racism on sportsnation? vol. reaching?

I see three people on this panel...at least it's late night.
some average sized black woman, a white woman in the middle, and a black man with glasses dressed preppy.

Now watching this show fairly impaired...I am seeing that the woman is acting "stereotypical" in a sense that she is defending every black athlete's actions, while the "nerdy" black man is debating against his actions. My opinion really doesn't matter..what I am worried about is, does the network play a factor in the personalities of this show? It honestly seems very forced and stereotypical. No disrespect at all BTW.

Can we discuss this show from a marketing perspective? Does ESPN purposely do this?

Shut up

Michael Smith is that dude. Coolest cat that works for ESPN and also Bomoni.

Nope, they're idiots regardless of the color of their skin.

They're their to show they know some basic knowledge of sports, and more importantly to entertain the masses.

@ Put Em Up: You shut up.

Michael Smith is very opinionated, granted that's what the show asks for, but only because the program allows him to be. He will never be on Jonathan Coachman's status.

My question still isn't addressed....is this the type of behavior that the network asks for? or is this the natural behavior of the newscasters extending their honest opinion?

I am pretty sure they have a hand (as to how much in either direction) in shaping their personalities. So I don't think what you are saying is that far off. I am sure ESPN initially pushed SAS and SKip Bayless to act the way they act. Not saying that those dudes didn't already like it but I am sure they get a little buzz in their ear about keeping the show up.
The same way ESPN probably told Stuart Scott to keep up the corny black man personality. Probably not as much now but in his early days I am sure they told him to use "Black Catch Phrases" so we can get more black interest.

ESPN's producers absolutely tell them to juice it up, but calling it racism is where I call it a reach.

It's a loud black man and a loud white man when SAS and Skip are on.
laugh.gif

majik214 wrote:
I see three people on this panel...at least it's late night.
some average sized black woman, a white woman in the middle, and a black man with glasses dressed preppy.

Now watching this show fairly impaired...I am seeing that the woman is acting "stereotypical" in a sense that she is defending every black athlete's actions, while the "nerdy" black man is debating against his actions. My opinion really doesn't matter..what I am worried about is, does the network play a factor in the personalities of this show? It honestly seems very forced and stereotypical. No disrespect at all BTW.

Can we discuss this show from a marketing perspective? Does ESPN purposely do this?

i will say this when they were discussing the most hated/villains athletes mike did bring up how all of the athletes were black... and brought up how suy is hated and still talked about for what he did yet barely a mention of love who did the same thing... and how the hate for lbj decision got sooooooo much flack yet it was brushed under the rug when farve did the same thing... more then once. or the barry bond vs cal ripkin etc... And the white lady was quick to ignore this and jumped to another topic quick fast and in a hurry.

kinda reminded me when ironically enough its b.h.m, some one talks about racism/slavery etc... and a white person says oh that was ages ago... then a black person bring up current events of prejudice acts and racism they get quiet and try to jump to another topic or use the ever so popular well our president is black as if a black president transcends to all ppl views and opinions and it somehow ends racism/prejudice

I cant stand Jemele Hill she sucks
sick.gif

Gonna have to co-sign whoever said bomani jones
pimp.gif

Thats my dude

Good points in here already said.

Racism headlines and discussion sell for ESPN and national media. Nothing involving topics, discussion, and panelists' fake roles would shock me in the slightest anymore.

I think SAS and Skip are good tv..Pure Comedy if you ask me but if they had Bomani on more programs instead of ^&*k *%$ Rob Parker I think it would be better
Bomani Jones FTW

^
Bomai has one of the most annoying voices on tv.  Maybe if they dubbed him it would be better.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

ESPN's producers absolutely tell them to juice it up, but calling it racism is where I call it a reach.

It's a loud black man and a loud white man when SAS and Skip are on.
laugh.gif
Calling it racism just shows a lack of understanding of the words meaning.

But yes ESPN obviously has its various agendas.

I swear, some NT members just sit at home flipping channels, trying to find anything they can perceive as racism, then run in here and make a post about to see if they can get someone to agree with them.

OP stop reaching
1325704339_old_man_slaps_bear.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Bomai has one of the most annoying voices on tv.  Maybe if they dubbed him it would be better.
cosign. dude is corny.

Back
Top Bottom