Rasterbation is fun

So my fathers birtday is coming up iin about a month and I was wondering if anyone in the area has experience with rasterbating. I want to put up this picturein his bedroom.
MexicoCity.jpg

It would need to be about 6' in length and 3' in height. Would anybody be willing to do this for some extra cash? How much would you do it for? I willpay for the materials needed, I'm looking for a quality job with good paper quality and I'll pay for the foam or cardboard that is used. Looking to dothis ASAP. If you don't know how to, then ask a friend who does, I have money and am willing to pay as long as a good job is done.

Do it yourself, then your dad would appreciate it more.

Buy foam board at your local office supplies store, cut it up to the size you want it. Print out the pictures at Kinkos. Cut the pictures so there are no whiteborders. Buy double sided tape and tape each individual piece onto the cut up foam board pieces. Buy glue dots (found at any art supply store like Michaels)and stick 3-4 glue dots on the back on the foam board. Make sure you measure out the space on the wall so that it's center and level.

The hardest part for me was cutting up the foam board. Scissors will work, but it gets tiring and its not a fine cut. I believe there is another device you canuse, but I forgot what it's called. Ask a sales person at the arts store.

here's mine

9128_317080480726_540780726_9534851_2933224_n.jpg

I really would love to, but I own 2 businesses so I'm at a lack of time these days. Plus, I've never been good at gluing and cutting, so that alsoplays a small role.I'm hoping that somebody who has more time than myself and is looking to make an easy buck can help me, that's all.

Try and find "Spray Mount" its like an aresol glue, but way easier than dots or sticky tape. Just need a well ventilated area.

Using a ruler and exacto blade are easier than scissors. Cutting board woks best obviously.

Des - yours looks dope, what size are your pannels?

If you have a month just do it your self, it is easy, but very time consuming when you have to cut the foam. Use this program http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/ and print it out at kinkos on photo paper for a good quality print and to save timeuse use 3m glue spray

Originally Posted by sam206

If you have a month just do it your self, it is easy, but very time consuming when you have to cut the foam. Use this program http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/ and print it out at kinkos on photo paper for a good quality print and to save time use use 3m glue spray
I'm a fast learner, always. I can set my mind to something and do it, but honestly I think cutting is something I'll never learn. Iremember being in school and dreading cutting anything, from k to 12, I can't do it. I look over and everybody is like a professional scissor user outthere, not even looking at the paper and still cutting it perfectly straight. Like I missed that day at school, I could use a ruler and draw a perfect line,but my hand can't cut things. Even when I split the swisher the cut comes out a bit diagnally. I never made a model in my three years of architecture in hsbecause whenever I sat down and tried to cut the cardboard it'd be an insta-fail.Maybe it's because I'm left-handed IDK. I can roll blunts, makepaper cranes, and other things, but I can't cut.

But I digress, I know the websites and process. I simply don't have time to sit down and concentrate on doing this, no time.

No offense people, but I'm not asking for help on how to make a rasterbation. I know that much. What I'm basically trying to do here is buy a nicedrawing that I can give to my dad. I want it to look nice, I'm not capable of doing that and I was hoping someone on NT could help me out. Someone who cancreate a nice piece of art that I can present my dad with. I thought we were in a recession, someone could have make a quick $50 doing this.

so I just downloaded that program and ran a test copy on that pic...it came out really poorly. SUPER pixelated.
is it supposed to look that way, and look better from afar?
or am I doing something wrong? do we need a better, higher quality pic to work from?

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

so I just downloaded that program and ran a test copy on that pic...it came out really poorly. SUPER pixelated.
is it supposed to look that way, and look better from afar?
or am I doing something wrong? do we need a better, higher quality pic to work from?
Yea, as long as the final piece comes out to the size I specified (6' Lenght, 3' Height), I remember looking at the Biggie picture iprinted out up close and I couldn't tell what was what, it was only 4 pages in total too. Once I put it up it looked fine though, so I don't think youshould worry about it coming out like that. Once you put it up it'll look like it's suppose to.

That's the highest quality there is. Do you think maybe this one might be more dope?

MexicoCity.jpg

emmanuelabor What kind of paper does your shop print on? How much do you charge to print? Just comparing prices

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I personally like your 1st pic better.

when do you need this done by?
His birthday is on the 19th. Any time before that is good. If you're actually going to take on the task, I really appreciate it. BTW I likethe 1st pic the best too for this project.

Originally Posted by ronnskizzle

emmanuelabor What kind of paper does your shop print on? How much do you charge to print? Just comparing prices

different weights and finishes of Xerox paper mostly. From 20 lb recycled to 80lb gloss to 110lb index 8½x11 - 11x17
We used to have ALOT more, but since our company is trying to go green and use mostly recycled paper, it limits our options now.

as for charging, we're an in house print shop, so we dont really charge, since we dont do outside projects, but I know people here do lil personal stuffunder the radar. 20 copies here, 50 copies there...nothing real major

13saldana13- Im gonna do anotherb&w run and try to lay it out and see if it looks good enough to go ahead and do in color. Blowing it up to 4 pages is still ALOT different than 40 pages

I'll check it out and hit you back here at the end of the day

just print and cut the color pages....the finished images are 9.6"x7.1" which equals out to nearly 5'x 3.5' I think. depending on how youspace the tiles though, I think it should be fairly close to the dimensions you want. if you space them out with inche wide tape, I think it would be like 5.5feet by 4 feet?

now I just have to mount them on the foam core

so Im half way done. Got something I gotta do during lunch, so I hope to get it all done today...if not, def. tomorow! I took my camera out of my bag thismorning, so I'll take pics tomorow, and we can go from there.
It really does look cool when you step away from it and take it all in in 1 big picture.

quick pic
16149_1280866944572_1317016604_789754_6880151_n.jpg

it was really cool to see these super pixelated pictures all form a huge picture.

I wanna do it again, and probably would if there wasnt the risk of getting in trouble
laugh.gif
. Its pretty tough trying to sneak something like this

Back
Top Bottom