Questions about joining a fraternity

Not big on this frat thing. I stand on my own. Hazing to show brotherhood? Been there, done that in my younger days, "cuz".

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Making connections.....

Pi Kappa Alpha in this thang
pimp.gif
I know not all chapters are the same but my favorite memory of Pike from my university was their 09 firemans challenge. They created a slip and slide but put down bleach instead of water. Girls went to the hospital with burns.
laugh.gif

http://dcist.com/2009/04/...detergent_is_bad_for.php
laugh.gif
  The Pikes at my school have a big #*$ firetruck outside of the house (Donated to them from an Alum), that they drive around every gameday (Saturday).  I've never been to a party in their house, but I heard it's bananas.

Its a great experience, you make connections, both professionally and socially. And the benefits of getting chicks isn't bad at all. Tau Kappa Epsilon btw, largest fraternity in the world, prestigious alumni.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

black frats seem super sketchy

jumping around with candy cane and doing all kinda *%!* #*# with their hands
grin.gif

Anyhow I got many offers to join frats in college, some of the people were already my friends and they straight up said I didn't even have to pledge-I decided to start my own frat instead but the chapter got denied cause dudes were on some sketchy #%+
30t6p3b.gif

Most of my best friends were in frats, I was pretty much a brother of a few I just refused to pledge not really sure why-maybe i thought i was too cool for it
grin.gif
And half the brothers in a lot of those frats were dbags, i wanted no parts
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

I can see why some dudes do it...females be groupies...say you a Q then drop a couple names and you probably in there...

son I follow this white chick on twitter who is OBSESSED with Ques..nvr knew it was that serious

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Making connections.....

Pi Kappa Alpha in this thang
pimp.gif

glasses.gif
 phi phi brotha 

but yea, i did it be a part of something on my campus, because campus spirit was so weak at my school. Ended up meeting my best friends, and did !+*% loads of community service/volunteer stuff. got a bunch of resume builders (by holding positions, organizing events, managing over a 100k budget, leadership roles). personally, the networking already found me a job, and to this day, my boss tells me he gave my app a second look at because of the connection.  

dont get me wrong, there was of course a plethora of partying and cute girls 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

grin.gif

Anyhow I got many offers to join frats in college, some of the people were already my friends and they straight up said I didn't even have to pledge-I decided to start my own frat instead but the chapter got denied cause dudes were on some sketchy #%+
30t6p3b.gif

Most of my best friends were in frats, I was pretty much a brother of a few I just refused to pledge not really sure why-maybe i thought i was too cool for it
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

unkle rukus

They really do though.
Some of the stories I've heard from my boys in various frats got me like wow.

I can see why some would join one, but def not for me.

Dad is an Alpha, mom is an AKA.

Dunno if im bout that frat life yet
laugh.gif

I was already pulling chicks, already traveling around the US having the time of my life, already knowing a lot of influential people all over, already partying...BEFORE I joined my fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi. Can't speak for the others, but I did it to become part of a social/professional network.

One time I was traveling out of town and one of my frat brothers that I knew on a greek message board but never met in person hooked me up with a hotel suite for a whole week for only $35 a night. that's just one example, actually a weak example but sorta shows you some of the benefits.

every organization should help one another but definitely not kill your opposing enemy(if there is one)....

I was already pulling chicks, already traveling around the US having the time of my life, already knowing a lot of influential people all over, already partying...BEFORE I joined my fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi. Can't speak for the others, but I did it to become part of a social/professional network.

One time I was traveling out of town and one of my frat brothers that I knew on a greek message board but never met in person hooked me up with a hotel suite for a whole week for only $35 a night. that's just one example, actually a weak example but sorta shows you some of the benefits.

I can go to almost any city in the US, and if for some reason I needed a helping hand, whether that be my car repaired, money, a place to stay, or even a job...one of my frats would help me out. If I talked to a frat and he couldn't help me he would see who could. Oh and I'd do that for one of my brothers as well.

Sure I paid my dues in the form of money to join...but what the hell these days that is worth while is free???

And that's not just my frat...that's Alphas, Ques, Sigmas, Iotas, heck even the traditionally white frats...and the Jewish Frats...oh they rolling in dough.

EDW has basically summed it all up. YO to the good bruhs!
pimp.gif

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ pretty much a brother.. right.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Dad is an Alpha, mom is an AKA.

Dunno if im bout that frat life yet
laugh.gif

lol you're definitely about to be an alpha...
but lately I've been seeing more Ques and AKAs getting married....  anyway

when I was undergrad, I wanted to be an alpha so bad. Who knows...might still do it for grad chapter. For me, its not about parties (obviously) but Brotherhood, giving back and networking...you get in what you put into it.

Crimson & Cream
pimp.gif

Always wanted to join but I'm not in school anymore.  I actually used to step with Kappas here in NY in MS/HS.  Something called the "Kappa League".  I'm still nicer than most Nupes with that kane
smokin.gif

i'm joining the basketball players frat this semester, bout to be living that lifestyle
pimp.gif

These threads pop up like once every few months or so. Love it or hate it there is DEFINITELY a lot of interest in us.
Whatup PHI

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

frat boys pay money to have friends... never dug frats

Common misconception, although I understand where it comes from. Honestly a lot of cats that join are friends with their line brothers long before they even pledge. Advantages of joining a frat are definitely networking and service, yea plenty of cats join for the wrong reasons parties, events, and what not but it's what you make of it. 

Agreed.

I pledged with 4 of my best friends from freshman year. Even though I've become tight with the others, I'm still the closest to my boys I pledged with.

There's a handful of people that join solo dolo, then there's people like me who joins in groups.

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Common misconception, although I understand where it comes from. Honestly a lot of cats that join are friends with their line brothers long before they even pledge. Advantages of joining a frat are definitely networking and service, yea plenty of cats join for the wrong reasons parties, events, and what not but it's what you make of it. 

Agreed.

I pledged with 4 of my best friends from freshman year. Even though I've become tight with the others, I'm still the closest to my boys I pledged with.

There's a handful of people that join solo dolo, then there's people like me who joins in groups.
Where did you pledge?

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Agreed.

Where did you pledge?

Theta Delta Chi.

Our TDX doesn't really associate with the national organization, though. I mean we are a recognized chapter but we do our own thing really.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Agreed.

Where did you pledge?

Theta Delta Chi.

Our TDX doesn't really associate with the national organization, though. I mean we are a recognized chapter but we do our own thing really.
I feel you on this one, nationals tend to be a bunch of fun-hating old men constantly raining on our parade. Never understood why though, most of these guys did exactly the same $$$% we are doing if not worse and now they have the audacity to tell us to cut it out or we get our charter revoked.

Back
Top Bottom