Randy Moss/Daunte Culpepper talk about reuiniting?

jpzx

Supporter
Just saw this on 30 at 30 update during the Cavs-Bulls game
eek.gif
Moss in a new Vikings uniform

(From ESPN.com) V

On Saturday night, he came up with an interesting idea. He reached out to DaunteCulpepper, his former quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings. The two former teammatesdiscussed the possibility of finishing what they started in Minnesota on any NFL team interested, sources told ESPN.com.

Though their relationship ended a little rocky when Moss left the Vikings to go to the Raiders in a trade, Moss and Culpepper stayed in touch with eachother and stayed friends. They joked that at some point they might be free agents at the same time and might have a chance to unite. As Moss spent his secondday in unrestricted free agency Saturday, he started to think about Culpepper, who also is a free agent. What they had talked about for years all of a suddenwas true.

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, Mike Sando and Pat Yasinskas are following the NFL free-agency frenzy and sharing their thoughts. Get the latest news from the always updated Hashmarks.

Don't necessarily confuse this as a package deal. It's an option for teams looking for a quarterback and a wide receiver and solving both needs atthe same time.

Maybe not MN but that would be ill if they reunitied

eek.gif
i saw this too.

no lie, my boy and i were discussing randy moss' free agent status the other day. he asked where i think he might end up. i joked and said"he'll mess around and go back to minnesota".

moss and culpepper back on minnesota =
smokin.gif

It would be nice if it happens, but I doubt it. Childress is an idiot. No way am I going to get my hopes up this time. Besides we just signed berrian for sixyears. He is now the 4th highest paid WR in the league, and he isn't even in the top 10 WR in the league. Whatever.

Watch my Vikings mess this up and be like, "Oh we'll take Randy but we don't want Daunte."

Vikings would go to instant contenders but I don't know how Culpepper would perform. He hasn't performed at the same level he did in Minnesota sincehis knee injury.

I can still dream tho

k4f6fl.jpg

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

pepper sucks now anyways so i dont no why you would want him.

He would give Tarvaris a run for his $

Culpepper is still better than Tarvaris

and they wouldn't even have to pass that much. just the fact that Moss is on the field would clear up a little space for AD. he will go for 1800+ if thishappens

don't count on it...the talk is of them reuniting I heard nothing about the Vikings

Culpepper is more than welcome to be Brady's backup.

I'll take anything to not lose Moss.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Culpepper is more than welcome to be Brady's backup.

I'll take anything to not lose Moss.
frown.gif

is boston really gonna shell out that money?

culpepper would be nothing more than a 2nd string QB if he comes back to minnesota

yes, my vikings will be solid. but anybody but culpepper. i hated watching this guy play, all he doees is fumble

On Saturday night, he came up with an interesting idea. He reached out to Daunte Culpepper, his former quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings. The two former teammates discussed the possibility of finishing what they started in Minnesota on any NFL team interested, sources told ESPN.com.

In the words of Roger Clemens, I think you guys were mis-informed. That article doesn't say anything about them going to Minnesota
laugh.gif

But what a trio we would be in for, if Moss, Culpepper and Peterson
eek.gif

Culpepper obviously isn't what he used to be, but as a backup he's solid....and sometimes maybe even a decent starter. He had a couple decent gameswith the Raiders; wasn't horrible at all, but wasn't anything great either.

Back
Top Bottom