quick opinion needed

If you were in a professional environment and one of your managers came up to you and look you in the eye and thaen says "Can you fetch me some paper worki left upstaris" would you be offended? I paused for a minute and though to myself "fetch"! I wonder if she tells her son to fetch her sliperswhen she's chillin on the couch. Or her hubby to fetch her the car keys! I was about to have a keepin it real/ Niger moment up in this mo. Am i overreacting because i really feel like I should have checked that broad.

You should have said something like .. "I'm not a dog, and I'm not going to fetch anything for you or anybody...but i will be kind and do you thefavor." .. It would have let the person know what they did was wrong and you did it in a respectful, peaceful, and kind manner.

You could have broke it off to her like this.

"Yeah, sure. I can go GET your papers from uptairs."

And she would have gotten the picture without you being offensive or anything like that. Then she knows to step correct next time.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

And she would have gotten the picture without you being offensive or anything like that. Then she knows to step correct next time.

This is the way I might have gone about it

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

yea i considered tha but my emotions were boiling so much I might have just said something to that effect but more vulgar or agressive and some how got herin to im higher on the totem pole mode and come at me in a dramatic sarcastic tone every time we speak. Managers have the biggest eagoes, and they get offendedvery easily even though they dont consider most others. I dont even know if i should even bring it back up because then ill get that O! i didnt mean it likethat! Give me a bull %%%+ apology and then comence to acting and treating me in a dramitically positive or negative fashon.
eyes.gif
im at a stalemate. Im gonna have to
pimp.gif
this one away.

were you already working on something at the time she asked you?

are you more pissed that she used "fetch"?

are you not accustomed to being asked to do things around the work place by a superior?

No i was actually coming back from my lunch and i had like two minutes left but i forgot to clock out so im like... hmmmm if i say i that i still have a coupleminutes for my lunch she will probably investigate and notice that i didnt clock out and that would lead to her begrudgingly repremanding me now because ididnt fetch her crap. If u needed something from somewhere and u were unable to do it yourself would u say to the person u want to get it for u to"fetch" it? Who the hell uses "fetch" to tell another human being to get something for them. I can do what ever any one needs but this bagdidnt have to use "fetch". It seems that she went out her way to use it and then smiled in my face like i had to do it. I checked my name tag and idont see fido or lassie any where on the mofo. All n all me avoiding this keepin it real moment was benificial because if i said no she would have tried toflex on me every chance she got. I was mad though, but i took my time and had a couple convo's & detours to make the trip longer that if she would havedone it. $!* i even dropped the damn paper on the table when whe reached out for it. I dont usually resort to such petty tactics but, eh.

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

but no need to overreact and say something that you could potentially lose your job over

Back
Top Bottom