R.I.P. Dave Mirra (BMX Legend)

Dude was a legend, I remember every teenager wanted a Haro signature seat 

RIP. Like others I was into the x-games and extreme sports back in the had every THPS game on PS1/PS2. When I think of x sports I think of Tony Hawk, Andy Macdonald, and Dave Mirra.

Rip mirra I met him about 13 years ago at an event him and tj lavin were the nicest guys in the world

Damn dude. DAVE MIRRA?

Wow I would not have thought he would commit suicide. Dude was great.

Rest in Paradise to a legend.

This is really sad.

I was floored when i saw this on my phone

Dude was my idol growing up. Had the toys of his bike, had his video game. Had my broke *** wanting to pay $600 for a haro bike

Crazy and can't believe what happened. RIP to him

Definitely a child hood idol. I think I still have his games and toys buried somewhere. I used to record the X-games on VHS just to watch him and others like Matt Hoffman and Ryan Nyquist. BMX was the only reason I watched the X-games.

Damn, another great one lost today, RIP.

Him and Tony Hawk were some of the coolest dudes out there when I was a kid

I think anyone older than 27 (give or take) all resonate with the name Dave Mirra. Without even being a huge fan, I think most of us were all in awe of the ESPN2 beginning that ushered in the huge wave in popularity of extreme sports. Mirra was a part of that. It's sad.

I'm 20 years old and I grew up with Dave Mirra as well. Dude was the reason I only rode Haro bikes :lol: Never had Mirra 540 money so I settled for a Backtrail x2 with some Nyquist stickers I stole off a bike. :lol: The 2006 Mirra 540 was my favorite, man that thing was nice :pimp:

He inspired me to become a pro at BMX. I never was able to do anything other than barspins and bunny hops, but still. :lol: It hurt learning that barspin.

R.I.P Dave Mirra, one of my childhood idols!

RIP Dave Mirra
He was one of the reasons i got into Extreme sports.

He and Hoffman used to kill the vert ramp.
Had me learning all the names of the tricks and gave me a true appreciation of the difficulty of their craft.

Very sad.

RIP 

Used to always watch him as a kid growing up in the early to mid 2000s

His game and THPS 

Ate breakfast with him @ Woodward Camp PA in 1999. First time I met a "celebrity." Dude was about as laid back and down to earth as they come. RIP.

Damn a part of my childhood :frown: I remember the PS1/2 games more than his actual X-Game appearances (I was young at the time).

Very sad to hear of his passing, especially in this manner 
frown.gif

R.I.P  to a legend 

I wonder what made him kill himself? Looking at his instagram he seemed to have the perfect life..

Last edited:
I wonder what made him kill himself? Looking at his instagram he seemed to have the perfect life..

Who knows...his post from Wednesday is so creepy in retrospect though

Just shocks me so much because dude loved his daughters. Not saying that should keep somebody from committing suicide but I just wouldn't think he would leave them like this. Personal demons trumps all though so I wish he resolved them another way. Sad by his death but even sadder for his daughters. Especially having a daughter myself and going through a mentally tough time a year and some change ago.

Back
Top Bottom