Racism You've Dealt With

I'm P.R. and I hate when people try and talk to me or ask me something in spanish. Assuming I'm an E.S.L. student.
eyes.gif

Chillin with my dudes one night on the block. Cops stopped and harassed us for a good 30 minutes.

Chillin one night smokin a cigarette, cops stopped an harassed me for 15 minutes.

Walking into my boy's apartment complex, cops stopped me and harassed for about 45 minutes and took my picture. I asked why, and they said I "fit the description", which happened to be jeans and white t-shirt.

Driving home from the bowling alley with my dudes, cops pulled us over because of a report there was heroin in the car. Made us get out an sit on a curb for a good hour while they tore %%@% up and let the drug dogs smell our %%@%.

I filed complaints against the cops in the last two situations. Nothing ever came from it based on what I know.

Chillin with my dudes one night on the block. Cops stopped and harassed us for a good 30 minutes.

Chillin one night smokin a cigarette, cops stopped an harassed me for 15 minutes.

Walking into my boy's apartment complex, cops stopped me and harassed for about 45 minutes and took my picture. I asked why, and they said I "fit the description", which happened to be jeans and white t-shirt.

Driving home from the bowling alley with my dudes, cops pulled us over because of a report there was heroin in the car. Made us get out an sit on a curb for a good hour while they tore %%@% up and let the drug dogs smell our %%@%.

I filed complaints against the cops in the last two situations. Nothing ever came from it based on what I know.

I still remember getting called the n word in third grade,moms broke it down to me  about racism after that 
tired.gif

I still remember getting called the n word in third grade,moms broke it down to me  about racism after that 
tired.gif

Senior year some kid was salty I was able to talk to this white girl he was Jonesing for ... He then decided to call me a N****** in the hallway during passing and I broke his nose ... I got 1 day suspension and had it erased from my record because my mom threatened that if the school suspended me for the entire week, she would get my aunt who worked for ABC news involved that a black kid was suspended for fighting back when he was called a racial slur in a predominately white school (Greenwich CT holla!)

Had to go to court … Case was dismissed … Everyone thought I was cool because I snuffed the lame douche bag of our grade

Senior year some kid was salty I was able to talk to this white girl he was Jonesing for ... He then decided to call me a N****** in the hallway during passing and I broke his nose ... I got 1 day suspension and had it erased from my record because my mom threatened that if the school suspended me for the entire week, she would get my aunt who worked for ABC news involved that a black kid was suspended for fighting back when he was called a racial slur in a predominately white school (Greenwich CT holla!)

Had to go to court … Case was dismissed … Everyone thought I was cool because I snuffed the lame douche bag of our grade

Back in high school these two white kids were walking behind me and one said wasup n!gger. Its crazy cause I used to be good friends with the kid back in middle school. I was to shy back then but looking back on it I should have took off on him right there.

Back in high school these two white kids were walking behind me and one said wasup n!gger. Its crazy cause I used to be good friends with the kid back in middle school. I was to shy back then but looking back on it I should have took off on him right there.

back in middle school, a white kid and i got into a disagreement over something that i can't even remember. he walked to the other side of the hall and screamed, "AT LEAST I AIN'T NO N_GGER!" and ran.

back in middle school, a white kid and i got into a disagreement over something that i can't even remember. he walked to the other side of the hall and screamed, "AT LEAST I AIN'T NO N_GGER!" and ran.

It is so obvious that many of you do not know what suffering from racism, then understanding what being a racist actually is.

Do men suffer from sexism? No, it isn't possible.

That said, White people cannot directly suffer from racism, but can be affected by racism. There is a difference.

Some of the racism I've dealt with? As a kid, being told that I cannot get my hair cut at a certain white barbershop in North Carolina.

"We won't cut your kind of hair."

I go to the black barbershop, and in the chair right next to me is a black barber cutting a white mans hair.

Being called told, "boy you'd better move on," by a white cop in Mississippi, when I was holding a conversation in front of a motel with a white co worker. Apparently, he thought that I was trying to get laid.

Anytime while in a department store in NYC, most notably Saks or Bergdorf, someone will come to me then ask if I can help them. I usually point to the undercover store cop following me around, then suggest to the customer to ask him. 

Those who consider themselves Non Black, and then white people don't realize how racism has painted their perception of Black people. You believe the stereotypical description of how Black people are supposed to be, and what we may like, as if we are monolithic. This is the insult that will fly above most heads. 

Not all of us listen to Hip Hop.
Not all of us are African American, as what the news will suggest if a crime is committed by someone black, forgetting that we are indeed all different nationalities and ethnicity's, within our own shared skin tone. 
We are not all gifted athletes, then lacking intellectual dexterity and intestinal fortitude.

I personally don't understand how White people in America got to own the hard worker moniker, when enslaved Africans in America had to work for free, from sun up till sun down, for more than four hundred years.

Funny thing is, I am still waiting for Steve Nash to get the same scrutiny while getting divorced, that Tony Parker is.

Just another cheating Black athlete, right Eva?

It is so obvious that many of you do not know what suffering from racism, then understanding what being a racist actually is.

Do men suffer from sexism? No, it isn't possible.

That said, White people cannot directly suffer from racism, but can be affected by racism. There is a difference.

Some of the racism I've dealt with? As a kid, being told that I cannot get my hair cut at a certain white barbershop in North Carolina.

"We won't cut your kind of hair."

I go to the black barbershop, and in the chair right next to me is a black barber cutting a white mans hair.

Being called told, "boy you'd better move on," by a white cop in Mississippi, when I was holding a conversation in front of a motel with a white co worker. Apparently, he thought that I was trying to get laid.

Anytime while in a department store in NYC, most notably Saks or Bergdorf, someone will come to me then ask if I can help them. I usually point to the undercover store cop following me around, then suggest to the customer to ask him. 

Those who consider themselves Non Black, and then white people don't realize how racism has painted their perception of Black people. You believe the stereotypical description of how Black people are supposed to be, and what we may like, as if we are monolithic. This is the insult that will fly above most heads. 

Not all of us listen to Hip Hop.
Not all of us are African American, as what the news will suggest if a crime is committed by someone black, forgetting that we are indeed all different nationalities and ethnicity's, within our own shared skin tone. 
We are not all gifted athletes, then lacking intellectual dexterity and intestinal fortitude.

I personally don't understand how White people in America got to own the hard worker moniker, when enslaved Africans in America had to work for free, from sun up till sun down, for more than four hundred years.

Funny thing is, I am still waiting for Steve Nash to get the same scrutiny while getting divorced, that Tony Parker is.

Just another cheating Black athlete, right Eva?

I am a Nigerian immigrant, so I stayed getting asked if I rode lions or was the prince of Africa.

This isn't racism, this is funny.
laugh.gif
 I would've asked that to anyone who said they were from Nigeria, regardless of skin color.

But I was riding my bike last year around the neighborhood in a beater and some camos and I got stopped by a cop...asking me all sorts of questions "Where do I hang out?" Like wth kinda' question is that? He said I fit the description of someone who robbed a bank in the area...Like I could somehow stash all the loot in my camo cargos and I would just ride casually through my neighborhood
indifferent.gif
. He asked for my race and I said "Italian"...cop proceeded to try and tell me "Okay, so white..." I dropped the knowledge on him and he tried to tell me he was Italian, too...and considered himself white...this guy was like, 5'8, with freckles and bright red hair, had me like
grin.gif
...Took my social down and when that came back clear he let me go.

Whata' herb.

I am a Nigerian immigrant, so I stayed getting asked if I rode lions or was the prince of Africa.

This isn't racism, this is funny.
laugh.gif
 I would've asked that to anyone who said they were from Nigeria, regardless of skin color.

But I was riding my bike last year around the neighborhood in a beater and some camos and I got stopped by a cop...asking me all sorts of questions "Where do I hang out?" Like wth kinda' question is that? He said I fit the description of someone who robbed a bank in the area...Like I could somehow stash all the loot in my camo cargos and I would just ride casually through my neighborhood
indifferent.gif
. He asked for my race and I said "Italian"...cop proceeded to try and tell me "Okay, so white..." I dropped the knowledge on him and he tried to tell me he was Italian, too...and considered himself white...this guy was like, 5'8, with freckles and bright red hair, had me like
grin.gif
...Took my social down and when that came back clear he let me go.

Whata' herb.

I've gotten it both in and out of US. I'm Korean immigrant. Been in US little over decade now.

While I was studying abroad in Italy, I visited Naples (great city BTW) and there were couple occasion where high school kids were yelling 'chino! chino!' at me and made a monkey sound, yes, that happened.  

White people confuse me for other Asian race doesn't bother me as much as anymore but I had miniscule things happened to me from an old lady following me and my mom constantly at the mall just to catch if we still $!++. I went through high school right after Columbine happened so lot of schools (even in suburbs) were doing pat-downs or bag searches. I remember superintendents would pass couple kids front of me because they are their neighbors or some other popular kids but a dude in a baggy clothes and discman (yes, discman) always get searched for another extra minute or two - that would be me -. It bothered me at first but knowing that I'm innocent and I do not intent to hurt or threaten anyone, I find it just slightly easier to let it slide. That's just small things. Name callings and stereotypes are petty.

Racism sucks but imo, xenophobia within your own race hurts more. I've gotten that so much from other Koreans who came to America earlier than our family, it still infuriates me that my own race can hate on each other.

I've gotten it both in and out of US. I'm Korean immigrant. Been in US little over decade now.

While I was studying abroad in Italy, I visited Naples (great city BTW) and there were couple occasion where high school kids were yelling 'chino! chino!' at me and made a monkey sound, yes, that happened.  

White people confuse me for other Asian race doesn't bother me as much as anymore but I had miniscule things happened to me from an old lady following me and my mom constantly at the mall just to catch if we still $!++. I went through high school right after Columbine happened so lot of schools (even in suburbs) were doing pat-downs or bag searches. I remember superintendents would pass couple kids front of me because they are their neighbors or some other popular kids but a dude in a baggy clothes and discman (yes, discman) always get searched for another extra minute or two - that would be me -. It bothered me at first but knowing that I'm innocent and I do not intent to hurt or threaten anyone, I find it just slightly easier to let it slide. That's just small things. Name callings and stereotypes are petty.

Racism sucks but imo, xenophobia within your own race hurts more. I've gotten that so much from other Koreans who came to America earlier than our family, it still infuriates me that my own race can hate on each other.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I was walking to class one Saturday, and there just happened to be a Asian lady walking behind me. She looked to be in her 40s or so. I pay her no mind but I noticed she began to speed up and walk to the other side of the street. I'm like
laugh.gif
so I speed up just to piss her off. This lady clutches her purse hard as hell and takes off FULL SPEED
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mind you, i'm a 19 year old light skinned black dude. I do NOT look like someone that would rob someone at ALL.
laugh.gif
Oh, so any dark skinned black dude looks like someone who would rob someone?

I give you a pass for your ignorance, you're only 19.  But you basically did the same exact thing that Asian woman did, brah.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I was walking to class one Saturday, and there just happened to be a Asian lady walking behind me. She looked to be in her 40s or so. I pay her no mind but I noticed she began to speed up and walk to the other side of the street. I'm like
laugh.gif
so I speed up just to piss her off. This lady clutches her purse hard as hell and takes off FULL SPEED
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mind you, i'm a 19 year old light skinned black dude. I do NOT look like someone that would rob someone at ALL.
laugh.gif
Oh, so any dark skinned black dude looks like someone who would rob someone?

I give you a pass for your ignorance, you're only 19.  But you basically did the same exact thing that Asian woman did, brah.

I was in a parked beater with two of my boys and a undercover d's van cuts in front of us and parks. They hop out, tell us to get out, get to searching and long story short don't find anything.

Before they let us go, they ask my boy (the driver), "what are you doing driving this type of car?" (joint was beeeeaaat up) He replied "I'm just a broke college student" The detective replied "No. Only a N&^%R drives this type of car"

All three d's and my boys were white, but we were shocked that came out of his mouth considering I've seen probably just as many black undercover cops and narcs as white. These dudes are SCUM.

I was in a parked beater with two of my boys and a undercover d's van cuts in front of us and parks. They hop out, tell us to get out, get to searching and long story short don't find anything.

Before they let us go, they ask my boy (the driver), "what are you doing driving this type of car?" (joint was beeeeaaat up) He replied "I'm just a broke college student" The detective replied "No. Only a N&^%R drives this type of car"

All three d's and my boys were white, but we were shocked that came out of his mouth considering I've seen probably just as many black undercover cops and narcs as white. These dudes are SCUM.

Back
Top Bottom