Raw Vegan/Fruitarianism Thread

So why shouldn't I eat meat? As man I'm an omnivore. I try to eat a healthy balanced diet. I don need more raw veggies, raw fruits isn't enough, but overall I never really understood why people push it...convince me.

i dont think i could do it permanent.... or should i say wouldn't want to, but doing every so often on the detox tip would be a good look for me.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

So why shouldn't I eat meat? As man I'm an omnivore. I try to eat a healthy balanced diet. I don need more raw veggies, raw fruits isn't enough, but overall I never really understood why people push it...convince me.
I was like you man. I thought it was sissified for any grown man to not eat meat. I was stupid when it came to that. I have recently became a vegetarian. Well to the best of my ability.
laugh.gif
. Currently in week 2 but I slipped up and ate a piece of fish at a food demonstration.
nerd.gif

But over the years, I didn't eat much meat at all, at most 2-3 times per week.

Cholesterol found in animal foods.
The inhumane, disgusting, and out right wrong practices at these meat factories.

I have recently tried to become more respectful of the earth as a whole and I feel like I am disrespecting my animal brothers by supporting the commercial meat industry. I am a pet owner and it bothers me imagining someone doing the things to my little warriors that people do to these cows, chickens, turkeys, and pigs. And fish.

A book that caused me to open my eyes was : http://byanygreensnecessary.com/

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I was like you man. I thought it was sissified for any grown man to not eat meat. I was stupid when it came to that. I have recently became a vegetarian. Well to the best of my ability.
laugh.gif
. Currently in week 2 but I slipped up and ate a piece of fish at a food demonstration.
nerd.gif

But over the years, I didn't eat much meat at all, at most 2-3 times per week.

Cholesterol found in animal foods.
The inhumane, disgusting, and out right wrong practices at these meat factories.

I have recently tried to become more respectful of the earth as a whole and I feel like I am disrespecting my animal brothers by supporting the commercial meat industry. I am a pet owner and it bothers me imagining someone doing the things to my little warriors that people do to these cows, chickens, turkeys, and pigs. And fish.

A book that caused me to open my eyes was : http://byanygreensnecessary.com/

Yeah, I'm way hip to the meat industry. That my friend s why I'm planning on living on a farm. Large Agrarian State. There is enough land in America, just gotta get it into the hands of the common folk, and destroy this consumer culture. This culture in which we can't do anything for ourselves we don't even raise our own food. Vegans x Vegitarians x anything else is fairly pointless to me. Plus most vegetarians, as state in this thread, think their farts don't stink. %++!, they don't stink to you, but I've never been around a vegetarian fart, so I have no idea.

I would like to eventually switch to a pescetarian diet. I could easily do away with beef, pork, and poultry, but I love seafood. 

So DC, or anyone, say you hoop for 2 hrs, then lift for another hr. You come home and then eat what? I get it, spinach is 30% protein (although I've also read conflicting information about the amino acid profile of fruits and vegetables), but spinach and all fruits/vegetables sans for the starchy or fattie ones are so the opposite of calorie dense you would need a huge volume of food. Like to get 30 grams of protein (which I picked this # because allegedly it's about hte amount your body can absorb at once according to some reading) from spinach would take 40 oz. (and 261 calories which is still a decent protein density). Sub nuts or seeds in instead and then now you're in major #'s calorically because of the fat, beans less fat but more carby and then that's copious amounts of fiber. I tried the vegan thing and best I was able to do was lacto-ovo (still ate dairy and egg whites) and maybe lasted a month.

Also, none of the videos migrated over. I know there's that diesel *** boxer who is one but I forget his name. I made a topic about this a few months ago, and all the YT preachers of this lifestyle like liferegenerator, durianrider, and some of his followers are thin to the point of being almost sickly looking. Granted they're lean, but like no muscle mass, like this dude and his "badass muscle" :lol:, or people are exxagerating on either side and trying to sell you something

Last edited:
No it doesn't.

High protein diets are being exposed as the cause of a lot of the diseases that plague American's today.

Research has shown that only about 25% of the protein that the average American intakes, is absorbed by the body. The rest is eliminated in your waste.

And if you require extra protein for bodybuilding reasons, there are an abundance of natural sources.

When a high dietary protein intake is consumed, there is an increase in urea excretion, which suggests that amino acid oxidation is increased.

[sup][14]
[/sup]
 High levels of protein intake increase the activity of branched-chain ketoacid dehydrogenase.[sup][14]
[/sup]
 As a result, oxidation is facilitated, and the amino group of the amino acid is excreted to the liver.[sup][14]
[/sup]
 This process suggests that excess protein consumption results in protein oxidation and that the protein is excreted.[sup][14]
[/sup]
 The body is unable to store excess protein.[sup][14]
[/sup][sup][19]
[/sup]
 Protein is digested into amino acids, which enter the bloodstream. Excess amino acids are converted to other usable molecules by the liver in a process calleddeamination
. Deamination converts nitrogen from the amino acid into ammonia, which is converted by the liver into urea in the urea cycle
. Excretion of urea is performed by the kidneys. These organs can normally cope with any extra workload, but, if a kidney disease
 occurs, a decrease in protein will often be prescribed.[sup][20]
[/sup]
 Furthermore, as noted, protein provides the body with 4 calories per gram, and when there is excess protein intake, the body will utilize as much of it for energy as possible.[sup][2]
[/sup]
 After that stage, the body will produce fat from the excess protein, turning it into fat cells
Can you cite some of this research that you mentioned regarding high protein diets being the cause of many of America's health problems? The Wikipedia excerpt simply explains that if you eat above your caloric maintenance, you will put on fat. Obesity isn't caused by eating too much protein, it's caused by eating above one's caloric maintenance. People eat above caloric maintenance, because they eat foods that aren't filling and are dense in calories. Sure, it's very difficult to eat above caloric maintenance if all you're eating is fruits and veggies, but that doesn't mean high protein diets are bad. The benefits of eating protein for weight loss that you are ignoring include the fact that consuming protein results in greater satiety and thermogenesis (see the following paper: http://www.jacn.org/content/23/5/373.short). This is the evidence used to support high protein diets for weight loss. In short, no "high-protein" diets are not the cause of a lot of diseases that plague society today.

I understand the appeal of raw food diets in that you're eating real, unprocessed foods. That's all well and good, but there are plenty of other "diets" that allow for this - i.e. paleo/primal diets.

Can you cite some of this research that you mentioned regarding high protein diets being the cause of many of America's health problems? The Wikipedia excerpt simply explains that if you eat above your caloric maintenance, you will put on fat. Obesity isn't caused by eating too much protein, it's caused by eating above one's caloric maintenance. People eat above caloric maintenance, because they eat foods that aren't filling and are dense in calories. Sure, it's very difficult to eat above caloric maintenance if all you're eating is fruits and veggies, but that doesn't mean high protein diets are bad. The benefits of eating protein for weight loss that you are ignoring include the fact that consuming protein results in greater satiety and thermogenesis (see the following paper: http://www.jacn.org/content/23/5/373.short). This is the evidence used to support high protein diets for weight loss. In short, no "high-protein" diets are not the cause of a lot of diseases that plague society today.
I understand the appeal of raw food diets in that you're eating real, unprocessed foods. That's all well and good, but there are plenty of other "diets" that allow for this - i.e. paleo/primal diets.
The study you posted actually addresses high protein diets and renal function. 

I have never tried this, however i am not in favor of it.
Where i work, we have a HUGE raw selection.
And from what i have noticed......
*Most consumers that start this diet start to have huge digestion problems and have to take probiotics up the YING YANG*
*They also start breaking out on their jaw line*
Just my 2 cents tho 
*Kanye shrug*

Last edited:
im not 100% raw or fruitarian but i try my best. maybe if i move to the tropics.....

[jeezy] lets talk about fruit, cuz i get a lot of that [/jeezy]

vxgsa1.jpg

just a portion of my current stash. there were 2 more boxes. im still waiting on my mangoes to come.

cant wait until abiu and canistel come in season.....imma smash em
nthat.gif
there are so many fruits in this world you could literally eat several different ones everyday and still not eat them all.

i definitely love eating this way, only bad part is i have to buy bigger bowls/plates now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom