Quick question for graphic design people..

I asked this question last week, but I created a TDKR shirt on skreened and it came out looking pretty good. I'm trying to create another one using the silhouette of one of the images from TDKR. In case it matters, here is the image.
Anyways, since I want to finish the cape and the quality on the original image is horrible I need a program to redraw it. Can this be done on Photoshop or do I need Illustrator? I have to find Illustrator before I do this, so I want to make sure it's worth my time to look for it. Just doing the TDKR symbol on Photoshop took a while and I remember when I had Illustrator it was easier.

Thanks in advance..

I asked this question last week, but I created a TDKR shirt on skreened and it came out looking pretty good. I'm trying to create another one using the silhouette of one of the images from TDKR. In case it matters, here is the image.
Anyways, since I want to finish the cape and the quality on the original image is horrible I need a program to redraw it. Can this be done on Photoshop or do I need Illustrator? I have to find Illustrator before I do this, so I want to make sure it's worth my time to look for it. Just doing the TDKR symbol on Photoshop took a while and I remember when I had Illustrator it was easier.

Thanks in advance..

Illustrator is better but you can make vector images with the pen tool in photoshop without much difficulty - wouldn't take long to redraw that.

Found this too if it's any use:

Batman.%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Returns%20Cover%20II.jpg

Illustrator is better but you can make vector images with the pen tool in photoshop without much difficulty - wouldn't take long to redraw that.

Found this too if it's any use:

Batman.%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Returns%20Cover%20II.jpg

Thanks, yeah, after I made the thread I realized I could just use the pen tool. I was always too lazy to go thru the tutorial, but given how simple the shape is and how much I may potentially use it in the future, it'll be worth the time.

Thanks, yeah, after I made the thread I realized I could just use the pen tool. I was always too lazy to go thru the tutorial, but given how simple the shape is and how much I may potentially use it in the future, it'll be worth the time.

Another option that could work is cutting out the image and using the stroke option in PS to create an outline of it

Another option that could work is cutting out the image and using the stroke option in PS to create an outline of it

Back
Top Bottom