QUESTION: Shipping Shoes to the States

Hey guys! I need your help. I'll be moving to the States soon. I want to know what is the safest and fastest way to have my shoes shipped over there. Ihave over 25 pairs all with their respective shoe boxes and I might not be able to bring all of them once I leave. Should I have them shipped individually orjust put all of them in one big box? Any advice or suggestions would really be appreciated. Peace.

Well, 25 pairs is a lot and I don't think that you will be able to fit that in one big box. I suggest shipping it to the US via LBC. Their balikbayanbox/big box can probably accomodate 8 pairs of shoes in their shoe boxes so you'll need to send about 4 or 5 boxes. You might want to break down the boxesand just reassemble them in the US so you can save space in the boxes.

I am sure the other guys here have more ideas than I do as I haven't had anything sent to me to the US. Di pa nga ako nakakapunta sa US hehehe

LBC doesn't offer their "balikbayan box" service for outgoing packages.

I had the same dilemma last year. I say forget the individual boxes, fit all you can in one balikbayan box and leave the rest. Depending on what size you wear,you can fit around 15 pairs in one standard balikbayan box.

Or you can unload every pair you have here and just rebuild your collection when you get to the US. Stuff there is cheaper and you get a wider selection.

what size are you guys? i could fit about 18-21 pairs of sz 12s in a balikbayan box, with the boxes broken down and folded along the side.

so it can be done.

you just have to be good at..

tetris_big.gif

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll just have to buy 2-3 balikbayan boxes to fit all my pairs. But will the US Customs still open and check thecontents of my balikbayan boxes when they get there? And how long does it usually take for the boxes to arrive the States?

^^^ There's a chance they will open the boxes. That's standard customs procedure if they find the boxes to be suspicious both in content and declaredvalue. Well, I am speaking as if I have been there before but I guess this is all common sense for me. I suggest you just mark them as USED SHOES and explainto customs that you are moving from the Philippines to the US just in case they charge you custom duties and taxes.

I think they would understand. At least I think they would
wink.gif

Not all packages are inspected by the US Customs. You just get your boxes from the conveyor and proceed to the exit unless you declare one of the items below.

http://
All travelers entering the United States are required to DECLARE any meats, fruits, vegetables, plants, seeds, animals, and plant and animal products (including soup or soup products) they may be carrying. The declaration must cover all items carried in checked baggage, carry-on luggage, or in a vehicle.

I made a mistake of lining up for the US Customs in SFO before I exited the airport, wasting 30 minutes of my time, only to find out that I wasn't supposedto go through there. If anything, the package inspectors at NAIA will give you a harder time with all the shoes you'll bring.

just a friendly tip - whenever you're dealing with cops, security, customs, whatever..

don't volunteer any more extra information than you need to. don't unnecessarily complicate things. just answer direct questions and that's it.

and if you ship through a balikbayan box company, it should take about a month at sea, and it's door-to-door so i never had to deal with customs. just tipthe delivery guy a couple bucks.

im a size 9..well i can bring 2 balikbayan boxes with me. so probably thats the best thing to do.. thanks sa inputs!

Depends on your point of entry. Detroit and Minneapolis is very strict. Both of my moms boxes were opened and asked why she has a Spongebob bag complete withtags and UPC's (from a legit seller there). It will be smart to declare what you have, because if you don't, 2 things will/can happen; 1. they'lltake it or 2. they'll fine you.
Also I suggest you bring your reciepts, if you still have them.
I had 5 Grapes shipped here from Johnny Air and they asked my cousin to provide a reciept because of customs, I think I payed $150 for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom