Real talk: Dating someone you are not attracted to?

At that age where a lot of my friends are getting married, sending me epic wedding videos yada.  All the girls I talk to nowadays I feel aren't 'marriage' material.  All the girls I know that have really great personalities, like me a ton, are well educated and successful I'm just not that attracted to.  They are very mediocre looking girls.  NT when you date girls seriously does the attraction always come first, or is it something that happens down the road?

At that age where a lot of my friends are getting married, sending me epic wedding videos yada.  All the girls I talk to nowadays I feel aren't 'marriage' material.  All the girls I know that have really great personalities, like me a ton, are well educated and successful I'm just not that attracted to.  They are very mediocre looking girls.  NT when you date girls seriously does the attraction always come first, or is it something that happens down the road?

For me, personality and smarts are supposed to be there anyway, so honestly, looks is what I initially go for. So if the girl's not looking right,
then I'm not interested right off top, regardless of personality. That keeps from a lot of time being wasted. I know when somebody asks "what
do you look for in a guy/girl?", they automatically talk about personality and stuff, but when you first see somebody, you don't see their
personality, you see exactly how they look, THEN you get to know them. With the large amount of good looking females out there (yes, a large
number), no guy should have to settle just cause they feel time is running out. A lot of my friends have either been getting married and having kids
too, but not one of them lie either and say it was planned or they have been looking forward to that straight out of high school, in their 1st year
of college, or even later after that.

For me, personality and smarts are supposed to be there anyway, so honestly, looks is what I initially go for. So if the girl's not looking right,
then I'm not interested right off top, regardless of personality. That keeps from a lot of time being wasted. I know when somebody asks "what
do you look for in a guy/girl?", they automatically talk about personality and stuff, but when you first see somebody, you don't see their
personality, you see exactly how they look, THEN you get to know them. With the large amount of good looking females out there (yes, a large
number), no guy should have to settle just cause they feel time is running out. A lot of my friends have either been getting married and having kids
too, but not one of them lie either and say it was planned or they have been looking forward to that straight out of high school, in their 1st year
of college, or even later after that.

Unless you're gold digging, the attraction should come first. Don't lose hope OP. You'll find one, or maybe a few, soon.

Unless you're gold digging, the attraction should come first. Don't lose hope OP. You'll find one, or maybe a few, soon.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

You must be out of your mind..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'm dealing with this right now....

i'm friends with a girl that is not what i'm used to physically...she's slightly taller than me, has a fit body. BUT her personality and mines do fit very nicely, she has a good head on her shoulders, driven...etc.

At some point in your life you have to be able to make a wise enough decision with who you end up dating/wifing.

I'm at a point right now where looks aren't the most important aspect of a female i'm looking for. As long as she looks nice, and her personality and attitude vibe with mines...i'm gravy.

Back
Top Bottom