R&B Thread About Nothing

Yeah I felt the same way after playing both. Wish it came out instead so we could have HQ versions of the songs..

giphy.gif

The DeBarge family story is f'n crazy.

Bobby DeBarge
Though he remained a collaborator with his brothers and sister, Bobby DeBarge struggled with personal problems that ended his career. In 1988, he and Chico were convicted of drug trafficking charges in Michigan. After serving six years, DeBarge discovered he had AIDS and tried recording an album - It's Not Over, his only solo project, was released in 1996 following DeBarge's death from AIDS in 1995 at the age of 39.

James DeBarge
Though he hasn't had any solo success since DeBarge's breakup, James is most notable for his personal relationship and short marriage to R&B and pop singer Janet Jackson during the early 1980s. James and Jackson annulled their marriage in 1985 because of James' drug problems and disapproval from Jackson's parents Joseph and Katherine.

Chico DeBarge
Chico was 18 when he released his first album in 1985. The first single, "Talk to Me", became a top forty smash for Chico. Branded as the "new star" of the DeBarge family, his career was interrupted by an arrest on drug trafficking charges with his brother Bobby in 1988. After a six-year prison term, Chico DeBarge was released and returned to music pioneering a new sound in R&B music titled Neo Classic Soul under the UMG label Kedar Ent. in 1997 recording the hit album, 1997's Long Time No See reemerging in the neo soul scene of the late 1990s., Chico is the only solo DeBarge in the family to date to have achieved certified Gold album status. In 2009, he detailed his drug addiction on his recent release, Addiction.since the release of addiction Chico DeBarge has been sober and touring while recording a new CD.

Robert Louis DeBarge, Sr. (1932–2009) was a soldier who served for the United States Armed forces and was of French descent.[1] He met Etterlene Abney, who is African American, in Detroit, Michigan in the early 1950s. They married in 1953, with Robert being 21 and Etterlene going on 18. They stayed together for 21 years before divorcing in 1974. The children claimed that their father sexually abused several of them, which the father denied.

Whoa, I don’t listen to as much females singers as male singers but Whitney voice >>>

Back
Top Bottom