quick paypal question!

i just sold a pair of shoes to someone in nigeria. i had the shoes listed on ebay, but he sent me a personal email and said he would give me X amountshipped, i said i was down. so he said he would send me the money via paypal and i would ship as soon as it cleared into my account.
well i get an email from paypal and it says i must give them a shipping confirmation number before the money will be transferred to my account
here is the quote
"
The payment has been successfully made but due to security reason we have to receive the shipment tracking number before the next 24hour for the processing ofyour order.

This a new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.

Once you have shipped the item send us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has verify your account will be credited instantly.

This PayPal[emoji]174[/emoji] payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail paypal_accountcredit@mail2consultant.com http://us.f637.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=paypalverifierservice@auctionfan.net

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal[emoji]174[/emoji] informing you that the Money has been credited.

Note: PayPal will be responsible for the item loss or damage once we receive the tracking number

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

is this just because im shipping to nigeria?
the email says its from "service@intl.paypal.com"

I haven't sold anything through paypal in about a year so maybe im just new to this but seemed kinda weird to me
can anyone confirm?.

really? thats what i was thinking sounds very fishy to me.
also, i looked on my paypal account and see nothing.
do i just ignore these emails?

i just sold a pair of shoes to someone in nigeria.

first time saying this but i actually stopped reading there

never sell to people in nigeria, its all scams

contact paypal tomorro via phone and tell them to check if everything is legit, that dont sound right tho

Dont even deal with anything or anyone from Nigeria.

You will be scammed.

Just relist the shoes and sell them to someone else.

The paypal email was fake.

*note, i haven't shipped them yet, i just got the email when i got home.
it just seems fishy to me that i have to give them a confirmation before i get my money.

Them Nigerians always grindin'
laugh.gif

bro, you got scammed. someone tried to scam me too, from nigeria. saying he'd send the money, and everyone knows that when you receive payment you get anemail from paypal right? well, this looked really nice and like if it was real, but it was fake. and if i went through with it, i woulda lost and my money andthe thing he wanted to buy

you just go on your paypal account and see if money has been taken and then call them

i called them, its fake, good thing i didn't send anything.
people got this stuff figured out
thanks to all for the help

Back
Top Bottom