R.I.P. Blockbuster...

So can we blame netflix + internet for this?

Yes, I have literally thousands of free movies and TV shows from all over the world in a couple of clicks.

I will miss it though, nothing like movie night with the fam and eating dinner on the couch like
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Maaaan....I remember hustling over there at 10am on Tuesday's to get new releases. :lol:

That empty feeling when the movie you wanted was checked out. :smh:

That amazing feeling you got when you found that movie in the return bin. :pimp:

Blockbuster was my first place of employment.  Oh well.  Time to check out the stores closing for some cheap *** blu rays

Used to walk about 15 minutes with the fam after dinner to go rent a flick.

We'd stop by the bakery grab some pastries or have some ice cream while we watched :nthat:

*real tears*

Used to walk about 15 minutes with the fam after dinner to go rent a flick.

We'd stop by the bakery grab some pastries or have some ice cream while we watched :nthat:

*real tears*

I've got fond memories of blockbuster also. Saturday nights my sister and i would rent a nintendo 64 game or something and parents would grab a movie. One was close to our house as well so we would walk there.

Maaaan....I remember hustling over there at 10am on Tuesday's to get new releases. :lol:

That empty feeling when the movie you wanted was checked out. :smh:

That amazing feeling you got when you found that movie in the return bin. :pimp:

having the clerk call the person who was overdue :pimp:

remind me, how did all you of catch up on Breaking Bad before the finale? Was that redbox?

No doubt, gotta use that netflix to binge watch all the hipster shows I didn't care bout when they were actually on

for movies that weren't worth a $13 ticket, Redbox is go-to.

Used to love going there man |I

The one near my house has been closed down for years though, so it was already dead to me.

RIP to a part of my child

I use to love going there to get games and movies. The Blockbuster I used to frequent is a beauty supply store now.

I'll never forget rollin up there, because without fail damn near every time we rented something we would have a late fee on the account and my dad would scream on the clerk :smh: :lol:
Had me lowkey embarrassed to go in there with him.

The one I used to go to in Brooklyn is also a beauty supply store :smh:

Back
Top Bottom