Question For Christians

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Jesus will not condemn those who never heard about him. Jesus told us to preach the word so we would have a relationship with him here on earth and also in the after life. Those who never heard of him will be with him in paradise because they never knew him but also never denied him.
did you just make this up or did you just make this up?

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

18 pages of back-and-forth.
Number of opinions changed: 0
laugh.gif

Opinions like this annoy the living hell out of me.
Why are there ALL the topics on the first page of general over 20 pages and you don't ask this question? 

Stop complaining and go post elsewhere if it doesn't interest you. 

Originally Posted by trhee

Man why is this thread still going on?
AGAIN, GO POST ON ANY OF THE OTHER MULTI-PAGED TOPICS ON NT AND STOP ACTING VICTIMIZED. WE DONT HAVE TIME TO BABY YOU OR YOUR INTERESTS.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Jesus will not condemn those who never heard about him. Jesus told us to preach the word so we would have a relationship with him here on earth and also in the after life. Those who never heard of him will be with him in paradise because they never knew him but also never denied him.
How do you know this and why do you believe it?

Originally Posted by tkthafm

You have to remember that God is completely independent of the concept of "time" in the first place. 

It's not pre-known and then it will happen.. it's just known. You have free will but God already knows what you will do with that free will. The limitations of time & space as we think of them as humans don't apply here. It's like me time traveling and watching a movie of you drinking the milk at a certain time... I therefore know it MUST happen... but at the time you decided to drink the milk, was it not your free will ? I don't see how that's so difficult to understand. You just have to remove the human limitations from God. 
We've already JUST began to understand what time/space even really is in the first place... time is not a static concept....you know, the whole theory of relativity thing.

And on another note, TKTHAFM, you're wilding dude. 

People have shown you that not only is your god NOT what you say it is, but the Koran WAS written by humans AND WAS edited heavily.

So what now? 

Do you know how silly you sound?

You have free will but god knows what you will do with it? So...THEN UNDER YOUR GOD YOU DONT HAVE FREE WILL...but you JUST SAID THAT YOU HAVE FREE WILL TO DO WHAT YOU WANT...YOURE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF...AGAIN.

And you cant cop out by saying god isn't limited to space or time. What does that even mean. Its pseudoscientific jargon from people who don't even understand basic scientific arguments themselves. That statement literally means nothing. Its a catch phrase to trick people to make them think they're saying something. 

Talking about relativity like you actually understand it. You actually don't and until you take some more physics classes like I did or illustrate that you're not just talking out of your behind and embarrassing yourself, i'll need you to come a little harder than that. 

Sorry I took so long to respond, I've been busy w/ school... btw I only read like 1-2 pgs after my last response, so others who may be eliciting a response from me should know that I have not seen their posts yet...
sillyputty wrote:
MilkAndCookies:

This guy is making a false assumption about my religion... he can read the Quran and see repeatedly that Allah is oft forgiving and merciful... and there is a verse that refers to the idea that he is talking about.

"And never would We punish until We sent a messenger." - Quran 17:15

Do I know who will and will not be punished? NO

As a Muslim, I should understand that the sole responsibility of judging is in the hands of God because only he knows the truth. And for those who oppress others and who know the truth of God's message and deny it, they will be exposed to a side of Allah that is not merciful...

All I can say to you gentlemen is this... historians, Clerics alike will agree that Muhammad was one of the most influential people on earth, and you cannot deny that he at least taught SOME truths... and that the Quran at least has SOME truths... and that my religion provides at least SOME benefit to people... (at the very least the rule that Muslims must give 2.5% of our annual income + our savings to charity, and that our Quran continuously tells us to honor the rights of the poor... because we, as affluent people, have the means and responsibility to take care of them).

At least acknowledge that this is true for all religions 

For someone who is looking for a sign that Islam is true... all you have to do is watch National Geographic's documentary "Moment of Death" on Netflix... and listen to the way that some of those people describe their near death experiences... the description of this process is described in the Islamic tradition to a teeth... in the documentary, many describe being able to physically see their bodies in the third person.. one of whom sees his surgeon operating on his own body and to prove it, he is able to talk about one of the surgeon's unusual quirks...In Islam, the idea of seeing your body after you die is part of what we believe to happen after death.

also, people in the documentary describe feeling their bodies leave from their throats... this is described in the Quran..

"when the soul reaches the throat" - Quran 75:26

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Sorry I took so long to respond, I've been busy w/ school... btw I only read like 1-2 pgs after my last response, so others who may be eliciting a response from me should know that I have not seen their posts yet...
sillyputty wrote:
MilkAndCookies:

This guy is making a false assumption about my religion... he can read the Quran and see repeatedly that Allah is oft forgiving and merciful... and there is a verse that refers to the idea that he is talking about.

"And never would We punish until We sent a messenger." - Quran 17:15

Do I know who will and will not be punished? NO

As a Muslim, I should understand that the sole responsibility of judging is in the hands of God because only he knows the truth. And for those who oppress others and who know the truth of God's message and deny it, they will be exposed to a side of Allah that is not merciful...

All I can say to you gentlemen is this... historians, Clerics alike will agree that Muhammad was one of the most influential people on earth, and you cannot deny that he at least taught SOME truths... and that the Quran at least has SOME truths... and that my religion provides at least SOME benefit to people... (at the very least the rule that Muslims must give 2.5% of our annual income + our savings to charity, and that our Quran continuously tells us to honor the rights of the poor... because we, as affluent people, have the means and responsibility to take care of them).

At least acknowledge that this is true for all religions 

For someone who is looking for a sign that Islam is true... all you have to do is watch National Geographic's documentary "Moment of Death" on Netflix... and listen to the way that some of those people describe their near death experiences... the description of this process is described in the Islamic tradition to a teeth... in the documentary, many describe being able to physically see their bodies in the third person.. one of whom sees his surgeon operating on his own body and to prove it, he is able to talk about one of the surgeon's unusual quirks...In Islam, the idea of seeing your body after you die is part of what we believe to happen after death.

also, people in the documentary describe feeling their bodies leave from their throats... this is described in the Quran..

"when the soul reaches the throat" - Quran 75:26

People would also consider Jesus one of the most influential historical figures. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

You cite near death experiences as proof for your religion, but you simultaneously reject all near death experiences that involve other religions. There was that boy recently who claims to have gone to heaven and spoken with Jesus. Do you accept that as proof for Christianity or do you conveniently only accept the near death experiences that you believe to confirm Islam? 

Everything that you have mentioned so far as support for Islam could easily be applied to one of the other major religions like Christianity. 

I went to a Catholic High School (I'm not religious btw)

We were taught that following God's teachings of morality and justice is more important than the actual belief in God. An atheist who lives with good morals will be the one going to heaven rather than a believer who doesn't do @#$% except for himself.

I was worried that the religious classes we'd have to take would be undercover ways to convert the students, but we only had 1 semester of religious history/Bible readings.

These type of religious people are the ones I get along with and respect.

Religion should be a GUIDELINE to live your OWN life. It's not a concrete law
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

We were taught that following God's teachings of morality and justice is more important than the actual belief in God. An atheist who lives with good morals will be the one going to heaven rather than a believer who doesn't do @#$% except for himself.

I was worried that the religious classes we'd have to take would be undercover ways to convert the students, but we only had 1 semester of religious history/Bible readings.

laugh.gif
Interesting/brilliant idea, I wish more people actually believed this because from my experience being religious just for the sake of being religious trumps being a decent human being to a lot of religious people

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

laugh.gif
Interesting/brilliant idea, I wish more people actually believed this because from my experience being religious just for the sake of being religious trumps being a decent human being to a lot of religious people
My religious studies teachers were pretty liberal. They even explained that people have to be careful in reading the Bible because of all the rulers in the past who altered it for control and influence. One of them taught us that the @#$% about non-Christians going to hell and needing salvation was added later on in history to justify imperialism (which is pretty obvious to us non-religious people)

Back
Top Bottom