Question For Christians

The Bible conveniently condemns all humans with original sin. No one can actually be without sin because of original sin. God, being almighty and just, must punish sin. Since original sin is sin, god must punish it. The only way to be truly forgiven for your sins is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. So, if you fail to do this in your life time, god must punish you for your sins. Although, I'm pretty sure the Bible has some convenient loopholes that save those that have not heard about him.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

The Bible conveniently condemns all humans with original sin. No one can actually be without sin because of original sin. God, being almighty and just, must punish sin. Since original sin is sin, god must punish it. The only way to be truly forgiven for your sins is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. So, if you fail to do this in your life time, god must punish you for your sins. Although, I'm pretty sure the Bible has some convenient loopholes that save those that have not heard about him.

I love this guilt trip...
Telling kids they were BORING wrong in the first place then tries to sell them the cure. 

This is getting foolish.
I know what I believe in and I'm not gonna impose my views on you, and don't need you to impose yours on me.
And when people ask others to explain why they believe in God, it's not to try to understand but to conjure up counterarguments.
You aren't trying to have a discussion, you're just trying to downplay the other person's view

Originally Posted by melofan15

This is getting foolish.
I know what I believe in and I'm not gonna impose my views on you, and don't need you to impose yours on me.
And when people ask others to explain why they believe in God, it's not to try to understand but to conjure up counterarguments.
You aren't trying to have a discussion, you're just trying to downplay the other person's view

This is what I think inevitably becomes classified as trolling.
You enter a thread that NO ONE addresses you in.

Then you proceed to establish YOUR superiority on the subject and then claim that you don't want to debate.

Then you criticize others for talking to each other, even if they may have countering points.

This is a debate/discussion/dialogue.

If you don't like it, then keep it to yourself. 

Don't interrupt with these meaningless posts that contribute NOTHING to the subject at hand.

I'm not sure if you realized but this is a MESSAGE BOARD. It was meant for this kind of stuff. 

As long as it stays in THIS thread, I don't see a problem. 

And my MAIN problem? Guess what homie, NOTHING you believe, or think you know is free from criticism. 

Physicists are challenging laws even einstein said were universal. 

Not even your "faith" no matter how personal is free from being challenged and having questions asked of it. 

son you're not trying to have a discussion
you come in saying "oh you believe in God, haha God doesn't exist"
and that's cool, I don't have a problem with your beliefs because they're yours
but truth is no one is gonna become atheist/a person of faith based on the arguments presented by another on a sneaker forum
laugh.gif

i'm not going in threads bashing other people's beliefs so no i'm not trolling
for the record I'm not even Christian

Originally Posted by sillyputty

BTW, anyone trying to shut down OP's question needs to look in the mirror for a long hard time and reevaluate themselves.

You clicked this thread. 

You chose to read it.

There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions about ANYTHING.

Its when we stop people from feeling comfortable to ask questions is when we as a people should be worried. 

Never trust anything that does not let you question it, if even to reassure what you think you "already know." 

And why are these topics important? Because religion and faith in these things is a MASSIVE investment society (IMO, unfortunately) undertakes and wastes resources on. Its important to even have citizens step back and see if its even worth subscribing to. Whether you like the reality of it or not, but religious people have a lot of influence and unfortunately and illegally have more rights than those who are not like them or do not believe at all in the USA. Its time that we start to have honest dialogues about REAL issues including these ones. 

People afraid of questioning things don't care about tolerance for their beliefs or the status quo, they just don't want to be challenged and hate competition. 

I applaud anyone who has ever PM'd me or had the courage to ask more questions...about ANYTHING. I think thats what we should be encouraging. 
Please stop trying to act like OP is genuinely interested in the questions he's asking. You can tell from his first couple of responses that he's trolling, and his intent is to make people look stupid. Acting like people are attacking him and +%@# smh...

but truth is no one is gonna become atheist/a person of faith based on the arguments presented by another on a sneaker forum
laugh.gif

So why even have a general forum if all we should be talking about is sneakers?
I guess athletes shouldnt have opinions on politics or that police officers shouldn't know anything about football or teachers shouldn't know how to fix cars. 
eyes.gif

The OP asked what happens to people who don't believe in that particular religion. I posted my stance.  Simple as that. 

Btw, I didn't say that god doesn't exist...I never say that. I can't prove that a god doesn't exist. You can't prove a negative my man. Its impossible. I CAN however say that there is no evidence to support that claim. Thus based on the arguments for god, the conclusion that one exists does not hold up to scrutiny.

But as yet, you seem to want to be free to say your piece without listening to others...which is ironic (and somewhat expected). 

I don't care if anyone becomes an atheist. Thats not my goal. My goal was to point out flaws in the argument that non-believers in other faiths get subjected to the consequences of all the other faiths. 

laugh.gif

From my standpoint I'd disagree with what you're saying regarding these type of threads..... I think more or less the issue is "oh you believe in God, prove why " not necessarily saying haha.. If you're so assured of your faith then surely you should be able and find it simple emotionally to explain why without being frustrated with the question..If you have no reason or refuse to explain yourself you may want to keep it moving and ignore it altogether..I see this as an opportunity for individuals to go ahead and explain their beliefs and possibly open someone's eyes to a new point of view.. It's like a blind woman with hair proclaiming she's blonde her whole life because people tell her so, not because she has any evidence nor even knows what blonde is.. now I may be blind too but I know that I may never know true color my hair because I cannot see it nor even grasp the concept....There's a difference between certainty (blind faith) and uncertainty (open to possibilities or being unsure).  Religions preach certainty..  I refuse to believe/think by what others say just because it's a societal pressure or norm..  I'd rather wait, educate myself on multiple viewpoints and allow evidence or  research to allow me to make a decision, which could possibly change over time unlike almost all modern day religions which are based off of archaic principles/texts..  I have less of an issue with people who have actually explored various religions and chose one for a reason than the typical my mama told me type which is probably 80 % of today's believers.. (don't quote me on that number)
tired.gif

Jesus gives Christians what's known as the 'great commission' - "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" so it's the responsibility of every believer to spread the gospel, even to remote places/people. (never read the KJV, but using it in these quotes b/c they're really familiar passages).

This doesn't necessarily legitimate the Crusades or some of the bogus imperialistic 'missionary' journeys of the colonial era, though. Jesus also said, "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" so it's not about forcing anyone into submission but lifting up this example and attracting others.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I love this guilt trip...
Telling kids they were BORN* wrong in the first place then tries to sell them the cure. 
*Fixed... I hope.

The Garden of Eden story is one of the most disgusting examples of entrapment I have ever read. Taking the ignorant and giving them an order not to disobey (sin). But the "sin" was learning the difference between right and wrong (or: gaining knowledge of good and evil). How can one be responsible for a sin BEFORE gaining knowledge of what is right an wrong? And why was Satan present in this supposed paradise in the first place? If "God" (as defined by Christianity) exists, then he is a textbook psychopath with split personality disorder (alter ego: Satan).

You enter a thread that NO ONE addresses you in.Then you proceed to establish YOUR superiority on the subject and then claim that you don't want to debate.

that's basically what you do whenever the subject of faith or religion come up

Originally Posted by go rilla

You enter a thread that NO ONE addresses you in.Then you proceed to establish YOUR superiority on the subject and then claim that you don't want to debate.

that's basically what you do whenever the subject of faith or religion come up

ZING!
Ya got me there, kiddo. 
laugh.gif

Touche...touche... 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by foreveryoung

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

pretty sure they believe in some type of god
AGAIN...

proving my point. 

If they believe in some other type of god, doesn't that almost completely invalidate YOUR god existing? 

Lets be honest...you don't believe in their god...and they don't believe in your god... so how are you certain that your god is better or more real than THEIR god? 

I mean if two gods can exist (yours and theirs) then neither can really be better than the other right? No matter how much people believe in the alternatives...right? 

Again I post the following images for your viewing pleasure:

sophisticated-religion.jpg

6457_5471_960.png

There are many gods, but they all manifested from one source. It was the Lord of the earth (Devil) that tried to tell people he was the only God and nothing else existed outside of him. This was a comical idea to The Christ. But this kind of dialogue is missing out the revised Bible. Part of The crusades that no one really wants to shed light on is the fact that the Romans and Europeans who were all pagans all of a sudden decided to adopt christianity as a political system and officially came together to create their own version of christianity. What we have today, is not the same as it was originally. Christianity in it's original context was very similar to many of the religions of the eastern tradition.

For those looking for more info, look in the Council of Nices 325 AD and the other treaties around this time.

As for the missing books of the bible look into Gnostics Scriptures and search for the omitted books of the Bible.

Originally Posted by Wr

There are many gods, but they all manifested from one source. It was the Lord of the earth (Devil) that tried to tell people he was the only God and nothing else existed outside of him. This was a comical idea to The Christ. But this kind of dialogue is missing out the revised Bible. Part of The crusades that no one really wants to shed light on is the fact that the Romans and Europeans who were all pagans all of a sudden decided to adopt christianity as a political system and officially came together to create their own version of christianity. What we have today, is not the same as it was originally. Christianity in it's original context was very similar to many of the religions of the eastern tradition.

For those looking for more info, look in the Council of Nices 325 AD and the other treaties around this time.

As for the missing books of the bible look into Gnostics Scriptures and search for the omitted books of the Bible.

I guess that makes passages like Genesis 1:26 make more sense.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td][table][tr][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
parallel7.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]New International Version ([emoji]169[/emoji]1984)
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
New Living Translation ([emoji]169[/emoji]2007)
Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground."

English Standard Version ([emoji]169[/emoji]2001)
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
[/td][/tr][/table]

^ Yep. and the hebrew and aramaic text The word God is not used, but rather Elohim which is a plural and dual sex term ( meaning a being composed of both male and female) and not solely a masculine male God of the current bible. Alot of feminine aspects of the bible are simply missing, or watered down. There were books in the bible written by Mary Magdeline who Jesus favored and and the apostles did not like because they felt that Jesus shouldn't mingle with such a woman of her type and appearance. It is stated that she was his favorite and he kissed her in the mouth often.

Originally Posted by Wr

^ Yep. and the hebrew and aramaic text The word God is not used, but rather Elohim which is a plural and dual sex term ( meaning a being composed of both male and female) and not solely a masculine male God of the current bible. Alot of feminine aspects of the bible are simply missing, or watered down. There were books in the bible written by Mary Magdeline who Jesus favored and and the apostles did not like because they felt that Jesus shouldn't mingle with such a woman of her type and appearance. It is stated that she was his favorite and he kissed her in the mouth often.
Your bible history is pretty good...
but I still wonder that even knowing that most of the stuff is made up or heavily mistranslated, why do you still believe it?

And i'm just going to leave this here:

dbIhj.png

EDIT: 

http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/
http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/
http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/jhobson5 Wrote:

Was the dumbo picture necessary. I am a Christian, and I feel that is mocking my religious beliefs.

If you dont believe that is fine, that your decision to do that. But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people. 

Why should I respect your beliefs? 

I will protect your right to believe what you want. I think that is important. But nothing says what you believe or think is free from criticism. Let this be a basic lesson in civility to you. You do not have the right to NOT be offended. 

Was the dumbo picture necessary. I am a Christian, and I feel that is mocking my religious beliefs. If you dont believe that is fine, that your decision to do that. But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people. 

AGAIN...  

proving my point.

If they believe in some other type of god, doesn't that almost completely invalidate YOUR god existing?

Lets be honest...you don't believe in their god...and they don't believe in your god... so how are you certain that your god is better or more real than THEIR god?

I mean if two gods can exist (yours and theirs) then neither can really be better than the other right? No matter how much people believe in the alternatives...right?

Listen man, Ive read your stuff on here on multiple religion threads (It seems like a weekly thing these days
laugh.gif
)Your a smart dude but I honestly dont understand what you or anyone else really that starts these threads are looking for. Its obviosuly a major point or issue for everybody I just dunno what is it that yall want ppl on here to do or say?

Cuz if youre truly looking for answers I'd suggest speaking with somebody who's ran a church or is a religious leader, and then a leader who doesnt believe or is an atheist. Not a bunch of dudes on a message board
laugh.gif

Unless you just like to argue, then youre def in the right place
laugh.gif

the subliminal shots at religious believers posts run their course after a while. if your that curious to know the answer to your question go to a church and ask a pastor or people within the church and if their answer doesn't satisfy you then just debate them all day.

no point in trying to subliminaly throw shots at someones religion same as it's lame when overly religious people do the same to atheists. either way just believe in what you believe in and shut up.

Back
Top Bottom