R.I.P. Alaina Reed Hall

Alaina Reed Hall
, the kind-faced actress best known as Olivia on 'Sesame Street' who later starred on '227,' died Dec. 17 in Los Angeles after a lenghty battle with breast cancer, theSpringfield News-Sun reported. She was 63.

Beginning in 1976 and running up until the late 1980s, Hall was known to millions of children as photographer Olivia on the PBS show. She told the News-Sun in2004 it was "the best job I ever had."

In 1985, she was cast in the urban sitcom '227' as Rose, the go-to friend in the neighborhood. The cast also included the always-sassy Jackée Harry andran for five seasons.

After '227' left the airwaves in 1990, Hall made several guest appearances in shows such as 'Blossom' before scoring a lead role on theshort-lived sitcom 'Cleghorne!' in 1995.

Her film credits include 'Death Becomes Her' and 'Cruel Intentions.'

Hall was also a talented singer, having began her career on Broadway ('Hair,' 'Chicago') and released a single, 'Bad for My Head,' in1972.

'Sesame Street'​

'227'​

very sad news.
frown.gif

r.i.p. Olivia

aww man, "follow that bird" was the s
pimp.gif

sidenote: gordon and maria's real daughter on the show .....
devil.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

RIP to her. Wonder who's gonna be the third
ohwell.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]She is the third....Chris Henry, Brittany Murphy & now Alaina ReedHall[/color]...
ohwell.gif

[h3]
[/h3]

Had no idea who this was until you said Olivia from Sesame Street. That woman helped raise me!

Back
Top Bottom