs really put forth an extremely high-quality experience for fans at games.

I got heckled a little bit, but it was all in good fun. The arena itself (inside and out), the game, the entertainment, everything at AAC was top-notch. Youcan tell Cuban wants to put on an event like no other.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i've only went to one NBA game ever and it was great, i sat close though, so i could hear EVERYTHING.

will definetly go back to see another good team/players at Conseco. screw the Pacers.

Well, you don't need any mic when you are THAT close. How did you score those tickets?

Its a mic, thats why you hear the coof throughout the arena. When I sat 5 rows off the court i didnt notice it but i noticed it when i sat in mid level seats.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Well, you don't need any mic when you are THAT close. How did you score those tickets?

he probably bought some nosebleed tickets and just sat there. pretty empty

Yeah I think it's pretty standard in all of the arenas. If you didn't hear it, it may have been before the time, or the mic wasn't catching thesound.

Check out the rest of the arena. It's isn't exactly packed. I'm guessing that game either wasn't high in demand, or it was close to the end anda lot of people left already.

I know Izod has it, but im sure all do.

i sat close though, so i could hear EVERYTHING.
Always nice sitting that close & being able to hear players calling plays, coachs calling plays, players complaining, etc.
glasses.gif

Yeah i think all arenas have the feature, i remember a game last year when the Warriors played Boston, and Tony Allen was screaming looking for a foul callnear the rim, and the whole arena heard it and started booing him
laugh.gif

Q used to do that, but not anymore. I actually didn't like it and they then cut back to only having that feature on free throws. They don't do itanymore though...

Q used to do that, but not anymore. I actually didn't like it and they then cut back to only having that feature on free throws. They don't do itanymore though...

Nope, but they should. It's very obvious to tell, if you watch a Mavericks game and then a different game, the sound when the ball hits the rim in the Mavsarena is much much louder, even on TV.

Yeah i think all arenas have the feature, i remember a game last year when the Warriors played Boston, and Tony Allen was screaming looking for a foul call near the rim, and the whole arena heard it and started booing him

Was that the December 29th game? If it was I was at that game (Birthday present
pimp.gif
)
laugh.gif

I think it's standard yeah, and I wish I could go to Dallas to watch a game, I've only been to Oracle numerous times and Phoenix's arena (VS LA).

But yeah I like the sound of the rim.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JCH3

Word, being that close is
pimp.gif

I've been to a dozen or so Celtics game and a couple Cavs games and I can't remember that feature being there. And I always make sure I sit prettyclose. I could just be too into the game to really notice though.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yeah i think all arenas have the feature, i remember a game last year when the Warriors played Boston, and Tony Allen was screaming looking for a foul call near the rim, and the whole arena heard it and started booing him

pimp.gif
)
laugh.gif

I think it's standard yeah, and I wish I could go to Dallas to watch a game,

heres a tour
laugh.gif

AAfountain.jpg
atandtplaza.jpg
ATT_Plaza_Night.jpg
Mavs_TheBowlFull.jpg