racism issues with Xbox live

It seems like EVERY night, someone gets mad and starts in with the "N word".
It has been going on for 100+ days, and EVERY night there is someone who just has too.
So my question to yall is...... Why is racism still such a big issue amongst young people???
In their mind it is the ultimate insult. I always had race issues, (from aruba, and my family is half black/half white) but where do you draw the line???

It has been going on for 100+ days, and EVERY night there is someone who just has too.
So my question to yall is...... Why is racism still such a big issue amongst young people???
In their mind it is the ultimate insult. I always had race issues, (from aruba, and my family is half black/half white) but where do you draw the line???

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

How about the last 5 years
I just laugh at it or ignore it, they're just mad that i wooped on em.

It all stems from this shroud of anonymity that online gaming gives people. I don't even think it's that these kids are racist, they are just trolls who want to get under as many peoples' skins is as little amount of time as possible, so they go for racist slurs.

It does reveal that, racist or not, there is a large percentage of the population that is scum.

Don't let it get to you or waste time caring about these people.

It all stems from this shroud of anonymity that online gaming gives people. I don't even think it's that these kids are racist, they are just trolls who want to get under as many peoples' skins is as little amount of time as possible, so they go for racist slurs.

It does reveal that, racist or not, there is a large percentage of the population that is scum.

Don't let it get to you or waste time caring about these people.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

How about the last 5 years
I just laugh at it or ignore it, they're just mad that i wooped on em.

Originally Posted by TylerTrent

between the young people, i think they see racism as more of a joking matter
I don't really think that they think it's a joking matter. I think they're trying to be tough, especially on XBL and they're trying to hurt your feelings. You know that none of the little kiddies using the N word would EVER say it to your face. They feel comfortable saying whatever it is that they want or feel on XBL. 
It's just sad that anyone would feel comfortable enough to use the N word in such a hurtful way. 

I don't really think that they think it's a joking matter. I think they're trying to be tough, especially on XBL and they're trying to hurt your feelings. You know that none of the little kiddies using the N word would EVER say it to your face. They feel comfortable saying whatever it is that they want or feel on XBL. 
It's just sad that anyone would feel comfortable enough to use the N word in such a hurtful way. 

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

This

Ignorance and the perceived anonymity on the internet are whats making them so willing to do it online.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

This

Ignorance and the perceived anonymity on the internet are whats making them so willing to do it online.

They're trying to piss you off. Kind of like facebook thugs. It doesn't bother me though cause you know they won't say it to you if yall bumped into each other in the street.

They're trying to piss you off. Kind of like facebook thugs. It doesn't bother me though cause you know they won't say it to you if yall bumped into each other in the street.

hey're trying to piss you off. Kind of like facebook thugs

and niketalk trolls
twitter tough guys
xbox live bullies

it's all the same thing.

I don't let words like that phase me but hey the party/mute feature is a beautiful thing.

and niketalk trolls
twitter tough guys
xbox live bullies

it's all the same thing.

I don't let words like that phase me but hey the party/mute feature is a beautiful thing.

I just report anyone that says it.

It is just funny that people throw the word around in COD Lobbies before they even know if the word applies to anyone in the room. LOL

I just report anyone that says it.

It is just funny that people throw the word around in COD Lobbies before they even know if the word applies to anyone in the room. LOL

Originally Posted by xblaze23

and niketalk trolls
twitter tough guys
xbox live bullies

it's all the same thing.

anonymity got these kids going nuts.. 
just brush it off.. report them if you have to..  

Back
Top Bottom