Real talk, lol whats the point of jumping "fresh" if you're not on a date or conducting business?

How do you expect to catch a date or have anyone to conduct business with if you walk around looking like a dirtbag allday? To me dressing nicely is right up there with eating healthy. OP gotta be like 30+, "jump" fresh though? A clean ("fresh" sounds like your addressing a bunch of teenagers) appearance is a essential thing in life.

How do you expect to catch a date or have anyone to conduct business with if you walk around looking like a dirtbag allday? To me dressing nicely is right up there with eating healthy. OP gotta be like 30+, "jump" fresh though? A clean ("fresh" sounds like your addressing a bunch of teenagers) appearance is a essential thing in life.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

man, I'm not tryin to impress nobody. Plus, I got printing classes, how fly am I gonna look with some oil based permanent black ink on me?

There's nothing wrong with dressing for the occasion, but that doesn't mean you under dress for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

man, I'm not tryin to impress nobody. Plus, I got printing classes, how fly am I gonna look with some oil based permanent black ink on me?

There's nothing wrong with dressing for the occasion, but that doesn't mean you under dress for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

lol I`m black son, if I aint in a full suit, someone ignorant will auto assume what they want, whether Im in a white tee or a fubu jersey
Pretty much...

That is also true. You all can turn away from the reality but, here in this land, if you are dark---you are a mark....dosent matter if you in baggy or bespoke attire....

Yep
Even if you in a benz you still a %@%%# in a coupe

{ With mentalities like this we still have a LONG way to go. Nah %%** that, y'all have a long way to go, I'm doing me.

lol I`m black son, if I aint in a full suit, someone ignorant will auto assume what they want, whether Im in a white tee or a fubu jersey
Pretty much...

That is also true. You all can turn away from the reality but, here in this land, if you are dark---you are a mark....dosent matter if you in baggy or bespoke attire....

Yep

{ With mentalities like this we still have a LONG way to go. Nah %%** that, y'all have a long way to go, I'm doing me.

Originally Posted by DJ MAC

Like ninjahood wrote earlier, I dress for me...
Sure you do. Why do people try to convince themselves that they dress for themselves? You wear what you think is in style, not what you chose is in style. You dudes dress to look good for others.

And you shoe dudes do it for other men for the most part.

Originally Posted by DJ MAC

Like ninjahood wrote earlier, I dress for me...
Sure you do. Why do people try to convince themselves that they dress for themselves? You wear what you think is in style, not what you chose is in style. You dudes dress to look good for others.

And you shoe dudes do it for other men for the most part.

When you know you look fresh you carry yourself better. The same reason when Ninja says when he dresses down everything is still fresh.

When you know you look fresh you carry yourself better. The same reason when Ninja says when he dresses down everything is still fresh.

One thing I learned that had a profound impact on the way I step into the outside world...

"In your 20's-30's you care too much about what other people think of you so you dress to impress,
In your 40's-50's you don't give a +%%! what people think about you so you dress down more,
in your 60's you finally figure out people have never really been thinking about the way you dress in the years before."

To me dressing to impress are saved for special occasions like weddings, formal events, interviews, and the rest. If your comfortable with yourself then everyday you step out of your house your looking good. It may seem cliche to say it but clothes don't make the man its vice versa. However I will agree that if you have the mentality that what your wearing helps you become more confident then that's just part of your personality.

I think Stockholm Patriot touched on it earlier in the thread, if your worried what others are thinking of you when you step foot outside your residence then you'll end up critiquing everything your wearing and doing and basing your happiness on what others think of you.

This is not the way to live your life. Girls still get bagged by guys wearing hoodies and timberlands to this day. If your trying to stay fresh then let it come from your personal wanting to look that way when you step outside...don't be the guy that goes outside and looks at the facial expressions of others to affirm that your "doing it" that day. If your doing it right you don't need other to let you know that.

One thing I learned that had a profound impact on the way I step into the outside world...

"In your 20's-30's you care too much about what other people think of you so you dress to impress,
In your 40's-50's you don't give a +%%! what people think about you so you dress down more,
in your 60's you finally figure out people have never really been thinking about the way you dress in the years before."

To me dressing to impress are saved for special occasions like weddings, formal events, interviews, and the rest. If your comfortable with yourself then everyday you step out of your house your looking good. It may seem cliche to say it but clothes don't make the man its vice versa. However I will agree that if you have the mentality that what your wearing helps you become more confident then that's just part of your personality.

I think Stockholm Patriot touched on it earlier in the thread, if your worried what others are thinking of you when you step foot outside your residence then you'll end up critiquing everything your wearing and doing and basing your happiness on what others think of you.

This is not the way to live your life. Girls still get bagged by guys wearing hoodies and timberlands to this day. If your trying to stay fresh then let it come from your personal wanting to look that way when you step outside...don't be the guy that goes outside and looks at the facial expressions of others to affirm that your "doing it" that day. If your doing it right you don't need other to let you know that.

Man listen, I go out and cop "designer demin", nice shirts and what not because I choose to and can afford to do so. Honestly tho, I that kinda stuff collects dust in the closet. If anything I throw on some rrl's, northface winbreaker and all black 95's. I know my closet is heat, im not trying to impress nobody son.

Man listen, I go out and cop "designer demin", nice shirts and what not because I choose to and can afford to do so. Honestly tho, I that kinda stuff collects dust in the closet. If anything I throw on some rrl's, northface winbreaker and all black 95's. I know my closet is heat, im not trying to impress nobody son.

Pretty much...

Yep

False. Also, dress well if possible with emphasis on fitment. If you actually have a decent sense of fashion, it will get noticex.

Pretty much...

Yep

False. Also, dress well if possible with emphasis on fitment. If you actually have a decent sense of fashion, it will get noticex.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

ayye luchiano lemme hold dem size 6 leather loafers cuhh
The hell did I just watch???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ask me, just have fresh clothes, dress for the situation and you'll always be "fresh." It's winter, time wear northface pants, or some good sweats, shorts isn't a good look. Keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom