Question for heads who workout on the regular in S&T...

Just wondering, what do you eat/drink after a workout? I've never been on Protien shakes (Always had 3-4 eggs & 2 glasses of milk) but I want to start getting into protein shakes more.
I'm fine with what I do now but will shakes help me out more? & if you do recommend shakes, what brand do you guys use?

Optimum Nutrition: 2 scoops WHEY and 1 scoop Casein. 1 1/2 cup fat free milk

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chocolate milk.

I always drink that with my eggs but some dude tried to tell me its bad for you after working out 
indifferent.gif

I'm on that Alshon Jeffery diet @ the moment, so I just drink butter mixed w/ whey and a hint of baconaisse

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm on that Alshon Jeffery diet @ the moment, so I just drink butter mixed w/ whey and a hint of baconaisse

LMAO!!!
laugh.gif
Nah man I'm studying nutrition and chocolate milk is a very good post workout drink to take

Nutrient Timing isn't as important as once thought to be.

Unless you do prolonged endurance training day after day for hours at a time it doesn't really matter what and when you take after your workout. Shakes, Choco milk, Waxy-maize, Tuna etc. doesn't matter.

But having said all that, I still usually just have a big shake and some peanut butter. I'm just used to it. Plus it's easier to manage my macros that way. 100p/20c/20f then just balance the rest of my day off that. Most people just eat a meal after they're done.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Chocolate milk.

I always drink that with my eggs but some dude tried to tell me its bad for you after working out 
indifferent.gif
Never talk to the person who told you that.  He has no idea what he's talking about.

Yeah, I always drink CM...Question, any of you tried Naked Juice Protein Zone after a workout? 32 G of Protein is pretty good...

Naked Juice is expensive though. better off buy the big canisters of powder and mixing em up yourself.

heres a spinoff question, im trying to focus more on cardio in the gym. trying to lose weight. i still do some lifting after but only a few exercises. protein still necessary?

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Naked Juice is expensive though. better off buy the big canisters of powder and mixing em up yourself.

heres a spinoff question, im trying to focus more on cardio in the gym. trying to lose weight. i still do some lifting after but only a few exercises. protein still necessary?

You need to repair torn muscle tissues after working out.

That's the whole point of having/eating/taking protein post workout.

Try not having any protein after working out for a month and tell us how you feel.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

what are the benefits of this mix? and what exactly are you trying get out of the gym?

cause i'm looking for something i can take post workout.. but i'm not trying bulk up or anything, so i want to avoid creatine type supplements.. just something i can take that will help with muscle recovery

and whoever asked about the naked juice 'protein zone', i'm not a fan.. tried it twice and didn't like it..

Originally Posted by Durden7

Chocolate milk.

indifferent.gif
Never talk to the person who told you that.  He has no idea what he's talking about.
This.  Michigan actually had multiple chocolate milk machines in the weight room during Rich Rod's stay.  The quality was
pimp.gif
too.

To answer the question, I eat one of these immediately after working out:

snickers_marathon.jpg

pimp.gif

Muscle recovery? Get your diet on point throughout the day.

Protein, Aminos, Fish/Flax oil, Potassium can all help with recovery. Stretch those out throughout the day and also eat clean.

Post workout time frame is obviously VERY important too.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

what are the benefits of this mix? and what exactly are you trying get out of the gym?

cause i'm looking for something i can take post workout.. but i'm not trying bulk up or anything, so i want to avoid creatine type supplements.. just something i can take that will help with muscle recovery

and whoever asked about the naked juice 'protein zone', i'm not a fan.. tried it twice and didn't like it..

Muscle building.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Originally Posted by Durden7

indifferent.gif
This.  Michigan actually had multiple chocolate milk machines in the weight room during Rich Rod's stay.  The quality was
pimp.gif
too.

To answer the question, I eat one of these immediately after working out:

snickers_marathon.jpg

pimp.gif
Yeah, I've been sticking with my Chocolate milk. Anybody use CM & mix it with Whey protein or no?

Back
Top Bottom