R.I.P. Alton Sterling..Shot by BRPD..Point Blank, While Restrained.

Just got the nerve to watch the video.

Dude was pinned by 2 cops, cop pulls gun and sticks it to him.

He had time to think about it too
mean.gif

If you had that much time then there was no immediate threat on your life then why even pull your gun.

Just pull your taser or baton.

@HAWAII 5O  please respond.

did you watch the video at all? 

Sterling was down on his back with his arms pinned behind him.

He wasn't in a position to grab his gun and fire off on the officers.

they damn near unloaded the full clip on him. 

him having a gun on him in a state that allows conceal carry isn't deserving of death.

Be safe out here fellas. :{

I'm not defending the cop at all, dude is a scumbag and should be held accountable, what I'm saying is dude also responsible for putting himself in that situation....this the life you chose to live, a life of criminal activity and carrying an illegal firearm, ya wouldn't be flinching is this dude got lit up in an argument by another civilian....so yes the cop is wrong, but dude shouldn't be walking around armed, specially with a criminal record...what type of positive influence was he for society? Dude was either gonna end up dead like he did or in jail...

Killed by a cop = poor guy.

Killed by another civilian = he was probably asking for it, nobody would care.

is this not the logic?

dude, what's wrong with you?

him having a gun on him in a state that allows conceal carry isn't deserving of death.

Be safe out here fellas. :{

I'm not defending the cop at all, dude is a scumbag and should be held accountable, what I'm saying is dude also responsible for putting himself in that situation....this the life you chose to live, a life of criminal activity and carrying an illegal firearm, ya wouldn't be flinching is this dude got lit up in an argument by another civilian....so yes the cop is wrong, but dude shouldn't be walking around armed, specially with a criminal record...what type of positive influence was he for society? Dude was either gonna end up dead like he did or in jail...

is this not the logic?

If we're ok with this, what makes us any different than the more barbaric societies that we like to act like we're so far away from?

is this not the logic?
What does his past have to do with this situation?

Honestly don't understand the need to slander the dead man.

Do we know anything about the polices background yet?

is this not the logic?

Are you really this dense?
If a normal civilian did exactly what the cops did, they're going to jail, but since these guys had badges, people like you are justifying his death.
Cops are paid to protect and serve, not be the judge and executioner.

is this not the logic?
mean.gif
mean.gif

Cops don't get to play God B

I was being sarcastic towards Steezy, because he is trying to imply that these cops had justification to kill dude.

Like with most things I know I could get him tripping over his words in a couple post.

I'm NOT JUSTIFYING WHAT THE COP DID....he murdered dude....point blank.

All I'm saying is that this dudes life is even a topic of discussion because he was killed by a cop....I can't feel much sympathy for a dude who CHOSE to live a life of crime with multiple arrests and walks around with a loaded illegal weapon....what exactly was he intending to do with that gun?

If a normal civilian did exactly what the cops did, they're going to jail, but since these guys had badges, people like you are justifying his death.

You dudes are so caught up in the black vs blue thing that keep ignoring that I'm not justifying the damn cop and have said multiple times HE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Jesus Christ.

I was being sarcastic towards Steezy, because he is trying to imply that these cops had justification to kill dude.

Like with most things I know I could get him tripping over his words in a couple post.

All I'm saying is that this dudes life is even a topic of discussion because he was killed by a cop....I can't feel much sympathy for a dude who CHOSE to live a life of crime with multiple arrests and walks around with a loaded illegal weapon....what exactly was he intending to do with that gun?

His record has nothing to do with the situation that happened last night. If he's being restrained and NOT going for his weapon, there is no reason for him to have caught slugs.

From the footage, do you think that the police who handled this situation were in any danger?

Be safe out here fellas. 
mean.gif

is this not the logic?
Are you ok? How can you be this dense..

The end. A paid civil servant murdered a guy. Everything else you said is irrelevant in this situation.
How are you not getting that? Stop bringing up pointless ****. Every else gets it, but you.

Listen, y'all gotta ignore the ignorance spewed by some in here regarding this topic because it is too important to have constructive conversations about it.

If dudes can't sit back and learn something then it is what it is but those in the know need to discuss the real implications of all this.

Black people and any other people with their eyes open need to come together to a point where there is no other option but justice and fair treatment.

A lot of people think because the 60's is over that we don't need to be just as militant when it comes to our rights but they're wrong and we move further away from equality each day.

Dude could have skinny dipped in a private pool for all I care. That has nothing to do with his current situation. The cops did not arrest him this time for his past crimes. Stop trying to make it seem like this guy was worthless and shouldn't have his rights.

You dudes are so caught up in the black vs blue thing that keep ignoring that I'm not justifying the damn cop and have said multiple times HE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Jesus Christ.

They should be held accountable BUT...

Idk why you do this every time.

The way I see it, two criminals were caught in a fight, one got killed the other should go to jail....I feel very little sympathy for either one.

Cool but......
Was any of this necessary?

That's where you get the side eye.

That backhanded diss to this man for no reason.

He did not deserve to die because of his record.

Once again....

Listen, y'all gotta ignore the ignorance spewed by some in here regarding this topic because it is too important to have constructive conversations about it.

If dudes can't sit back and learn something then it is what it is but those in the know need to discuss the real implications of all this.

Out of the 346 black people killed by police last year, 2 officers were convicted.

General statements with no substance like these don't help matters either one way or another. For example out of the 346 black people that were killed by police, how many of them were innocently killed OR had a weapon in their hand or were ACTIVELY committing a crime at the time they were shot??

Were all 346 black people that were killed carrying Whole Foods shopping bags on their way home from picking up groceries for the evening to make dinner by police, were all 346 black people gunned down while committing armed bank robberies by police or were their varying factors and situations for all 346 black people that were killed by police??

Wait so if a dude commits a crime he shouldn't deserve to live? :rollin :rollin :rollin

Back
Top Bottom