R&B Thread About Nothing

Songs I’m skipping

Yeah
Caught Up
Bad Girl I’m skipping and then going back to skip again
Truth Hurts
Take Your Hand

5 out 17 songs
Man, what?? I ain't skipping the middle three you mentioned. Hell no.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Back in the day, we used to debate who the best singer in Day 26 was. I always repped Robert.

Yeah, tripping on Truth Hurts.

:lol: at double skipping Bad Girl.
It’s a bit dated now but that used to be my joint during my teen years.

What y’all know about a supermodel
ECEFDADA-8489-42D3-BFC6-22C7F64B2932.png

I LOVE me some Born To Do It era Craig David! This was my favorite song off of that album too. It sucks that either he or somebody on his team thought it was ideal for him to be "Americanized" when it was time for the second album. His style and him bringing the UK Garage sound in his music made him stand out and then by the next album, he blended in with the Ushers and Sisqos and did not stand out anymore.

He did redeem himself with his third album (which I had to buy as an import since it was not released in the US).....that had some of his best music to date, but then he fell off by the fourth album by wanting his musical sound to be WAAYYY different and then focusing more on bodybuilding.....SMDH

This song definitely resonates with me A LOT and is one of Lyfe Jennings' best for sure!

About to make some tea and cozy up on the couch to this.....I like the album version SOOOO much better than the radio version with Chrisette Michele.

I LOVE me some Born To Do It era Craig David! This was my favorite song off of that album too. It sucks that either he or somebody on his team thought it was ideal for him to be "Americanized" when it was time for the second album. His style and him bringing the UK Garage sound in his music made him stand out and then by the next album, he blended in with the Ushers and Sisqos and did not stand out anymore.

I agree. I don't know what his intentions were initially for the follow-up, but I do remember a lot of pop producers in the U.S. kinda dumbing down that UK sound, which was inevitable. That probably had something to do with him changing direction.

I agree. I don't know what his intentions were initially for the follow-up, but I do remember a lot of pop producers in the U.S. kinda dumbing down that UK sound, which was inevitable. That probably had something to do with him changing direction.
That is why he should have came harder with the UK Garage sound on that second album so folks would know the real deal! The sound died in like the mid 2000s for the exact reason you stated and then folks were pretty much putting EDM, techno, UK garage, etc. altogether. Oh well. The last 2 albums that he dropped were good (slept on though) and I am glad that he went back to R&B and pop mixed with some British hip hop.

Anybody ever heard of or mess with Lorenzo Smith? I guess he bubbled in the 90s and then lost all traction in a label war

The 90s was so stacked A LOT of talented dudes just went under the radar :smh:

Real sensual Keith Sweat-esque stuff tho :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom