Real talk how is there still racism in 2009 ?

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

im strolling down the huntington beach main street and a 5 @+@%%%% white guys yells at me get the "@%%$ out of here" Im not in there way not even walking in their direction or anything. I turn and look at them, and they got nothing to say, but only starts mouthing when i walk away. @+@%%%% idiots cant even come up to me, takes 5 *!%@+@% to be tough. anyways...thats life, still %$%@ going on no matter what race, white black yellow brown and in between.
laugh.gif
Yup Neo Nazis hang out on Main St. Just a couple weeksago, a group of protesters were holding up signs that said.. Go Home Mexicans, This is not your Country, this and that. I was just
eek.gif
at some of those signs.

I tell myself no matter what, there will always be IGNORANT HATEFUL people and you just gotta brush em to the side.

There will always be racism. Not because it's hereditary, but because people keep teaching ignorance.

its because we make such a big deal out of it...we need to learn to live with it and brush it off our shoulders.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ lol.

nah it just tripped me out that he is half white and said that.

im addicted to the dr and pr mamis oweeee.
indifferent.gif
I hope you're not one of those white dude who think he's black. The thing that annoyed me the most is white dudes who think they're hood and try to act black around black people. White dudes who get ceasar haircut, wear XXL tshirt and try so hard to fit in with the black friends

LOL... Basically your saying someone has to be black to be hood. Another thing that always gets me. How can you act black? Or act White?

there is hidden racism everywhere and it is going to never go away as long as the social structure remains how it is.

the cycle never ends...
Who really killed Luis Ramirez? [h4]May 13, 2009 · 2 Comments[/h4]

Luis Ramirez died two days after being brutally beaten by three teenagers in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania

Like I promised, here is a more about the dehumanization of the Other and why it must stop.

This piece was written by Gabe Gonzalez, a veteran community organizers and the director of the Campaign for Community Values at the Center for Community Change.

A few days ago two teens, accused in the fatal beating of Mexican immigrant Luis Ramirez in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania were acquitted of all serious charges by an all white jury. Shortly after Ramirez was brutally murdered, his grieving fiancé had a premonition about the outcome of justice in the case saying, "I know they're going to try to make him look like nothing, and try to justify what the kids did, even though there's no way they could justify this. I know I'm not gonna get the justice I deserve, 10-1 these kids are going to get probation or a slap on the hand. Because he's an illegal Mexican they don't care, right away he's less important."

When I heard the verdict, I was taken back to a conversation from a couple of years ago when I stood aghast with all Americans as pictures rolled out from Abu Ghraib. I remember vividly talking with a friend of mine about it. He shook his head and said what we were all thinking, "Why did they do this?" It hit me hard, because I knew the answer. I shook my head with him and said quietly, "Because they could."
When people mistreat others, when it happens systematically on a massive scale, like in Soviet Russia, or Pol Pot's Cambodia, or Abu Ghraib, the questions are never how, but why. Why is it that people harm others like this? What is it that takes ordinary people and turns them to monsters?

Historians wrestle with it. Psychologists talk about national psychosis. Ordinary people construct millions of reasons. Always, we wrestle with why.

The answer never changes. It has been documented time and again. When we see others as less than human - killing them becomes less than a crime. When the attacked stop being seen as brothers, sons, fathers, mothers and sisters - torturing them becomes acceptable. When people are robbed of their humanity, turned into images, or beasts, they can be raped, robbed, enslaved.

When the other is not human, you can put prisoners on a box with electrodes taped to their hands. You can burn churches full of women and children. You can fill trains and lead them to gas chambers.

Again, our country must learn this lesson. The memory of Abu Ghraib is fresh in our mind, and James Byrd still mourned. Our history of anti-Semitism, anti-Irish, anti-Asian, anti-Black, anti-NOT ME still scars this country. We must examine these scars, if we are to learn from our darkest moments.

On July 14, Luis Ramirez was murdered. Not solely because he was Mexican, or undocumented, or even something so trite as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luis Ramirez was murdered because those who killed him could. And they could because, to them, he was not American, not human.

We as a country have to stop creating demons in our midst. We have to stop identifying one or another as less than human. The sentiment that killed Luis Ramirez was the same that killed James Byrd. "You don't matter. You are less than human."

The talk radio hosts and FOX news pundits who daily scream "illegal" are equally as guilty as the ones who threw the punches. Reporters who quote and therefore legitimize hate groups like FAIR have blood on their hands. When Lou Dobbs says that the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce favor the export of American capital and production to Mexico and Mexico's export of drugs and illegal aliens to the United States - he's contributing to an intolerance that makes violence possible. With the constant bombardment of vitriol, the hate mongers create an atmosphere in which people are no longer workers, children or sisters - they are illegals, beaners or spics. In the words of Robert F. Kennedy, when we learn to "look at our bothers as aliens, men with whom we share a city, but not a community, men bound to us in common dwelling, but not in common effort. We learn to share only a common fear - only a common desire to retreat from each other - only a common impulse to meet disagreement with force."

We are one country, not fifty states. We are one people, not a thousand ethnicities. We worship one God. And we are all human. The rhetoric that permitted Luis Ramirez's murder must stop. Our common destiny as human beings must prevail. With the death of Luis Ramirez, immigration is no longer a question of economic and political struggle. It is now a struggle for the soul of America. One we must win.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Human nature

///THREAD
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Disagree, it's not human nature, it's learned behavior. Youare not born a racist/bigot, that's learned from society (or your immediate surroundings).[/color]

i dont act black i wear a sz L shirt and sz 32 jeans i think your a corn ball for even saying that.

the only acting "black" comments i get is because of my sneakers and fitteds.

it trully is sad how some some dumb stuff makes you try to look like someone else. when your indeed your self.

people will always hate people that are different than them. you are young so it may be hard for you to understand. but you aren't going to wish it away.
and no matter what color your skin is I will still not think kindly of you when you write sentences like this "so i was thinking to myself after someonemad one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard in my 19 of life to me. " please re-read that and let me know if you see what I am talking about..

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Human nature

///THREAD
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Disagree, it's not human nature, it's learned behavior. You are not born a racist/bigot, that's learned from society (or your immediate surroundings).[/color]

It's both.....we're born with a fear of what we don't understand or are not used to (xeno-phobia). The idea is once all races become lesssegregated, racism will end and we'll find something else distant that we fear and don't understand to hate.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

so i was thinking to myself after someone mad one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard in my 19 of life to me.

I was messing with a mixed black girl whose dad is white and moms is black she is really beautiful and a real coool girl , but her brother is one
of the fakest thugs known to man.

Im mixed myself my father is white and my mother is native american and Hispanic.

We get into some argument over something stupid and he goes off on me calling me a "dumb white boy who needs to go back to his own people"
i proceed to just
roll.gif
and tell him that he is half white.

were in 2009 and i really think color and race should not be a problem but some ignorant people still exist and hate on others
grin.gif
grin.gif

Pics?

i couldnt find none so ill just post my girl that im moving to her crib next week.

l_7aca68b8d1a740669639fbfe399e9f94.jpg

and my moms

l_e944e5eebf304ceab28deed7fcf2a688.jpg

and da champ with da immaculate hair line.

l_5464e53c142846cc84018a774370583c.jpg

There's always going to be some form of prejudice as long as there is some perceived difference between groups. even if we get to the point of a completelymixed race, another form of inequality will arise. it's going to be A LONNGGGGG time before we can eliminate one. I'm taking a bunch of sociologyclasses that really help put everyday observations into perspective. you might find it interesting to take some. i think it really helps in understanding andforming your opinions and shaping your out look.

Back
Top Bottom