Raptors trade JO and Moon to Heat for Matrix and Banks

Originally Posted by brrraptors

i dont know how many raptor games you JO bashers have watched this year. of course the major exposure are from the two memorable posterizations but JO has been solid when on the floor. hes an elite shot blocker and an inside presence that will make a difference right away. toronto's problem was that when JO altered/blocked a shot there was NOBODY to get to the loose ball ..ever.

JO will provide a big body down low, he takes charges rather well and i think hes exactly what the heat needed. if by chance, a BIG if, JO played 80% of the games from here on in.. the heat got a good deal. plus if it doesn't turn out to be that way, they get 20mil off the books next year. i dont see how you can say its a bad deal for the heat.

I'll definitely NOT miss moon. dude had the occassional
eek.gif
dunks but it pales in comparison to his appalling basketball IQ. with that much athleticism and hops i dont see why he stays jacking Js all dam day. hes gets a few blocks due to his pure hops/wingspan but otherwise hes a defensive liability. good riddance.

im interested in seeing how well marion meshes with this team. if he can get running up and down, playing in a style similar to in PHX (i know its not the same), then it'll be exactly who the raptors needed. its a double-edged sword since now we're back to last year's problem of not having any internal presence. its a bonus that marion comes off the books at the end of the year, it just maybe enough motivation for him to play extremely well so he can cash in.

i thought of the same thing, without a pressence downlow which has been the problem sicne day one. but in retrospect, we did better with that last years squadthen we did this year so if marion pans out to be the wing dude we needed all year long LAST YEAR, then its all goood!

its sad to the matrix go but we need the 4th seed on lock!! hopefully JO could be the guy who use to play with the pacers!!

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

its sad to the matrix go but we need the 4th seed on lock!! hopefully JO could be the guy who use to play with the pacers!!

i would rather just see him healthy and give us a double double a night

Back
Top Bottom