REAL TALK THESE 5 TEAMS WOULD!**# ON THE PATS.

some people have the nerve of saying the 07 pats could be the best team of all time. the pats dont play in the golden era of the NFL 70's to about 1996.these teams would wax the pats. these teams were complete. i dont think the pats would make it out the 3rd round back in the day.

1992 cowboys
1989 49'ers
1979 steelers
1985 bears
1990 Giants/bills even though they didnt win the chip.

1989 49'ers
pimp.gif

^ no because they didnt play against the boys in there prime. the cowboys were so raw in 92 so big so young, and fast. they had a machine gun O and one of thebest D's ever. the NFL was tough back then to you wouldnt get all these reviews and BS calls. so no redo's after a bad call you just gotta take the L.the reason people think the pats are so good is because we havent seen a team like this since the 90's.

how about we let the Pats finish the season before we have this debate?

1. AD was going to set a new NFL rushing record.
2. Oregon was going to the National Championship game.
3. Cleveland was going to the World Series (sorry KLJ)
4. A-Rod was not going to sign with the Yankees.
5. Louisville was going to a Bowl game.
6. Billy Donovan was coming to UK
laugh.gif

7. Billy Donovan was going to Orlando
8. UK was going to beat Charlotte's-Webb and go to New York
indifferent.gif

Maybe the 49'ers of the Steeler's (49'ers would somehow outscore them... Steeler's could attempt to slow them down I guess, haha). Patriots areon fire though, I gotta give them respect.

Eh, your opinion lost credibility when you said the Pats would get "waxed" by those teams and making it seem like they are bums compared to the olddays.

It's one thing to say those teams are better or would give the Pats a better run than the current top teams. That's fair. It's another when youwant to come out and act like the teams you listed would abuse this Pats team. They wouldn't.

Yes, this team can and will be mentioned among the greatest of all time if we continue to see this trend until the season ends. It doesn't matter what erathey are in, nor would it matter what era Moss and Brady played in.

some people have the nerve of saying the 07 pats could be the best team of all time. the pats dont play in the golden era of the NFL 70's to about 1996. these teams would wax the pats. these teams were complete. i dont think the pats would make it out the 3rd round back in the day.
^ dude how old are you? just wondering because id like to know if you have even watched football in the 70's and 80's? dudes in this eraare faster, stronger, and probably more physically gifted. i just dont think you can make comparisons across eras with absolute certainty. im not saying the 07Pats would wipe the floor with any of the teams you mentioned...but you just sound a little funny and salty making this claim. people who were actually therehave said themselves that they have never seen a team play like the 07 Pats.

EDIT: no way to know unless they line up and played a game

The last 49'er Super Bowl team (either 94 or 95 i think) could probably score at will on NE and it would be a shootout imo....

Guess what, there is a salary cap now they have to deal with...

and still they are playing like the best team ever

To paraphrase another S&T poster's thought, the thread starter must have access to that alternate universe where he is able to view these mythicalmatchups and inform us of their final outcomes.

To paraphrase another S&T poster's thought, the thread starter must have access to that alternate universe where he is able to view these mythical matchups and inform us of their final outcomes.
laugh.gif
i remember that post. that was one of the funniestresponses ever

smh.gif

You're forgetting the salary cap and DeadsetAce makes a very good point, why do you think none of those Olympic records are intact now? Humans as a specieshave just stepped it up, and people work towards their athletic dreams at a younger age enabling them to be better. Pats will still lose one game this seasonthough, probably playoffs, maybe Giants?

The last 49'er Super Bowl team (either 94 or 95 i think) could probably score at will on NE and it would be a shootout imo....

SF Defense vs. NE Offense:

Deion vs. Randy? What a matchup considering Deion vs. Mike Irvin was fierce!
The problem is Eric Davis on the other end, in the two NFC Championships that Dallas won against SF Eric Davis was constantly abused by the bigger Irvin. Would he be able to stop Dante Stallworth?? He'd need help from Merton Hanks who could lay the wood on him.
The run-D would definitely step up though. Ken Norton and Gary Plummer? I think NE would only gain 3 yards a rush. 4 at most.

SF Offense vs. NE Defense:

I don't believe NE's defense could stop this juggernaut offense. Granted, they're good. But this Offense steamrolled everybody.
Rice vs. Samuel. As good as Asante is, it's Jerry. The most refined and polished receiver of all time.
Taylor vs. Hobbs. Taylor was a very good #2 receiver, Hobbs is a very good #2 corner. Toss-up.
Jones vs. NE LBs. Brent Jones had a knack for getting open. Bruschi and co. have a knack for making big plays. Another toss-up.
And the decisive factor: SF O-Line vs. NE D-Line. SF's O-Line was a house of pancakes, they flattened everybody and didn't let Young get touched. After that loss to Philly at home SF showed no mercy to anyone.

^ NE offense doesnt run that much. so 3 yards a carry doesnt really affect us. we'd just throw to Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, and RB's all day.

I really think itd be a good game. Cant say who would come out on top.

dude how old are you?
Hes 18 according to his profile.
roll.gif
Dude how do you even knowhow good any of those teams were. The only ones you could have seen were the 1990s bills/giants. You were 2 or 3 when the 1992 cowboys were around. Sodon't go talking about what teams were great when you haven't seen the old teams.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Eh, your opinion lost credibility when you said the Pats would get "waxed" by those teams and making it seem like they are bums compared to the old days.

It's one thing to say those teams are better or would give the Pats a better run than the current top teams. That's fair. It's another when you want to come out and act like the teams you listed would abuse this Pats team. They wouldn't.

Yes, this team can and will be mentioned among the greatest of all time if we continue to see this trend until the season ends. It doesn't matter what era they are in, nor would it matter what era Moss and Brady played in.

Realtalk.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom