Ralph Lauren struggling?

the new generation is not wearing ralph lauren anymore. Ralph Lauren's time is slowly coming to an end.

i have no interest in the brand at all...........after RUGBY left i left

i realize Lo heads are a real movement though, but that isn't enough maybe

Last edited:
it's unreal how obessed i was with this brand around 8 years ago compared to how i have literally no interest in it now. If i'm in the outlets, I'm checking for banana republic/nike and that's about it.

I always felt like trick daddy was instrumental with RL's boost in popularity in the Early 2000's with the brand name drops.

Smh gotta subscribe to read the story on that link.

I keep my lil boy draped in polo when i can. Luckily for his size its not as expensive.

Its still polo **** that hilfiger tho

tumblr_lspldrRwNd1qkxkufo1_400.gif

i have no interest in the brand at all...........after RUGBY left i left

i realize Lo heads are a real movement though, but that isn't enough maybe

Yes....Rugby's demise hurt.

RRL still here :smokin.

it's unreal how obessed i was with this brand around 8 years ago compared to how i have literally no interest in it now. If i'm in the outlets, I'm checking for banana republic/nike and that's about it.

I always felt like trick daddy was instrumental with RL's boost in popularity in the Early 2000's with the brand name drops.

yea man crazy........

HEATHEN HEATHEN

i never got into RRL because of the price, but i heard its good stuff just too rich for my blood

Last edited:
Word most of my recent pieces are rugby. Very dope line.

Its interesting though do they go for the exclusivity of the high end lines like Chanel or Givenchy or do they lowers prices entirely and go for the buck.
RL back in my young days was about exclusivity and the appeal of having dope expensive street wear.

Now I don't know what it's direction is.

Anything to do with him stepping down as CEO last year? Personal fortune of almost 6 billion he will be ok I think.

Word most of my recent pieces are rugby. Very dope line.

Its interesting though do they go for the exclusivity of the high end lines like Chanel or Givenchy or do they lowers prices entirely and go for the buck.
RL back in my young days was about exclusivity and the appeal of having dope expensive street wear.

Now I don't know what it's direction is.
official celebrity collabs perhaps?

might not be what the purist would want, but the masses will

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I think I have maybe one polo dress shirt but that's it. I stopped wearing polo cause of their sizing, for me an L is too big and an M is too tight lol

If I see something cool in the outlets id cop tho....some of their stuff is pretty dope.

the only things that touch my body is lo and jcrew. Kinda wished I didn't have so many lo pieces with the pony on it tho. People always commenting on me wearing it.

Last edited:
Saw this coming for a while. Idk if it's the new CEO from old navy & hm or what but the brand just hasn't been itself for some time now. The quality has def taken a big hit & the amount of dope pieces just isn't there anymore. Ultimately I think the brand will prevail but idk if they have the right dude at the helm tbh

Saw this coming for a while. Idk if it's the new CEO from old navy & hm or what but the brand just hasn't been itself for some time now. The quality has def taken a big hit & the amount of dope pieces just isn't there anymore. Ultimately I think the brand will prevail but idk if they have the right dude at the helm tbh

Well this explains everything...I didn't know this.

Well this explains everything...I didn't know this.

h&m (and old navy?) are thriving though so that can't be it.

Fast fashion and unwillingness to adapt is the problem. There is something to be said about keeping with tradition and staying with what you were known for but if they do not adapt and change then it'll be their downfall.

Rugby was one of their nicely fitted/slim affordable options and the label they could have used to compete with JCrew and GAP and Old Navy but they killed that division. RRL was nice but was too pricey and they were stingy with the stock (very difficult to find and try on in a brick and mortar) and discounts (back then). Those RRL jeans could have competed with the best of them especially during the huge selvedge denim craze a few years back but they tried to stick to their guns and just do their own things and stayed with mostly traditional sizing (when most were looking for slim to skinny). I was highly interested in RRL jeans back then but they were just close to impossible to find so I never got to own a pair or even try on one.

They need the new generations to get into the brand and without any lines that appeal to the new buyers then they will only continue to lose customers.

Even their more accessible and youth oriented line Denim & Supply fits terribly big for the most part. Also got too many Americana themed clothing with the US flag and all, not everyones interested in wearing those stuff so they just sit there even on the deepest discount.

Back
Top Bottom