Questions about shipping shoes?

Hi I was just wondering what the average cost for shipping a pair of shoes is. Im looking to post some stuff in the buy/sell forum for the very first time. Also what is the procedure on recieving money through paypal? Thanks.

Hi I was just wondering what the average cost for shipping a pair of shoes is. Im looking to post some stuff in the buy/sell forum for the very first time. Also what is the procedure on recieving money through paypal? Thanks.

Depends where you are and where they are going. I sell a lot on ebay. When I ship a pair of Jordans I double box and opt for delivery confirmation so the buyer can track if need be. I'm from MA so say I ship them to NY. Probably around $10.00-12.00. But if I have to ship across the country to CA, it could be upwards of $18.00-19.00.

Paypal works as a go between buyers/sellers using credit cards/bank accounts and your e-mail address. So if someone sends you a payment, they type in your e-mail address and their payment automatically gets taken from their account and placed into to your Paypal account. You can then withdraw that money from your Paypal account to your bank account or keep it in your Paypal account to spend on ebay, NT, whatever.

Depends where you are and where they are going. I sell a lot on ebay. When I ship a pair of Jordans I double box and opt for delivery confirmation so the buyer can track if need be. I'm from MA so say I ship them to NY. Probably around $10.00-12.00. But if I have to ship across the country to CA, it could be upwards of $18.00-19.00.

Paypal works as a go between buyers/sellers using credit cards/bank accounts and your e-mail address. So if someone sends you a payment, they type in your e-mail address and their payment automatically gets taken from their account and placed into to your Paypal account. You can then withdraw that money from your Paypal account to your bank account or keep it in your Paypal account to spend on ebay, NT, whatever.

Depends on which service you use to ship. I've only shipped with USPS and Priority costs more than parcel but not by a lot. Costs also depends on where in the country you are shipping to.

Depends on which service you use to ship. I've only shipped with USPS and Priority costs more than parcel but not by a lot. Costs also depends on where in the country you are shipping to.

I also should've mentioned that I use USPS Priority. Shipping parcel is more econimical but I would never use it because it can take up to weeks for the buyer to receive the item.

I also should've mentioned that I use USPS Priority. Shipping parcel is more econimical but I would never use it because it can take up to weeks for the buyer to receive the item.

I used to jam the box into a medium size priority box (yes it is possible) and it'd cost me around 14 to ship anywhere with confirmation. Of course it depends on your tax and everything too

I used to jam the box into a medium size priority box (yes it is possible) and it'd cost me around 14 to ship anywhere with confirmation. Of course it depends on your tax and everything too

I have a question for you guys about this also.

Is there any way to ship using the flat rate boxes? I always have to use the Ready Post boxes. The shoes I ship are normally size 10.5 and the flat rate boxes just look too small.

I have a question for you guys about this also.

Is there any way to ship using the flat rate boxes? I always have to use the Ready Post boxes. The shoes I ship are normally size 10.5 and the flat rate boxes just look too small.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

i hate when sellers ship parcel.  hell ill pay the extra dollar or two if needed to get em shipped priority mail.

that being said if your selling shoes.  say if you live in cali and you end up shipping shoes somewhere else in the west coast it should be around $7-10 in shipping costs depending on the distance.     if you ship to the east coast it's going to cost about $15-$17   and it would be the other way around if you live on the east.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

i hate when sellers ship parcel.  hell ill pay the extra dollar or two if needed to get em shipped priority mail.

that being said if your selling shoes.  say if you live in cali and you end up shipping shoes somewhere else in the west coast it should be around $7-10 in shipping costs depending on the distance.     if you ship to the east coast it's going to cost about $15-$17   and it would be the other way around if you live on the east.

Back
Top Bottom