Question for older NTers 30 and up vol. Cell Phones

This thread makes me mad..I wish I could live those early 90's days as a teen instead of an infant..

Thread bringing back memories lol no cellphones but we made it work, miss the good ol days
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

roll.gif
I remember waiting for that phone call on the house phone or plotting to make it myself

pick up in one room, "Mom I got it! ..... HANG UP!"

or when you had to call a girl back at 2am but didn't wanna wake her parents so she had to pick up in nano seconds

THIS!

I vow from here on out to keep it old school..my generation wack n so is my mouthpiece to a certain extent

Yeah I really hate how cell phones text messages have RUINED this society.  I just hate when females want to text instead of talk, that is complete B.S.  But to be honest it used to be ugly back in the day when a female would call the house late and everybody was sleep,or your folks picked up the phone when you were talking to a girl.  So I would set it up to where around the time the girl would call I would cal the movie theater for the movie times and when she called I would click over.   But if that phone rung and woke up my folks they would pick up and give the girl a piece of their mind. I knew the movie schedule inside and out all through high school.  All numbers were remembered and today I could tell you one number in my phone.  To the older fellas who said they feel bad for todays younger generation, I am right with you.

Damn I remember I had to have a pen everytime I went out never knew when you would get a number. I wonder if cats here ever messed around in the party line. I remember picking up mad chicks on that meeting up and not even saying hi to the fat %%*$$!.

On a side note I still remember most of my old friends house phone number.

I remember back in the day when 3 way calling was where it's at. Some thirsty chick calling up asking if you liked her homegirl and you knew both were on the phone giggling like, like, like... little school girls I guess
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Walking the block macking a chick on the phone, but the phone starts to beep because you're too far from the crib, so you turn around and walk back up the block

I once got cussed out by a girls mom because she was only the line listening about how I smashed her daughter the day before

Til this day my phone game is impeccable

Late night conversations, hoping your mom doesn't wake up and hear you still on the phone >

Originally Posted by odog24

i kinda wished i was from that gen because u interacted more with the girls face to face which if u were charmin enough can get u yambs quicker than textin

All of this. 92' FTL

Back in the day you had to have bravado and confidence to pull chicks...now all you need is a isp and a social media account to follow or like some pictures.  I feel bad for this generation.  Girls are too accessible for folks that have no business talking to them.   
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

We used to chill with them in person. Don't feel bad for us. We feel bad for yall.

This man knows. The social skills we developed having to rap to girls face to face will last a LIFETIME.

Plus, all that yappin' all the time, texting back and forth is for the birds. If you wanted to dodge a call, you could dodge a call. You weren't on a leash.

Only thing we missed out on is the nudes.......now feel bad for us.

Had a beeper. My and my dudes used to stay with multiple calling card numbers that were not ours.

At one point, I had a little machine that made the sound that you hear when you drop a quarter in a payphone, which is really what activates the call. Used to just hit a button like 4 times and call long distance.

HUSTLERS.

Nothing but truth from these 2 dudes

Having a beeper in high school got me more shortys than my iphone ever did

That 5 star notebook with the back cover full of numbers
pimp.gif

Nothing like being in school being social all day, then coming home and hanging OUTSIDE and being social, then going home and falling asleep on the house phone with your shorty

Nowadays if u get 20 ppl in a room, 15 of them are tweeting each other instead of talking

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

We used to chill with them in person. Don't feel bad for us. We feel bad for yall.

This man knows. The social skills we developed having to rap to girls face to face will last a LIFETIME.

Plus, all that yappin' all the time, texting back and forth is for the birds. If you wanted to dodge a call, you could dodge a call. You weren't on a leash.

Had a beeper. My and my dudes used to stay with multiple calling card numbers that were not ours.

At one point, I had a little machine that made the sound that you hear when you drop a quarter in a payphone, which is really what activates the call. Used to just hit a button like 4 times and call long distance.

HUSTLERS.

pimp.gif

Nothing like being in school being social all day, then coming home and hanging OUTSIDE and being social, then going home and falling asleep on the house phone with your shorty

Nowadays if u get 20 ppl in a room, 15 of them are tweeting each other instead of talking

And 1 coach... i definitley remember those days when you couldnt hide behind a text, tweet or a message sent on facebook. Thats when you were either Jordan or John Starks in terms of your game when tryna get at chix

Originally Posted by jones23me

Originally Posted by FedExciter

HUSTLERS.

pimp.gif

And 1 coach... i definitley remember those days when you couldnt hide behind a text, tweet or a message sent on facebook. Thats when you were either Jordan or John Starks in terms of your game when tryna get at chix

I wasn't Jordan or Starks. I was simply 'Magic' baby. Oh yea

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Pen and paper my G. Had to stay strapped

laugh.gif
Yup and if you didn't have one you sure as HELL got one when shorty was about to drop the math. You would get the pen/pencil and paper from a cat you never talked to a DAY in your life.
Word also the times running in the bodega and asking for a pen and brown paper bag to write the number on.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

.....when the black book was srs bitness

YES! You had to guard that @*%+ with your life. Months/years of hard work down the tubes if you lost that.

This thread finna make me all misty. When they reminisce......

Originally Posted by Papi

Off topic, but I remember when I was a kid and wanted my moms to pick me up I would make a collect call on the payphone and when it asked for then name I would just tell give her the message there so she would pick up, hear it, and decline the call.
laugh.gif
#poor

eek.gif
me too lol

Damn this tread brought back so many memories lol! Back then seems like girls were DTF! Now days shorties play games with us!

At first I liked texting cause you could be witty. But now it's annoying. Much easier to read the situation on the phone than with a text.

Regardless, at the end of the day, text/email/call/chat/video-chat/social-apps are all just prelim. I don't get those who engage in these things when they have no chance of progressing any further other than to practice I guess.

Back
Top Bottom