Rashard Lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Never understood the fuss over how much professional athletes make.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30  x0.5 (x1 x2 if your lucky) . I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.

[h1]NBA Team Valuations[/h1] 12.09.09, 06:00 PM EST
You do realize these millionaires/billionaires don't make their money from owning sports teams right?

Unless one of these players contract is preventing the team you root for from making personnel moves I don't see why you would have any issue.

Economic crisis?
laugh.gif
Lets be serious 99% of you guys wouldn't care if all the players were performing up to expectations.

settle down.

The duded posted that information because the person he quoted was talking like the owners are making crazy money compared to players when they really aren't at least when it comes to the teams themselves.

^This
 I never said anything about the team owners  making money solely on owning their perspective teams. I was giving information to someone who was led to believe that the owners were using these athletes to make  large sums of money, when in fact some of these players make more than the team owners and half of the teams LOSE money. For the most part owning a professional sports team is a wealthy man's hobby.

But you do realise  Jerry Buss' sole way of making money is running the Lakers.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Never understood the fuss over how much professional athletes make.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30  x0.5 (x1 x2 if your lucky) . I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.

[h1]NBA Team Valuations[/h1] 12.09.09, 06:00 PM EST
You do realize these millionaires/billionaires don't make their money from owning sports teams right?

Unless one of these players contract is preventing the team you root for from making personnel moves I don't see why you would have any issue.

Economic crisis?
laugh.gif
Lets be serious 99% of you guys wouldn't care if all the players were performing up to expectations.

settle down.

The duded posted that information because the person he quoted was talking like the owners are making crazy money compared to players when they really aren't at least when it comes to the teams themselves.

^This
 I never said anything about the team owners  making money solely on owning their perspective teams. I was giving information to someone who was led to believe that the owners were using these athletes to make  large sums of money, when in fact some of these players make more than the team owners and half of the teams LOSE money. For the most part owning a professional sports team is a wealthy man's hobby.

But you do realise  Jerry Buss' sole way of making money is running the Lakers.

erick dampier? damn
laugh.gif

im surprised to see baby drew on that list....oh wait i remember i was against him getting paid for being hurt

erick dampier? damn
laugh.gif

im surprised to see baby drew on that list....oh wait i remember i was against him getting paid for being hurt

Originally Posted by LDJ

Yao dominates because of his size over most centers its not because of his skillset, although he does have a decent inside game considering you average 8 or 9 inches and 90+ lbs over your competition skillset really isnt much of a factor. Same way shaq dominated inside in his beginning yrs over like ewing,robinson, etc. Was his skillset better heck no. Yao isnt a better passer. Man lol pau is far better then yao in transition because yao is maybe one of the slowest players in the league. Please dont say yao footwork is better... thats lol at best. As far as bball iq they both excell in that field.

this made me 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Yao dominates because of his size over most centers its not because of his skillset, although he does have a decent inside game considering you average 8 or 9 inches and 90+ lbs over your competition skillset really isnt much of a factor. Same way shaq dominated inside in his beginning yrs over like ewing,robinson, etc. Was his skillset better heck no. Yao isnt a better passer. Man lol pau is far better then yao in transition because yao is maybe one of the slowest players in the league. Please dont say yao footwork is better... thats lol at best. As far as bball iq they both excell in that field.

this made me 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by nitzski

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

pau> yao

FALSE. Pau's very good, but he's not better than a HEALTHY Yao. 
Yao's as good a shooter and tougher around the basket on both ends of the floor.  Plus he's bigger, so even if all else is equal Yao wins.  Pau is better in transition, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't say by much. I think it's a case of out of sight out of mind, Yao can be downright dominate when he's healthy, the numbers don't lie, he's had some amazing stretches. It's just dudes haven't seen him play in almost 2 years so the memories start to fade...

To be honest yao reminds me alot of arvydas sabonis, thats the best comparison. When healthy its obvious he is the best center, but i mean thats by default seeing the pickings are slim. But as far as the best big man if you consider pf/c nah i dont think so. At the end of the day ill take d12 when you consider all factors.

lol @ Yao's height being the reason he dominates.  If his height really makes him as good as he is, tell me why shawn bradley or manute bol never dominated?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by nitzski

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

pau> yao

FALSE. Pau's very good, but he's not better than a HEALTHY Yao. 
Yao's as good a shooter and tougher around the basket on both ends of the floor.  Plus he's bigger, so even if all else is equal Yao wins.  Pau is better in transition, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't say by much. I think it's a case of out of sight out of mind, Yao can be downright dominate when he's healthy, the numbers don't lie, he's had some amazing stretches. It's just dudes haven't seen him play in almost 2 years so the memories start to fade...

To be honest yao reminds me alot of arvydas sabonis, thats the best comparison. When healthy its obvious he is the best center, but i mean thats by default seeing the pickings are slim. But as far as the best big man if you consider pf/c nah i dont think so. At the end of the day ill take d12 when you consider all factors.

lol @ Yao's height being the reason he dominates.  If his height really makes him as good as he is, tell me why shawn bradley or manute bol never dominated?

Back
Top Bottom