Raising Awareness of Misandry

Raising Awareness of Misandry
http://www.aleksandreia.com/2012/03/24/raising-awareness-of-misandry/
Mar 24th, 2012 by DADvocate

Watching TV, do you ever notice how many negative images of men flashed before your eyes? How many negative images do you see in 10 minutes of TV?

I was watching the show House Hunters last night on HGTV and noticed that, even with such a neutral show, in the space of ten minutes I saw two commercials that were abusive to men. In one commercial, a woman was angry at a man at work and dumped a cup of coffee on him. In another, a man was in the grocery store aisle anxiously trying to decide whether his wife (or girlfriend) wanted the sweetener Stevia or real sugar. He was terrified that if he bought her sugar, she would be angry as she was off sugar that week, but he was also afraid that she would get mad if he bought her artificial sugar as she would think he thought she was fat.

Another commercial showed a woman powerfully riding around on a lawn mower. I wish I could just peacefully watch a show without the constant message that says men are wimps, perverts, idiots, or must live in constant fear of women and the simultaneous message that women are powerful. They climb big rocks while their boyfriend looks at them with admiration. Have you seen that Citi commercial? These commercials may seem cute to some but they are destructive when they treat men as accessories to women rather than as human beings. Why not treat both sexes as worthy of some dignity?

Do you ever notice that ads portraying women negatively get yanked, “Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.

roll.gif

I mean... I see it... but to be honest... we had it coming after years of misogyny.

I'm sure most (if not all) dudes on this site have made a kitchen joke... or at least laugh at one. Who are we to suddenly get offended when we see the other side of the spectrum on TV? Women have been dealing with it for centuries. Let them get some laughs.

It's all about money, TV shows and commercials are geared towards women because that's who spends all the money. Women want to view themselves as greater than men, which is why shows and advertising that depicts a smart woman dealing with idiot man are usually successful.

Not to play females but if they commit a crime such as dating a minor, when they are 35 it would go under the radar. But if the opposite sexs was to commit the same crime. The nation would want to crucify him and publicizie it for yrs....

I see what you guys are saying that its not that big of a deal to us men.  But it may (consciously or subconsciously) effect kids.  In the age of the simp (see most popular artist out Drake...no shots i like dudes music) it seems that we are building this society of less then macho men.

I don't know if it is a bad thing or a good thing.  Men may need to be more open minded and rational and less overbearing toward women.  Or maybe this will lead to the "sissy-fying" of men to come. 

*turns on old spice commercial's while benching and eating raw meat* 

Back
Top Bottom