END CLIFFS

Whats the next step ?

Cliffs (NT don`t play)

Was at a dead stop
Lady ran in the back of my car
Insurance company said my car is totaled
END CLIFFS

Whats the next step ?

Havent been in your situation but dont you get a call from the ladys insurance and get money from them for your car, since it is her fault?

Havent been in your situation but dont you get a call from the ladys insurance and get money from them for your car, since it is her fault?

They called the second after i made this they told me i got to wait till tuesday as monday is a holiday but i dont know what to expect 

They called the second after i made this they told me i got to wait till tuesday as monday is a holiday but i dont know what to expect 

just wait for your insurance company to contact you and get your side of the story. this seems like a pretty easy case since she hit you.

when you say you were at a dead stop.. traffic light? stop sign?

just wait for your insurance company to contact you and get your side of the story. this seems like a pretty easy case since she hit you.

when you say you were at a dead stop.. traffic light? stop sign?

Generally when you run into the back of someone it is your fault - so that should be a pretty easy case. They should deal with it fairly quickly.

Check your policy - you may be able to get a rental car at the moment until yours is replaced.

Generally when you run into the back of someone it is your fault - so that should be a pretty easy case. They should deal with it fairly quickly.

Check your policy - you may be able to get a rental car at the moment until yours is replaced.

The next step is that an insurance adjustor will be out to assess the value of your car if they haven't already. When they do this they take into account year, mileage, depreciation, condition of the car prior to the accident, etc. They will then cut you a check for what they think your car is worth. Depending on your insurance they may try to low ball you or screw you over, but sometimes you can negotiate with them especially if it wasn't your fault because they will then go after the other persons insurance to recover the cost of the car.

The next step is that an insurance adjustor will be out to assess the value of your car if they haven't already. When they do this they take into account year, mileage, depreciation, condition of the car prior to the accident, etc. They will then cut you a check for what they think your car is worth. Depending on your insurance they may try to low ball you or screw you over, but sometimes you can negotiate with them especially if it wasn't your fault because they will then go after the other persons insurance to recover the cost of the car.

sorry to thread jack... but what if your car is already salvage and someone hits you in the back? do you just get cash for the repairs or...?

sorry to thread jack... but what if your car is already salvage and someone hits you in the back? do you just get cash for the repairs or...?

I didn't read any replies yet but here's what I've done a couple times:

-Go to ER ASAP!!!
-Get a lawyer.
-He'll recommend you to a chiropractor.
-Act wayyyyyyy more hurt than you are.
-Go to at least 20 sessions with your chiropractor.

I've done this twice now from accidents that weren't my fault. First accident I got $6000 pocket money. Second accident I got $3000 pocket money.

I didn't read any replies yet but here's what I've done a couple times:

-Go to ER ASAP!!!
-Get a lawyer.
-He'll recommend you to a chiropractor.
-Act wayyyyyyy more hurt than you are.
-Go to at least 20 sessions with your chiropractor.

I've done this twice now from accidents that weren't my fault. First accident I got $6000 pocket money. Second accident I got $3000 pocket money.

Yeah, but I wouldn't let a chiropractor touch me.

I work near one and he treats people for whiplash for years at a time with spinal adjustments. No scientific basis at all just $50 a time for 20 sessions.

Back
Top Bottom