Quick question about Raptor DMP VII's

Originally Posted by orthotic

Originally Posted by abernja

please dont call these raptors anymore. call em "playoffs" or something, since he actually wore these in the playoffs. sorry, no offense, but when i hear the word "raptors" it really gets under my skin.
mad.gif

Which playoffs were you watching?
Best to just call them the Bulls DMP VII

i really dont know what kind of playoffs YOU were watching, but he actually did wear these in the '92 postseason since he only wore his white shoes during the regular season. Take a look:

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals) 

SMH @ guys not doing their homework
smh.gif

Owned.

And dude actually went out and tried to cross out your whole statement smh

Agree on the Raptor thing. Raptors didn't even exist when these dropped, one of the worst nicknames along with Cherry XII's

please dont call these raptors anymore. call em "playoffs" or something, since he actually wore these in the playoffs. sorry, no offense, but when i hear the word "raptors" it really gets under my skin.
mad.gif

i really dont know what kind of playoffs YOU were watching, but he actually did wear these in the '92 postseason since he only wore his white shoes during the regular season. Take a look:

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals) 

smh.gif

Owned.

And dude actually went out and tried to cross out your whole statement smh

Agree on the Raptor thing. Raptors didn't even exist when these dropped, one of the worst nicknames along with Cherry XII's

Besides all this nickname drama... Does anyone have Citrus VII'z? I checked mine and no cardboard... so far that's the only one reported. Let me know. Thanks

Besides all this nickname drama... Does anyone have Citrus VII'z? I checked mine and no cardboard... so far that's the only one reported. Let me know. Thanks

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

00e266a6d5641ab19899b00fe7bee6d0bfc08c1b_r.jpg

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

e8016a6a60a29a900be5556b3ee61377497b7b0c_r.jpg

smh.gif

I guess my comment was a bit out of line. So I apologize to you man ^
Doesn't change my stance on my comment though. What I meant was the DMP VII isn't true enough to the original release for the OG blk/red VII and the DMP VII to be considered the same shoes. I may be the only one who feels this way. Just how you can't say Jordan wore the "Flu Game" XII's in the "Flu Game" as they both are drastically different shoes imo.

OG cw

air-jordan-7-og-black-red.jpg

These are not the same as what he's wearing. That was my point. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

I know enough about shoes and their history. No need for homework studies. It's already in my head.

.............back to the topic at hand.

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

00e266a6d5641ab19899b00fe7bee6d0bfc08c1b_r.jpg

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

e8016a6a60a29a900be5556b3ee61377497b7b0c_r.jpg

smh.gif

Doesn't change my stance on my comment though. What I meant was the DMP VII isn't true enough to the original release for the OG blk/red VII and the DMP VII to be considered the same shoes. I may be the only one who feels this way. Just how you can't say Jordan wore the "Flu Game" XII's in the "Flu Game" as they both are drastically different shoes imo.

OG cw

These are not the same as what he's wearing. That was my point. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

I know enough about shoes and their history. No need for homework studies. It's already in my head.

my DMP Raptor VII's kinda remind me of the Bordeaux's whenever i wear them and look down at em. They arent OG, but they were still a nice shoe IMO

my DMP Raptor VII's kinda remind me of the Bordeaux's whenever i wear them and look down at em. They arent OG, but they were still a nice shoe IMO

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

smh.gif

OG cw

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

What's funny though is that the DMP's are actually MORE like the OG's, not Retro's as far as looks.. OG's had the 2 tone like nubuck/durabuck or whatever it was...

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

smh.gif

OG cw

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

What's funny though is that the DMP's are actually MORE like the OG's, not Retro's as far as looks.. OG's had the 2 tone like nubuck/durabuck or whatever it was...

people still having hang ups over these being called raptor VII's ? 
laugh.gif
get over it...da milk been spilled for 8 years already.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

smh.gif

OG cw

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

2w71t8x.jpg
^^^^ True. I've always wondered why the DMP 60+ got so much hate towards it when the black vii was more towards the OG. OG has a charcoal and black on the shoe. The 02 retro was the one that was %%$*## up. It was mostly all black and yall cry when JB gets something right by releasing the Retro with the charcoal.

mad.gif

MJ vs Knicks (Playoffs)

MJ vs Blazers (Finals)

smh.gif

OG cw

Retro+ cw

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

2w71t8x.jpg
^^^^ True. I've always wondered why the DMP 60+ got so much hate towards it when the black vii was more towards the OG. OG has a charcoal and black on the shoe. The 02 retro was the one that was %%$*## up. It was mostly all black and yall cry when JB gets something right by releasing the Retro with the charcoal.

Originally Posted by Quashy

Not exactly. The OG's only became two toned after much wear and tear. Fresh out the box they were a dark black nubuck (See the MJ pics posted). They eventually faded over time due to the weathered durabuck they used.

Not exactly. The OG's only became two toned after much wear and tear. Fresh out the box they were a dark black nubuck (See the MJ pics posted). They eventually faded over time due to the weathered durabuck they used.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
"Raptors" are probably my most hated nickname I can think of. There's just so many levels of wrong about the term. And it actually sickens me that more and more shoe heads associate the black/red VII's with an expansion team's old colors, who by the way, DID NOT EXIST in 1992.

I actually contemplated editing the title for the OP so it'd be more accurate. Seriously.

But, I get where you're coming from ninjahood. It's spilled milk. We should get over it. Will I ever? Probably not.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
"Raptors" are probably my most hated nickname I can think of. There's just so many levels of wrong about the term. And it actually sickens me that more and more shoe heads associate the black/red VII's with an expansion team's old colors, who by the way, DID NOT EXIST in 1992.

I actually contemplated editing the title for the OP so it'd be more accurate. Seriously.

But, I get where you're coming from ninjahood. It's spilled milk. We should get over it. Will I ever? Probably not.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I stated, "as far as looks".. I understand wear added to the looks of OG's that we see now.. But aesthetically when we look at Originals (when the DMP came out) the 2 looked so similar as to how they aged, if you understand what I mean.. It was like "pre aged" in a sense to make it look like an original pair, to me that was cool!

Back
Top Bottom