Question for my new grads/current college students...

I'm in my third year of JC and hoping to transfer this year.

It's hard cause classes are so difficult to get.

Will be graduating next spring with a degree in Civil Engineering 
pimp.gif

Making it in 4 years, but there has been plenty of rough quarters.

i took 5 to stay around.

and +1 on all the general classes. smart thing to do is go to a CC or JUCO for the first 2 years to get that stuff out of the way, then university for the real major coursework. although, going to a university is fun. juco CC is not fun.

Gonna be five for me. Had to sit last fall out because my finances fell through and I switched majors. 4 years is possible but it takes 15 credits a semester and at least 1-2 summers at my school.

Double Major, trying to finish in four and a half, but I'm cool with 5.

0 debt entering my third year and I intend to keep it that way

Santa Barbara City College for 3 years and UCSB for 2. Wish I could stay longer, living oceanside and sleeping to waves hit the cliff :smokin 8) :D

To anyone looking for the "college experience" (girls, and insane fat parties on million dollar oceanside houses) but cant go to a state school or a UC in cali i HIGHLY recommend SBCC. So many dimes that are sociable enough to go out of their way to talk to you and the school is on the ocean. Also rated number 1 city college in California for academics and transfers. Doesn't get much better than that...Go there, thank me later.

Are you guys or did you guys get your bachelor's in 4 years?

I only ask because I see lots of campuses are adding GE courses required and reducing the number of courses offer. It seems tough now to do it in 4 years, not factoring in if you want to switch major or mess up in a few classes and have to retake.
For me nah, My major is accounting.  It is around 130 credits needed to graduate to be honest.  They throw in those hidden prerequisite you need to take.  For example Macro Economic isn't listed on my major requirement but they required you to take it to register for the other classes that require macro economics.  And if let's say i want to do CPA(Certified Public Accountant) I would need 150+ credits to take an exam.  I'm not going for CPA, I've been in school way to long.  I know i goofd up on some classes, I took the minimum requirement to be a full-time student, transferred to different college, went part-time for a semester, and I took a semester off.  It is in total I spent about 10 semester and i am about to graduate in the fall 2014.  I am also taking summer classes
mean.gif

edit:Congrats to kevlar Shrimp on graduating.  Must be a good feeling!  
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Graduated in four but it is mad misleading if you just show up to classes thinking its all good and your'e done in four years.
Learned after taking the first and second summer off completely that the "four-year degree" almost certainly required that you take summer classes as well.
Had to get it in my last two years to catch back up.

5 years, 2 majors.

Max or near max number of credits every semester. Average of 5-7 classes a semester.

Requires time and work but I'm still able to socialize and drink on weekends

I did 5 out of pure laziness. I mistakenly picked a few difficult electives and I refused to work hard outside of my major courses, so I would drop the elective and not pick another one.

S'all good tho. GPA stayed sky high and Had an excellent job offer waiting for me and zero loans which is all that matters.

Last edited:
6 years, B.A. in Communication-public relations, with a minor in Business administration. Was mechanical engineering for my first semester ( ended with a 1.0), then pre-business for a while. Got kicked out of the business college and almost out of school. All I used to do was smoke trees, drink beer, play cod/halo, and work out. The school gave me one more chance and I took it. Got a full time job. 3 years later I finished with a 2.57 because I could never recover from my terrible start.

i changed my major 2 weeks into the semester...
laugh.gif

went from international relations to political science because the only language i was interested in taking was Russian (IR major req'd a language), but couldn't keep up...said **** it and dropped out the Elliot School 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
3 and a half years, finished last December with a B.S in Bio. My only regret was picking a school for it's academic reputation and not overall reputation. Oh well, on to the next chapter.

Last edited:
I was a business major for the first 3 years, then I switched to physical education. I ended up graduating with both degrees, but it took 6 years. I ended up with 216 credits. I teach p.e. now and used those business credits to get a salary bump. The only way to graduate in 4 years is to make sure you don't switch majors too late.

Got a BSEE in 4 yrs, took gen ed classes during summers at state university back home, freed up my reg semesters to focus on technical classes, plus saved my parents some $$$

Consider myself lucky that eng worked out, picking a major really is a crapshoot, some just luck out and pick the right one first try

Triple major and a minor over here.

Graduated with over 250 credits. Needless to say, I was in school for more than 4 years...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom