question for "The Wire" heads...

Originally Posted by hymen man

Finished Season One last night, loved it. Started Season 2........... does it get better down the road? Not really feeling the Dock story-line, i'll prob. keep watching though.

Yes.

Finished Season One last night, loved it. Started Season 2........... does it get better down the road? Not really feeling the Dock story-line, i'll prob. keep watching though.

Yes.

season 2 is such an underrated season. It really moves the story and connects everything in the latter seasons.

its still kinda snore fest tho at the beginning hehe.

season 2 is such an underrated season. It really moves the story and connects everything in the latter seasons.

Judging by the first two episodes of S2, I'm guessin' my dude Dee gets offed this season?

Judging by the first two episodes of S2, I'm guessin' my dude Dee gets offed this season?

I felt the same way about season 2...by the end it became one of my favorite seasons

Ziggy
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
I couldnt stand him
laugh.gif
True

I felt the same way about season 2...by the end it became one of my favorite seasons

Ziggy
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
I couldnt stand him
laugh.gif
True

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

What was the point of Rawls being shown in a gay bar when brother Monzones dude was there looking for omar?
There's no point, in regards to the overall story. It's just part of the subtle character development they employed during the show. They didn't have to do it, but they did, to add the twist.

I would argue that it adds to one of the show's themes that stretches across all five seasons regarding how intertwined all these segments of the city and society are.

What was the point of Rawls being shown in a gay bar when brother Monzones dude was there looking for omar?
There's no point, in regards to the overall story. It's just part of the subtle character development they employed during the show. They didn't have to do it, but they did, to add the twist.

I would argue that it adds to one of the show's themes that stretches across all five seasons regarding how intertwined all these segments of the city and society are.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

it aired on HBOs HD channel but it was never in full true HD. It always had the bars on the side

It doesn't necessarily have to be widescreen in order to be HD.

The format wars and the emergence of Blu-Ray and HD programming occurred somewhere around the fourth and fifth seasons. David Simon said in an interview he wanted to keep the look and feel of the show consistent and was planning on keeping it on DVD only.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

it aired on HBOs HD channel but it was never in full true HD. It always had the bars on the side

It doesn't necessarily have to be widescreen in order to be HD.

The format wars and the emergence of Blu-Ray and HD programming occurred somewhere around the fourth and fifth seasons. David Simon said in an interview he wanted to keep the look and feel of the show consistent and was planning on keeping it on DVD only.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Dukie= Bubbles
Michael= Omar
Nay= D'angelo (but he was lucky by meeting Bunny)

Dont forget about Sydnor becoming the next McNulty and maybe Carver as the next Daniels possibly. I think the writers were basically telling everyone that game doesnt change only the players. The Wire is the goat I agree.
I think they were setting Carver up as the next Bunny Colvin.  

Dukie= Bubbles
Michael= Omar

Dont forget about Sydnor becoming the next McNulty and maybe Carver as the next Daniels possibly. I think the writers were basically telling everyone that game doesnt change only the players. The Wire is the goat I agree.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Dukie= Bubbles
Michael= Omar
I think both are possibilities. He definitely inherited characteristics of both.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Dukie= Bubbles
Michael= Omar
I think both are possibilities. He definitely inherited characteristics of both.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

That iCarly homage is dope.

The Wire probably won't be out on Blu-Ray because it wasn't filmed with HD cameras.
But the 101 network(directv exclusive) has been showing it in HD, without the stretch-o vision. 

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

That iCarly homage is dope.

The Wire probably won't be out on Blu-Ray because it wasn't filmed with HD cameras.
But the 101 network(directv exclusive) has been showing it in HD, without the stretch-o vision. 

Originally Posted by infamousod

yea there were a lot of loose side-plots that were left untouched like Carcetti smashing that random broad and so on (although up could argue that it was to show his shift towards temperance later on) Overall, it gave as a wider perspective of the character and his development, which is appreciated. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom