Quick camera selection help: Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3) or FujiFilm FinePix s2950 (s2990)

Just wondering if anyone has some insight on which camera I should get. Money is not the issue here.
I mainly use my camera for:

City shots

Landscapes

Sometimes macro (insects and flowers)

Stars

Don't really need an interchangeable lens, but could come in handy once I get a better grasp of things. I like the Fuji because it is smaller and has panoramic, but I feel Canon makes better lenses thus having better picture quality, but I'm no expert. Also the Fuji takes AA batteries which I'm not too fond of. Any help would be appreciated!

check out some of my pics from my travels http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdocs

Why not get a DSLR if money is not an issue? I would go with Canon, but I may be bias since I have a T3i.

Also, out of the blue... but what's the deal with your avy?

Might sound dumb, but the 1100D is a DSLR right? I was just looking up comparisons and I read that they are quite similar, hence the thread
smile.gif

And about the avy, it is my stove. I haven't actually seen it in a while, which is sad.

Copied from my collection post

Stove FAQ
Does the stove work?
Yes, the stove works. However, it is in the basement of my parents house so it is rarely used. When it is used, the top burners are never used only the oven.

Why do you put your shoes on the stove?
CUZ DEY IS HAWT FIYA, YADDADIDAMEAN?.... No but really, my friend suggested it when I did my first collection post and it just stuck.

How old is the stove?
No one really knows. The previous owners of the house were told it just grew out of the floor.

Can it travel through time?
Yes, it can travel through time however it must be on and to go with it you have to be inside. So it's basically not going to happen without some sort of protective gear, which I do not have.

I guess what my real question is, which camera will make my pictures look clearer without photoshoping them?

^ largely depends on the lens, good sir.

But DSLRs in general are much better than point-and-shoot, for sure.

The Canon should beat it without any problems.

Originally Posted by JDocs

I guess what my real question is, which camera will make my pictures look clearer without photoshoping them?

If you want a good combination of quality and size while price isn't an issue, look into a micro 4/3 camera. The Olympus PEN camera take some pretty good pictures and also have the option of interchangeable lenses.

Back
Top Bottom