Ravens will NOT sign autographs for people older than 15 yrs old...

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Aside from being a, notary, real estate agent, broker, etc...

At a certain point in your life, you should be able to feel when it starts to become kind of inappropriate to ask for a grown man's autograph.
Why is it inappropriate? Just because you disagree with the practice?

You must not see it from my point of view.   The fact that grown men are getting giddy and excited over some dude's autograph? 

Reminds me of how grown men trying to take away the possibility of a young kid catching a foul ball. 
laugh.gif

At a certain point in your life, you should be able to feel when it starts to become kind of inappropriate to ask for a grown man's autograph.

So if you met Kobe you wouldn't ask for his autograph? Just wondering....

If there's an autograph session "designated" for that purpose, then that's another story.

Getting your baseball signed, bat, jersey, whatever. Cool, but to beg for an autograph at a training facility or random spot, that's going over the top.

If there's an autograph session "designated" for that purpose, then that's another story.

Getting your baseball signed, bat, jersey, whatever. Cool, but to beg for an autograph at a training facility or random spot, that's going over the top.

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

Most likely not,  I mean, you are saying IF, so most likely I wouldn't have anything Lakers on me for him to sign.
laugh.gif

There's a time and a place, I know most of you know what I mean.  And it's not a fine line at all, it's night and day. 

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

Most likely not,  I mean, you are saying IF, so most likely I wouldn't have anything Lakers on me for him to sign.
laugh.gif

There's a time and a place, I know most of you know what I mean.  And it's not a fine line at all, it's night and day. 

I think an adult seeking an autograph is somewhat infantile or corny even , but I don't agree that it's inappropriate. Inappropriate is more like a guy seeking an autograph while wearing diapers and a push up bra or something.

There probably are a bunch of people seeking autographs to sell, but I think this rule change is unnecessary and just makes an issue out of something that's not really that important.

I think an adult seeking an autograph is somewhat infantile or corny even , but I don't agree that it's inappropriate. Inappropriate is more like a guy seeking an autograph while wearing diapers and a push up bra or something.

There probably are a bunch of people seeking autographs to sell, but I think this rule change is unnecessary and just makes an issue out of something that's not really that important.

gotcha. If you think that's inappropriate, wait til you see adults hassling kids for autographs.

gotcha. If you think that's inappropriate, wait til you see adults hassling kids for autographs.

@ SIRUIS  
laugh.gif

I guess, "inappropriate" in terms of this topic was wrongfully used.  My bad.
But you guys know what I mean.

@ SIRUIS  
laugh.gif

I guess, "inappropriate" in terms of this topic was wrongfully used.  My bad.
But you guys know what I mean.

You must not see it from my point of view.   The fact that grown men are getting giddy and excited over some dude's autograph? 

Reminds me of how grown men trying to take away the possibility of a young kid catching a foul ball. 
laugh.gif
An autograph isn't much different than taking a picture with a player, or of a player, for that matter. To some people, it's just a part of their definition of fandom. Just because you don't see the merits of what makes one adult "giddy" doesn't make it wrong or "inappropriate." Believe it or not, some people just want something to remember an encounter with their favorite athletes.

laugh.gif
An autograph isn't much different than taking a picture with a player, or of a player, for that matter. To some people, it's just a part of their definition of fandom. Just because you don't see the merits of what makes one adult "giddy" doesn't make it wrong or "inappropriate." Believe it or not, some people just want something to remember an encounter with their favorite athletes.

Back
Top Bottom