Quick Guide: Your Account and Settings

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Your Account may be accessed via your avatar image in the upper right of the screen, or from the settings menu, and includes the following options:

Your Alerts - This will show you your recent alert activity. You can get alerts for everything from who is following you to who liked a post of yours.

Your News Feed - This will show you what others are up to that you follow.

- This will show you all the likes you have received, from who and for what post.

Watched Threads - This will list for you all your watched threads. Personal Conversations

View Conversations - This will list all the personal conversations that you have been involved with.

Start a New Conversation - Does what it says, it gives you the chance to start a new conversation.

Settings

Personal Details - This is where you can edit everything from your gender to your home page. Just remember to click save at the bottom.

Signature
- You can add your signature in here. It is recommended to preview it first then save.

Contact Details - From here you can amend you email address associated to the account if needed and you can also add your identities like twitter to your profile so people can contact you on a social network.

Privacy - Here you can decide if people can see your online status or even who may see your profile.

Preferences
- This is where you can choose to view other peoples signatures or change the style you are viewing.

Alert Preferences - Here you can amend the alerts that you receive. People you Follow; This will list everyone that you follow.

Password - You can change your password here.

My post count is off. Is this something that's being worked on?

Your post count should be caught up within 24 hours. Please keep in mind: we do our absolute best to keep as much data content (i.e. your post count) as possible but we cannot account for unforseen data loss or consolidation of old threads/post that lead to a lower post count. Thank you for understanding!

Where in settings do I need to go to change the amounts posts per page I see in a thread?

Mine is currently at the default 20 pppg

Last edited:
Where in settings do I need to go to cha be the amounts posts per page I see in a thread?
Mine is currently at the default 20 pppg

Hello, we don't yet have this option available to our users to select themselves. I know the old platform let you select within your preferences but our new platform doesn't yet offer that. Thanks for understanding while we work on these requests!

I think I got issues with my email. I stopped receiving emails for mentions etc. since beta. Thought it will update when we moved over. My current email settings except everything but haven't received anything. I check spam etc.
Help!

I think I got issues with my email. I stopped receiving emails for mentions etc. since beta. Thought it will update when we moved over. My current email settings except everything but haven't received anything. I check spam etc.
Help!

Hello, thanks for writing to us. On this new platform, users do not receive email notifications for @mentions. Was there a thread that you know of that you are subscribed to that you are not receiving email notifications for? I checked your settings and it seems that you're right: I don't see anything that would cause you not to get email notifications from us. Please let me know!

Hello, thanks for writing to us. On this new platform, users do not receive email notifications for @mentions. Was there a thread that you know of that you are subscribed to that you are not receiving email notifications for? I checked your settings and it seems that you're right: I don't see anything that would cause you not to get email notifications from us. Please let me know!

Maybe a bug, I seen the alert notification that you replied. I then went to my email to see if I got anything, and I got it in the spam folder.
So far thats the only email I have gotten.

There's a definite Wi-Fi issue (or cookies?) going on with the new site and old temporary forum.

Just took mine off and got back to the new site.

Hello, we don't yet have this option available to our users to select themselves. I know the old platform let you select within your preferences but our new platform doesn't yet offer that. Thanks for understanding while we work on these requests!
Ok. Ill be patient with that.

Last edited:
I uncheck the automatic email alerts and I'm still getting them. I don't need an email on every thread I post.

I uncheck the automatic email alerts and I'm still getting them. I don't need an email on every thread I post.

Hi, I adjusted your settings. Please let me know if you continue to get email notifications. Thanks!

I'm still getting them...

Thanks for helping

Last edited:
When we change our profile pics, are the old ones saved somewhere?

Also, when cropping, is it possible to zoom in? I haven't figured that out yet...

Do alerts = emails? I'm trying to not get emails about replies to threads. Just if I'm quoted or anything mentioning my name.

is the x new posts feature gone? where it used to be a tab at the bottom right corner and you clicked it to show new posts instead of refreshing the page

There's no signature under my settings. I was looking for it

I attracted a screenshot so you can get the idea

Attachments

• signature2.png
    signature2.png
    46 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I was looking to change my username. When I change my name, it says I can only change the capitalization. Anyway around this to change the actual name?

If I change the username, will all the previous post under the old username be linked to the new one?

Back
Top Bottom