Quick question Vol: New Laptop

So I finally bought a mac and had a pc since forever so I'm a total noob, so my question is..when Dl firefox and drag it to the dashboard it stays there and then when I look back its gone lol and can't find it nowhere...so how do I stop this madness?

So I finally bought a mac and had a pc since forever so I'm a total noob, so my question is..when Dl firefox and drag it to the dashboard it stays there and then when I look back its gone lol and can't find it nowhere...so how do I stop this madness?

Wait wut?
You download the firefox dmg file.

Double click it.

A box should open up.

Drag the firefox icon to your application folder. 

21cdp1u.png

Wait wut?

Double click it.

A box should open up.

21cdp1u.png

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Wait wut?

Double click it.

A box should open up.

21cdp1u.png

Sometime the actual application folder will be right in the dmg window that opens when you execute the file.
dmg_install.png

Just drag the icon into the application folder. Once thats done you can drag the actual virtual drive on  your desktop to your trash (ejecting it)

Consider dmg files like a image file, sorta like an .iso, osx mounts the image file and makes a virtual drive out of it, from their you transfer the application file to your application folder and than "eject" the mounted drive once your done with it.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Wait wut?

Double click it.

A box should open up.

21cdp1u.png

Sometime the actual application folder will be right in the dmg window that opens when you execute the file.
dmg_install.png

Just drag the icon into the application folder. Once thats done you can drag the actual virtual drive on  your desktop to your trash (ejecting it)

Consider dmg files like a image file, sorta like an .iso, osx mounts the image file and makes a virtual drive out of it, from their you transfer the application file to your application folder and than "eject" the mounted drive once your done with it.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

I hope you're just confused on terminology and not actually dragging to the dashboard. Once you download a file and drag it to your apps folder you can then drag it to your dock where it will stay permanently. If you don't do this, every time you close out of the program it will disappear from your dock.

On the other hand having too many programs on my dock drives me crazy...to clean those up just drag them from your dock to your trash and it should say "Remove from dock"

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

I hope you're just confused on terminology and not actually dragging to the dashboard. Once you download a file and drag it to your apps folder you can then drag it to your dock where it will stay permanently. If you don't do this, every time you close out of the program it will disappear from your dock.

On the other hand having too many programs on my dock drives me crazy...to clean those up just drag them from your dock to your trash and it should say "Remove from dock"

Back
Top Bottom