Quick Paypal Question

What's up NT, I got a quick paypal question. I'm trying to buy a pair of sneakers of a fellow NTer. I don't have a paypal account but I was planning on creating one and linking my debit card. How long would it take for the money to appear in my paypal account? Does it take money out of my checking account right away or is there a processing time? The reason I'm asking is because he's leaving for vacation on Wednesday and I need to pay him by them. Are there any other quicker methods using paypal?

leaving for vacation, huh?
laugh.gif

#$%^&*()*&^%$#$%^&*( paypal they just charged me $.30 for a payment reversal
30t6p3b.gif

1.) I think you should really ask yourself if this is a scam. Looking at this from an outsider's view, it sounds like it could be one, but this is your business so...

2.) I was in the same situation as you a few months ago (started selling stuff on ebay, new to paypal etc.). I suggest you do as much research as you can about paypal.

3.) With #2 said, from what I researched, the general consensus is to never link your bank account (I'm guessing that's what you mean by your debit card) to your payapl. This pretty much gives paypal access to your bank account and gives them the ability to charge you for stuff without notice. Now, if you need to add $$ to your paypal to pay this guy, I'm not sure if you have to link your bank account or not. I started off by selling stuff on ebay and receiving $$ from others first.

Like Jay said... Leaving for vacation huh?

paypal just screwed me ......
i call to ask about the negative balance that i had & now i have a limitation on my account saying i had a paypal account in 07' with a neg balance so they put limitations on both accounts
30t6p3b.gif
this is the only account ive ever had !@@ is this bs.... so i had to file something & they will look over it & that could take up to 10 days
30t6p3b.gif
......... i need a paypal alt asap these dudes are full of themselves & now they are just making #$+ up

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

google checkout >

i was just looking at this can i use it the same as paypal? will it be accepted in the buy/sell

yeah...the going on vacation part sounds a little sketchy but it is the summer...people do go on vacation. When you pay through paypal you can send the money directly from your bank account. It automatically shows up in their paypal account but takes 3-4 days to go through into their bank account.

The dude seems legit. He created a thread where he was selling multiple sneakers. Sold all of them except for the pair that I'm getting. In the send money option, would I be able to pick Visa and just treat my debit as a credit like you would in a retail store. Basically, I just need to pay him by by wednesday.

Yeah, you'll be able to send money right away after linking your checking account with Paypal.

Don't send the payment as gift to be on the safer side.

Back
Top Bottom