R.I.P. Olympic Luger dies after crash in Vancouver. *VIDEO*

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ there being anything unpadded around the track especially a pole.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

my oh my, I saw the vid earlier, but for NBC to have it up on their website in HD no less, and to air it on national TV, just shows they have no care for the family, nor Kumaritashvili. That is very bad taste. Its sobering to think just how fast one can lose their life, and be throw into eternity when not expecting it. And other ppl have said it, but why in the world would there not be a plexy (sp?) glass on those sharpe turns and the areas where the lugers could actually fall off the track. However its even more mind boggling to have EXPOSED STEEL BEAMS exactly at the point of one of those turns. The IOC could not spring an extra grand or two and put some foam padding on the beams? Would that of saved this young man's life? No one knows for sure, atleast that would of made it seem like they cared about the luger's safety. SMH. RIP to Kumaritashvili, and I cant start to imagine the pain felt by his close friends and family.!

Padding wouldn't have saved him. He was going 88 MPH. 

I really can't believe how terrible the whole situation is. First of all, just put ten feet of plexiglass rising right above the track! How damn easy and is that? Completely naked steel beams merely feet from the track coming around a corner with athletes going 90 MPH?

And on top of that, how about NBC showing all of it, and unapologetically. Just awful.

The family of the competitor should sue for an obscene amount of money and I hope they get every cent.

Sorry, but these olympics are irreperably ruined.

Originally Posted by djaman

I really can't believe how terrible the whole situation is. First of all, just put ten feet of plexiglass rising right above the track! How damn easy and is that? Completely naked steel beams merely feet from the track coming around a corner with athletes going 90 MPH?

And on top of that, how about NBC showing all of it, and unapologetically. Just awful.

The family of the competitor should sue for an obscene amount of money and I hope they get every cent.

Sorry, but these olympics are irreperably ruined.
they will def sue for a wrongful death on the IOC's negligence

I still can't believe they showed  the video over and over again and then in slow motion. ridiculous. they must be REALLY hurting for ratings.

doubt if I'll even watch the olympics now.

wow..i just checked google..they need to change that asap

i heard about it this afternoon...WAY too crazy. doesnt matter where he was from, im sure all people in every country lends their hearts to the family. he trained all his life for this and it was taken away as soon as he was about to do something he could never imagined. At the very least he died doing something that i presume he loved and that was his life.

RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I still can't believe they showed  the video over and over again and then in slow motion. ridiculous. they must be REALLY hurting for ratings.

doubt if I'll even watch the olympics now.

That means you weren't gonna watch it anyways. Did people stop watching the NFL when Korey Stringer died? 

Back
Top Bottom