Questions for those who have Apple MacBook Air laptops.

wj4

Hey guys,

How do you like the MacBook Air? I'm looking at buying one this weekend. I currently have a MacBook from 2012. The screen started acting funny this morning. When the computer is on, screen is asleep. It wakes up when you tilt the whole laptop up but when you put it back down, screen goes back to sleep. My extended warranty expired in October of 2015 :lol:

I'm a bit disappointed with this one because it's never been dropped not scratched. I didn't even use it daily. Prior to this, I had a white MacBook from 2005-2006. Dropped that thing before and it was running until 2012 when it overheated.

Anyway, I don't do much. I only plan on using it to browse the web, light Photoshop, and MS Office. I'm aiming at a base 13" MacBook Air. I'm not a tech guy so I'm not awared of the latest and greatest and want to buy one ASAP.

All help and input is appreciated, fellas. Thanks in advance.

bought my girl a retina macbook pro a few weeks ago
and I'm jealous
i really like it
i suggest getting the rmbp instead of the air

That's funny

I have a MBP 2012 also an I'm looking to get a new Mac very soon, I like the gold one also.

Do they even still make the Air? They are all thin now I thought.

That's funny

I have a MBP 2012 also an I'm looking to get a new Mac very soon, I like the gold one also.

Do they even still make the Air? They are all thin now I thought.
the gold is that macbook
its basically a iPad with a physical keyboard
don't waste ur money on a macbook
they sill make the air
probably gonna get an update this year
but like i said rumba is ur best bet

Yes. They still have MacBook Airs. I think a base 13" is around a $1k. I don't really spend more than that since it is an unplanned buy. I won't even be using this thing on a daily basis. I have a desktop for that.

The gold MacBook is really nice. Hard to swallow for me at the price after tax and extended warranty though. Plus I won't even be playing games or using anything close to its capacity.

Overpaying for inferior hardware
Probably so, but like I stated I'm not a tech guy. The last Windows laptop I had was a $500 Acer in 2010 to run a program that wasn't available for Mac computers. I grew accustomed to Apple's set up since I've been using it for nearly a decade.

Probably so, but like I stated I'm not a tech guy. The last Windows laptop I had was a $500 Acer in 2010 to run a program that wasn't available for Mac computers. I grew accustomed to Apple's set up since I've been using it for nearly a decade.
:smh: don't waste money on a macbook
Getting an air is cool but might as well get a pro
Cause 13 inch air is almost the price of a entry level pro

i have a 2013 mba...i mean it does everything i want it to do well and have had no real problems with, but i really only use it as a glorified web browser (not into technical stuff either)...

I've thought about selling and just using a tablet...

Ok I gotta check Apple to better my knowledge.

The gold cost the same as any other color an I thought it was a MBP not an Air

:smh: don't waste money on a macbook
Getting an air is cool but might as well get a pro
Cause 13 inch air is almost the price of a entry level pro

Yea my 2012 mbp is a 15 inch

I swore none of them had cd drive now

Last edited:
Get a refurb from Apple. You'll get more for your $$ and the same warranty. Yeah, all the components may not be the latest/greatest, but ever since 2013 when battery life greatly increased, the Air hasn't changed THAT much.

I'm rocking with the mid-2013 13" Air and it's just as fast as it was the day I got it. Zero issues in 2.5 years of owning it and I see it lasting for several more years.

If you don't need the power of the MBP there's no sense in paying extra for it. Grab an Air w/ 256 GB of memory and you'll be good to go.

I'm not a MacBook guy, but if you do get the Air make sure it has an SSD in it. I'm not sure if they come standard with Airs but if they don't make sure you get one with one. Will make your life easier and your experience smoother

I have a Mid 2011 MBA.

Still going pretty strong. Have had to replace battery once.

I web surf, netflix, edit photos, take notes and everythings coo.

Wish ram wasn't soldered tho.

Last edited:
I have a 2014 air. I got it for 600$ off Newegg. I have zero complaints. It really does all iIneed it to do, and it's anything like my 07 mac I'll have it for almost a decade before it dies on me.

No way a tablet could ever replace a laptop for me. Especially an ipad where things like downloading things and using flash are so cumbersome.

Copped an LTE iPad pro yesterday. Already own a MBP. I doubt that it will ever take the place of my MBP but I'm hoping it will be easier to lug around with work.

Still have my MacBook Pro from 2010, the battery died three years ago but haven't replaced it since it still works by keeping it plugged. Thinking of passing it down to my brother and copping a newer one.

The hardware is not inferior at all. Fast processor, ssd, good amount of ram, it's a solid machine, just overpriced. If you're gonna do it, I'd get a pro, they're much slimmer and lighter these days.

For right now though the surface 4/book is probably the most well done machine out there.

Last edited:
On an air right now.  It is slightly upgraded but I run this thing hard and its been superb 

OP you buy photoshop / or have the subscription / or bootleg ? Just curious, I always had photoshop on windows and don't have it on my mac and miss it

On an air right now.  It is slightly upgraded but I run this thing hard and its been superb 

OP you buy photoshop / or have the subscription / or bootleg ? Just curious, I always had photoshop on windows and don't have it on my mac and miss it
RE: Photoshop, I'm going to either have the IT dept push the programs I need or buy them and get reimbursed since I will use them for work partially.

Thanks for the feedbacks, all. Kinda mad I missed the Best Buy sale for the Air :lol: The 11" is still on sale but I'm sure the screen will be too small for my taste in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom