Random Thought Vol. Birth Place

Okay, so I have question, why are people so proud of the place they grow up? Like, no matter the city they're still proud. I asked some hood dudes in my chemistry class why they're so proud of their respective hoods and they both pretty much said "you'd have to be from their to know." Personally, I hate the city I'm from (Milwaukee, WI)
ohwell.gif
.  There's no originality, few people worth having a conversation with, no real landmarks or reasons to be here. Not to mention we had second lowest math test scores in the country next to Detroit
sick.gif
. Another thought that crossed my mind was, perhaps it's a cultural thing? The only people that really do this is black people(in comparison to whites). Your thoughts?

Well, Not saying only blacks but people who grow up in lower class communities feel this way. I'm mexican grew up in a city from the Bay Area and we rep and are proud of where we live/grew up. People rep there area codes instead of towns because we have so many, idk how many Wisconsin has, Some people rep east and others rep west Oakland and how can they be proud of a city with one of the highest murder rates in the country? For instance Mexicans rep from where their parents or previous generations came from IN Mexico, which is ridiculous, mine are from Durango, I guess it's one of those wonders like "black power", "latino power"  "girl power". You have to have pride in your ethnicity because you had no choice.

this is why its crucial to travel. People tend to divide themselves over the dumbest reasons sometimes. 

this is one of those things that spawns a closed-mindset. Not saying that its bad to be "proud," but its important to differentiate between blind following/group-think and pride. 

this goes way deeper than it actually seems.  And I could talk about the influence of hip hop, pop culture on this mindset esp.on ethnic communities but i dont feel like typing rite now. 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

this is why its crucial to travel. People tend to divide themselves over the dumbest reasons sometimes. 

this is one of those things that spawns a closed-mindset. Not saying that its bad to be "proud," but its important to differentiate between blind following/group-think and pride. 

this goes way deeper than it actually seems.  And I could talk about the influence of hip hop, pop culture on this mindset esp.on ethnic communities but i dont feel like typing rite now. 
post for later.

shark city
smokin.gif

haha i hate those types of dudes out here
laugh.gif

with their cali shirts and shark city t shirts wtc. from shirtique

Sense of belonging
Just for fun
Competition
That place that raised you basically made you

Only good reasons I can think of... Im not really the type to rep to hard but I would definitely If I made it big

Back
Top Bottom