Ready Player One Thread|Ready Player Two Book OUT NOW|

The movie has been out for five days. Not everyone has seen it genius.

yet still,
everyone is posting spoilers genius, make sure you round them up too chief

how long do we wait? since you make the rules up and call people names, when they don't abide by them

this will be my last post to you regarding spoilers on something already released, and is also a book before that(kinda hard to keep track of people who have read the book vs seen the movie, or have just seen the movie but haven't read the book)

you keep at it that though chief

yet still,
everyone is posting spoilers genius, make sure you round them up too chief

how long do we wait? since you make the rules up and call people names, when they don't abide by them

this will be my last post to you regarding spoilers on something already released, and is also a book before that(kinda hard to keep track of people who have read the book vs seen the movie, or have just seen the movie but haven't read the book)

you keep at it that though chief

Calling you genius was a name :lol: Yeah, because I bet you've never been called intelligent before. Geniuses are the ones who should be insulted.

Most people didn't post spoilers. Most people are intelligent and mature enough to not post spoilers to ruin it for other people.

Most people want to find the easter eggs on their own instead of being told what they are. It ruins the fun.

Most people click on movie topics to see if a movie is worth seeing, not for specific details. That's why the spoiler tag exist.

Actually it's a little deeper than that.

Especially as our society has become further entrenched in social media and the stuff people do for instragram, WSHH, likes and don't even care about the repercussions like with Facebook, being tracked or deliberate fake news stories. It's only going to get worse as virtual reality tech increases. What is reality will continue to lessen.
I mean, I get the point. But it's such an unoriginal story, the fact that the movie relies so heavily on your memories of OTHER characters makes it feel like a mining of our childhoods.

It feels almost cheap when this dude who's supposed to be ruthless, pauses and smiles when he finally has a shot on the kid he's been chasing all movie.

Is it more deep than telling us that the real world shouldn't be neglected, and warning us on the slope we're sliding down currently? That's pretty base level, in my opinion.

The further I get from the movie, the more I realize that the reason I liked this movie was for the nostalgia. The excitement when I randomly spotted Ryu at the race, or the '60s era Batmobile...but that's all just rehashing and cherry picking the things that the writer and directer knew would get a deeply personal response from audiences. Even my favorite part of the movie felt like an attempt to pull in a slightly older audience.

If I remember correctly, this book hit shelves with a deal for the movie in place (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Just feels like another of those situations where people are taking advantage of this new Young Adult surge. A lot of these movies (Maze Runner, Hunger Games, Ready Player One) are just feeling like writers and directors executing a formula.

Saw it today for $4. I actually really enjoyed it. Didn’t read the book but I liked what spielberg did here. I will say that I wish Disney would’ve let some Star Wars in and a few other missing properties.

I do kinda wish I maybe would’ve seen it in 3D but not for $22

Anyone else thought that the one actress looked like Lil Mama :lol:
da613b2c-204d-408a-85aa-0f3197b48750-large16x9_RPOFP155.jpg

lil-mama.jpg

They both born in '89 too:lol:
Holy **** I told my girl this when I saw it and she thought I was buggin out

I was like yo since when did lil mama look like this white

Ready Player One Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD details announced!

Warner Bros. Pictures has annoucned the first details on the home media release for Ready Player One! The Steven Spielberg film will be available on digital platforms beginning July 4 and will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, and DVD on July 24.

The Ready Player One 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, and Blu-ray Combo Packs contain the following special features:

– Game Changer: Cracking the Code
– Effects for a Brave New World
– Level Up: Sound for the Future
– High Score: Endgame
– Ernie & Tye’s Excellent Adventure
– The ’80’s: You’re the Inspiration

The Ready Player One standard definition DVD contains the following special features:

– The ’80’s: You’re the Inspiration

rpo-blu.jpg

im pretty anti-nostalgia, but i liked it...i didnt recognize a lot of the non-obvious references anyway :lol:

Just peeped this on HBONow.

I had no desire to see it when it released honestly had no idea what it was about besides being a 1st person video game.

I actually enjoyed it. I was into it enough i was able to focus on the movie thru my daughter loudly playing with her toys.

Dont really have analysis of anything just that i enjoyed it.

Ole girl that ran the collections crew look like Lil Mama

I didnt even recognize olivia cooke with that birthmark i had to go look up the cast :lol:

thought that security enforcer chick was boutella, didnt know it was ghost from antman&wasp

i think he is dead but uploaded himself into the oasis

on the second key, his reaction to avoiding further talking about kira seemed too human-like for a simple ai, same with his reaction in the end

with this being a trilogy, i wouldn't be surprised if the twist is that he is alive though

So, was Halliday alive at the end of the game?

i think he is dead but uploaded himself into the oasis

on the second key, his reaction to avoiding further talking about kira seemed too human-like for a simple ai, same with his reaction in the end

with this being a trilogy, i wouldn't be surprised if the twist is that he is alive though

I havent read the book or know much about the movie other than watching it, but the way i took it was like sort of how Flynn got himself trapped inside of Tron. Except Halliday did it on purpose because he had nothing left in the real world

Maybe im way off :lol:

First saw piece of this movie on a flight.

Watched it when it like 2 more times after thought it was dope.

I went nuts when I saw Halo :pimp: :wow: :smile:

I wonder how much they paid all these video game makers and movie folks to be able to use their characters as avatars in the film

Back
Top Bottom