R.I.P Trayvon

Let's posit that all of the above is unequivocally true.

And what then?

Did Black Americans lot improve after the assault on Rodney King? Amadou Diallo? etc, etc.
I would bet that Black Americans lot did not improve overall. In fact, it may be worse now than 25 years ago on a relative scale.

Is the point to lament incidents or to produce tangible, long lasting results?

I'm Jewish. If Jews spent time lamenting every anti Jewish incident where would we be? Instead, Jews concentrate their efforts to improve things on a longer timeline. Their efforts may not be visible but they produce results.  It might make people feel better to protest in the streets but the results come from grinding out work behind the scenes.

:smh: :x

jews tho
laugh.gif
Yeh man. Jews just skated by throughout history.

Jews own everything right? We're like rulers of the world.

Last edited:
If a black person is telling a white person how the white community feels and thinks, yes that's invalid, IMO. How can you KNOW if you don't live it? And there's a huge difference between having an opinion (which may or may not be true) and stating your opinion as fact (which you did). You told us what this IS about, not what it MAY be about. There's a difference.

Again, stop acting like you have special insight into the mindset of the black community if you don't live it. I can assure you that many well-to-do black people are up in arms about this, too.

In the end it is just another example of:

1. How black men can't walk around their own community without being accused of being a criminal.

2. How local police departments try to cover up the murder of black men. (Rachel Jeantal wasn't called by the cops for a reason)

3. How a person can continue to walk the streets for 40 days after killing an unarmed black man.

Fixed for you.

And what then?

Did Black Americans lot improve after the assault on Rodney King? Amadou Diallo? etc, etc.
I would bet that Black Americans lot did not improve overall. In fact, it may be worse now than 25 years ago on a relative scale.

I'm Jewish. If Jews spent time lamenting every anti Jewish incident where would we be? Instead, Jews concentrate their efforts to improve things on a longer timeline. Their efforts may not be visible but they produce results.  It might make people feel better to protest in the streets but the results come from grinding out work behind the scenes.

Wait what?!? Ever heard of Zionism? Look at Israel and tell me Jewish people don't get up in arms about issues effecting them. But I'm sure you already know how Israel treats foreign immigrants, specifically African ones and put them into detention camps...funny how that works huh? But that must be okay though.

There have been so many effective protests and demonstrations throughout history that your comments make no sense. I guess the civil rights movement and making public stances against institutional racism that still exists to this day weren't really necessary right? Since all the important work goes on behind the scenes. This is off topic but for someone who 1) isn't a member of the group that has had decades of incidents being treated unfairly by police tries to dictate how and when people should or rationalize when they can be outraged is ridiculous. I've said it before and ill say it again just because people are up in arms about one issue doesn't mean they aren't up in arms about others, this IS NOT a binary thing. If you can't grasp that then I don't know what to tell you.

So everybody at my job saying George was right, saying tm was black, high, snooping around windows, and that he hit George first... How do they know he hit who first, these racist people said look at who face was messed up more and look how big he was. Saying he was a big kid.... That's racist, and also one guy said first I want to see if his birth certificate and see if hes really 17??? Like dude Wtf???

In the end it is just another example of:

1. How black men can't walk around their own community without being accused of being a criminal.

2. How local police departments try to cover up the murder of black men. (Rachel Jeantal wasn't called by the cops for a reason)

3. How a person can continue to walk the streets for 40 days after killing an unarmed black man.

Fixed for you.

And what then?

You're Jewish? I have a friend that is Black, Jewish, and a woman. What's your point?

The Black community sent a clear message with this case that we will not stand for these things.

The Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee was fired as a result. I bet him and other local police departments will think twice before they try to cover up another murder.

Now they are worried about rioting if the correct verdict does not come out. A clear message has been sent by the black community that they will not continue to stand for these things.

This can get ugly... If dudes on here think other nationalities didn't have a terrible past too they really need to back off the computer. Jews and the Irish have horrendous histories. But we can't talk about that though.....

You're Jewish? I have a friend that is Black, Jewish, and a woman. What's your point?

The Black community sent a clear message with this case that we will not stand for these things.

The Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee was fired as a result. I bet him and other local police departments will think twice before they try to cover up another murder.

Now they are worried about rioting if the correct verdict does not come out. A clear message has been sent by the black community that they will not continue to stand for these things.

What does rioting accomplish though? NOTHING. just more black men in prison and white people still saying .. "I told ya so.."

This can get ugly... If dudes on here think other nationalities didn't have a terrible past too they really need to back off the computer. Jews and the Irish have horrendous histories. But we can't talk about that though.....

What is wrong with y'all?!?!? Nobody is saying Jewish people haven't been horribly discriminated against or denying the holocaust. Seriously, what benefit is there to try and compare atrocities and injustices, can you name ONE tangible positive outcome?!

That's like having someone tell you they have cancer after living their whole life with sickle cell disease; then your next response being " oh well I'm a double amputee and I'm HIV positive, but I guess I can't talk about that though since you're suffering from something."

There isn't a discrimination Olympics where you can try and out do another people. There's privilege whether y'all want to recognize it or not it exists. There's privilege due to gender, sexual orientation, and yes even race. Nobody is asking anyone I walk around with guilt and blaming them for slavery, but making these claims about "oh well my people, had this discrimination to go through so stop your complaining" is not only unproductive but it's insulting and not related to the subject at hand

I'm staying out of here until a verdict is reached though. Cuz we have gone all the way off the path

Last edited:
What is wrong with y'all?!?!? Nobody is saying Jewish people haven't been horribly discriminated against or denying the holocaust. Seriously, what benefit is there to try and compare atrocities and injustices, can you name ONE tangible positive outcome?!

That's like having someone tell you they have cancer after living their whole life with sickle cell disease; then your next response being " oh well I'm a double amputee and I'm HIV positive, but I guess I can't talk about that though since you're suffering from something."

There isn't a discrimination Olympics where you can try and out do another people. There's privilege whether y'all want to recognize it or not it exists. There's privilege due to gender, sexual orientation, and yes even race. Nobody is asking anyone I walk around with guilt and blaming them for slavery, but making these claims about "oh well my people, had this discrimination to go through so stop your complaining" is not only unproductive but it's insulting and not related to the subject at hand

I'm staying out of here until a verdict is reached though. Cuz we have gone all the way off the path

His point was the Jewish people and in my case the Irish people decided to plow through their injustices and continue to grow and work and grow and work. There's a lot of people in the black community that haven't grasped this yet. Don't get your panties in a bunch I'm not saying EVERYONE or anything.

Dr. Drew had a good point last night. "If you continue to have negative feelings about what may happen, the negative outcome is always gonna happen." Something along those lines.

^ on point

EDIT: to add to that black people cant have anything not even justified outrage

EDIT2: Jews and Irish have no place in this discussion thx

Last edited:

His point was the Jewish people and in my case the Irish people decided to plow through their injustices and continue to grow and work and grow and work. There's a lot of people in the black community that haven't grasped this yet. Don't get your panties in a bunch I'm not saying EVERYONE or anything.

Dr. Drew had a good point last night. "If you continue to have negative feelings about what may happen, the negative outcome is always gonna happen." Something along those lines.

Soooooo black people haven't?! I know of PLENTY of Jewish people and poor Irish people who live in low income housing and can't even afford a lot of basic essentials just like there's black people in the same predicament. To totally misconstrue this and make it seem like your people have some how risen up and overcome while others haven't is ridiculous. But it's only a black problem, gotcha.

Lemme ask you this, do you think people are proud to be on government assistance and having to scrape by in their lives to put food on the table? "Don't get your panties in a bunch though" :lol: right. Way to generalize a whole race of people though. I guess being forcefully brought here and enslaved for hundreds of years, denied being considered a whole human being, not having the right to vote, separate but equal, and plenty of other things that have happened and still occur and having to fight to get seats on a bus really show that black people haven't grasped this concept of battling and working through to create social reform and get basic rights as people. Nah we just LOVE being profiled by police and questioned about whether we belong and laughed at and not taken seriously when people assume we can't have a college education in difficult fields, I know I do personally just can't get enough of it. How about the rest of you guys? Y'all enjoy being followed, having to prove you own stuff, being pulled over by aggressive, racist police for driving a nice car? I just can't wait for the next time I get profiled and judged for the color of my skin when I have never so much as stolen a candy bar.

Seriously do some of y'all read what you write before hitting submit?

laugh.gif
now us blacks are being insulted for not "getting over it" and our current situation is "our fault" because things happened so long ago...

Does Dr.Drew tell rape victims to just "get over it"?  Does he tell trauma victims to just "get over it"?  The past matters and if you really think black people discussing/revisiting the past = holding themselves back I'm willing to bet you don't know any black people on a personal level.

I don't care to get involved with attempting to articulate either story.

Bottom line? Americans don't respect each other or life anymore. It's a shame that we act as if this isn't a daily routine and a one time incident. They're both guilty of not respecting or valuing life...the end result is pure chance. It wasn't planned out by either. This should be a lesson in civility. I don't care about age.

We hate people every day and justify the spiteful attitudes and actions we maintain towards each other with bs like "who started it?" and ridiculous blanket statements about social etiquette.

Then we want to let the media get us all worked up over who's right/wrong? We're all wrong. We're all to blame.

arent laws in place to uphold moral stautes or norms? something cant be legal but immoral or illegal and moral because laws are designed so that immorality is illegal

Soooooo black people haven't?! I know of PLENTY of Jewish people and poor Irish people who live in low income housing and can't even afford a lot of basic essentials just like there's black people in the same predicament. To totally misconstrue this and make it seem like your people have some how risen up and overcome while others haven't is ridiculous. But it's only a black problem, gotcha.

Lemme ask you this, do you think people are proud to be on government assistance and having to scrape by in their lives to put food on the table? "Don't get your panties in a bunch though" :lol: right. Way to generalize a whole race of people though. I guess being forcefully brought here and enslaved for hundreds of years, denied being considered a whole human being, not having the right to vote, separate but equal, and plenty of other things that have happened and still occur and having to fight to get seats on a bus really show that black people haven't grasped this concept of battling and working through to create social reform and get basic rights as people. Nah we just LOVE being profiled by police and questioned about whether we belong and laughed at and not taken seriously when people assume we can't have a college education in difficult fields, I know I do personally just can't get enough of it. How about the rest of you guys? Y'all enjoy being followed, having to prove you own stuff, being pulled over by aggressive, racist police for driving a nice car? I just can't wait for the next time I get profiled and judged for the color of my skin when I have never so much as stolen a candy bar.

Seriously do some of y'all read what you write before hitting submit?

Last I checked Jews were slaughtered because of their nationality. Slaughtered.

The Irish were starving. Came to this country and were treated less than slaves. 10,000 irish died of disease. Fact.step your history up.

And yes, a LOT of people on welfare in this country are deep down proud their on welfare cause "they're getting over." Don't say its not happening cause I see it everyday. We've had this discussion on this board before and several social workers commented on how ridiculous it is.

and I'll go back to one of my regular points. Those injustices didn't happen to YOU. maybe your grand parents but not YOU. everyone is profiled so don't give me that crap.

Last edited:
Didnt Jews get reparations?
Holocaust victims, but nonetheless they were able to make the transition easier due to them being entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors among others as well as adopting Anglo-Saxon names.
and I'll go back to one of my regular points. Those injustices didn't happen to YOU. maybe your grand parents but not YOU. everyone is profiled so don't give me that crap.
Government policy and legislation allows those injustices to continue today in the form of inadequate public schools, policing of our communities and jail/prison terms thrown around. Everyone isn't profiled. Look at the NYPDs stop and frisk for example. Ask people of gentrified neighborhoods who are treated like second class citizens all in the attempt to protect the incoming capital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom