question TAX ISSUES!

can your local social security administration office help you find all the taxes withheld from your pay checks?

this is my issue:

* company went out of business,  last june 09. so i didnt received my w-2
* did a substitute  w-2 with form 4852  using one of the last paystub i received, but im sure that paystub isnt the last one, i prolly had one or 2 more after that one.

so can the SS office have all the information for me for the right amount of federal, state, local,  SS & medicare taxes?

Usually in instances like this, you have to wait until mid May for the IRS to provide you with wage and withholding information from your employer's filing of Form W-2. For some reason they don't have this information right now? I don't know why considering these returns were due on Jan 31, 2010.

Just file an extension Form 4868, and contact the IRS with your situation. 1800-829-1040.

I would file a return that matches the info the IRS.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Usually in instances like this, you have to wait until mid May for the IRS to provide you with wage and withholding information from your employer's filing of Form W-2. For some reason they don't have this information right now? I don't know why considering these returns were due on Jan 31, 2010.

Just file an extension Form 4868, and contact the IRS with your situation. 1800-829-1040.

I would file a return that matches the info the IRS.
ok thanks dude. ill call tomorrow morning then.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom