Random...but I don't think I've ever seen anyone on a sportbike pulled over before...

Temps were near 70 today in the DMV and as I was on 95 heading home, I seen a few dudes on their sportbikes taking advantage of the beautiful weather.  Of course, they were being reckless w. their speeds and popping wheelies, but I was just thinking...in all my time driving, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on a sportbike actually pulled over by the police.  Have you?  

Pics or it didn't happen,this thread was never made and you were never born.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
I haven't though.

Some riders will pull over... others wont.  I don't ride as much as I used to but since cops rarely catch sportbike riders they tend to go out of their way to harass the rider when they do have one pulled over (making it less likely he'll ever pull over again).

Those dudes are reckless out there, they make it dangerous as a driver and put themselves in danger. Cops should crack down on the irresponsible riders.

i've seen it a few times, but 99% of the time cops dont chase them because they know they wont catch em.. some of those idiots wont learn until their brains are scattered onto the freeway

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Those dudes are reckless out there, they make it dangerous as a driver and put themselves in danger. Cops should crack down on the irresponsible riders.

Right because all the drivers texting, eating, shaving, applying makeup, drinking, sleeping, etc., while drive aren't putting themselves and others in danger... lets just crackdown on those sportbikes riders as if they're the #1 cause of problems.

Originally Posted by voodoo

Right because all the drivers texting, eating, shaving, applying makeup, drinking, sleeping, etc., while drive aren't putting themselves and others in danger... lets just crackdown on those sportbikes riders as if they're the #1 cause of problems.
True however you see people in cars get pulled over more often than you see people on bikes. Any motorist that isnt paying attention to the road should be pulled over 

ive never seen that either.. i wonder how many riders actually have a legitimate bike license.. 
and also.. ive seen you post numerous times before but just now do i realize who the dude on your avy is..
eek.gif
 GOT DAMN Peyton makes one ugly black man..
laugh.gif

Point? He is still right.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

If road safety is your concern, police should crackdown on everything, sportbikes aren't the biggest hazard on the road. 

If road safety is your concern, police should crackdown on everything, sportbikes aren't the biggest hazard on the road. 
They carry a higher risk though, if you rear end somebody in a car they are protected by everything surrounding them. Hit somebody on a bike going 70+ and they're pretty much done for

They carry a higher risk though, if you rear end somebody in a car they are protected by everything surrounding them. Hit somebody on a bike going 70+ and they're pretty much done for
I thought your argument was police should crackdown on sportbike riders because they are endangering the people in cars.  My point was that the biggest threat to people in cars, is other people in cars.

I thought your argument was police should crackdown on sportbike riders because they are endangering the people in cars.  My point was that the biggest threat to people in cars, is other people in cars.
That is my argument, I'm not diverting away from it. It was a comparison as to why sport bike riders should be more careful and cops should crack down on them

Never. Cops know that riders can dart between tightly packed cars if they're skilled enough. They don't have a good chance, so they settle that the bikers will get what's coming to them.

During the early summer last yr I seen this plenty of times on the 270 in Montgomery county md. The highway pd is vicious out there.

Originally Posted by spiffydeezy

They should just require a drivers licensing renewal every other year.

Word.
I think drivers license and marriage license should expire and you need to renew. 2 years is too short tho. 

Originally Posted by spiffydeezy

They should just require a drivers licensing renewal every other year.

It is too easy to get a drivers license in the States, that is the a major reason why the U.S. needs such low speed limits and still has chaos on the roads. 

"you see people in cars get pulled over more often than you see people on bikes."No crap, because there's a ton more people driving cars than there are riding bikes.

Back
Top Bottom