Quick Insurance Question Vol: Google had no answers.

Can you use someone else's insurance to cover the expenses for braces?
Well obviously not all the expenses, but say friend B wants to use friend A's insurance cause friend A's insurance covers more. Will they get in any trouble?

Ive "heard" that this happens quiet frequently but I personally dont believe so. 

EDIT

I mean in trouble with the insurance company, not so much the dentist.

Can you use someone else's insurance to cover the expenses for braces?
Well obviously not all the expenses, but say friend B wants to use friend A's insurance cause friend A's insurance covers more. Will they get in any trouble?

Ive "heard" that this happens quiet frequently but I personally dont believe so. 

EDIT

I mean in trouble with the insurance company, not so much the dentist.

if you have a shady dentist willing to pretend that your friend is actually their patient instead of you, you could probably get away with it.

be warned though, there is risk involved with insurance FRAUD. if you get caught, it wont be pretty.

if you have a shady dentist willing to pretend that your friend is actually their patient instead of you, you could probably get away with it.

be warned though, there is risk involved with insurance FRAUD. if you get caught, it wont be pretty.

Talk to ur dentist, I'm sure you guys could work something out regarding that switcheroo
nerd.gif

Talk to ur dentist, I'm sure you guys could work something out regarding that switcheroo
nerd.gif

The only instance where it's ok is if the person is a spouse or dependent of the person with coverage.  Otherwise, if the dentist submits the request for coverage it's likely going to be classified as fraud or misconduct if they find out.

The only instance where it's ok is if the person is a spouse or dependent of the person with coverage.  Otherwise, if the dentist submits the request for coverage it's likely going to be classified as fraud or misconduct if they find out.

insurance fraud is not a good look. if you get busted flush all white collar jobs goodbye (unless u start ur own company which will tank because you are marred by insurance fraud)

insurance fraud is not a good look. if you get busted flush all white collar jobs goodbye (unless u start ur own company which will tank because you are marred by insurance fraud)

Back
Top Bottom