REAL TALK, What is so bad about GM cars, or rather American cars??

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

My mom has a 93 ford thunderbird sc that has had one problem in 17 years it was leaking coolant fixed for a couple hundred... I. Had a a 79 cutlass that ran fine for the 3 years I owned it only needed a battery... have a 95 ford bronco that runs fine just replaced shocks and battery... next door couple had a chevy lumina that ran for 20 years over 250k miles before it was done and it wasn't the engine that went out... now they drive a 95 chevy blazer that runs just fine. So tell me how exactly american cars are pos? I could go on with with what my friends american cars are at but it would take to long...

laugh.gif
Yea right

Yeah I never seen anyone else with them either. Anytime I see someone in a STS I look to see if they have the lights.
laugh.gif

Theyre like impossible to find now. I got them from a GM dealer on ebay when I first got the car.

I was going to change the 3rd light too but just never got around to it.

Yeah I never seen anyone else with them either. Anytime I see someone in a STS I look to see if they have the lights.
laugh.gif

Theyre like impossible to find now. I got them from a GM dealer on ebay when I first got the car.

I was going to change the 3rd light too but just never got around to it.

My mom has a 93 ford thunderbird sc that has had one problem in 17 years it was leaking coolant fixed for a couple hundred... I. Had a a 79 cutlass that ran fine for the 3 years I owned it only needed a battery... have a 95 ford bronco that runs fine just replaced shocks and battery... next door couple had a chevy lumina that ran for 20 years over 250k miles before it was done and it wasn't the engine that went out... now they drive a 95 chevy blazer that runs just fine. So tell me how exactly american cars are pos? I could go on with with what my friends american cars are at but it would take to long...

laugh.gif
Yea right

You can just look at the Never GM cars and they have indeed stepped up in terms of quality. But I want to know something, since Obama past the law of cars having to get 35 MPG by 2015  what is GM and Ford going to do with the Larger  SUV's such as, Tahoe,Yukon,Suburban, Expedition, and etc? Are they going to discontinue them?  

You can just look at the Never GM cars and they have indeed stepped up in terms of quality. But I want to know something, since Obama past the law of cars having to get 35 MPG by 2015  what is GM and Ford going to do with the Larger  SUV's such as, Tahoe,Yukon,Suburban, Expedition, and etc? Are they going to discontinue them?  

^Look at the Newer Cadillac s coming out and not to mention look at the NEw Chevrolet Malibu and the Chevrolet Camaro.. Those are some good cars

^Look at the Newer Cadillac s coming out and not to mention look at the NEw Chevrolet Malibu and the Chevrolet Camaro.. Those are some good cars

whyte1der05five,
i don't mind the car... but next time you post pictures of it, please do not add a hideous blur?
ohwell.gif

whyte1der05five,
i don't mind the car... but next time you post pictures of it, please do not add a hideous blur?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
Yea right

Wanna put a wager on that?

laugh.gif
Yea right

Wanna put a wager on that?

I'm curious as to what makes you say their quality has gone up?
american companies used to use ALLL da quality parts on trucks and SUVs cuz those sold da best, they weren't even breaking even with small cars

because of poor union contracts and stiff competition from imports, as well as battling from a bad image from da 80's-early 90's

now their making really good strides with cars...i mean its coincidence that chargers, impalas, and malibus sell da way they do.

I'm curious as to what makes you say their quality has gone up?
american companies used to use ALLL da quality parts on trucks and SUVs cuz those sold da best, they weren't even breaking even with small cars

because of poor union contracts and stiff competition from imports, as well as battling from a bad image from da 80's-early 90's

now their making really good strides with cars...i mean its coincidence that chargers, impalas, and malibus sell da way they do.

As are impalas and malibu's. gmfleet.com/pages/submodelOverview/2009_Chevrolet_Malibu+Fleet.jsp

I was curious because I talk with techs who have been in the business for 20-30 years and most of them say the quality isn't what it use to be.

As are impalas and malibu's. gmfleet.com/pages/submodelOverview/2009_Chevrolet_Malibu+Fleet.jsp

I was curious because I talk with techs who have been in the business for 20-30 years and most of them say the quality isn't what it use to be.

Best full size trucks for sure. Tacoma is still the best compact truck although it's getting fat.

But worldwide, Toyota Hilux > *

[h1]Guerrilla Trucks[/h1] [h2]Why rebels and insurgent groups the world over love the Toyota Hilux pickup as much as their AK-47s.[/h2]
(Page 1 of 3)

David Guttenfelder / AP
Photos: Pickup Trucks From War Zones Across the Globe
Guerrilla Trucks
As the war in Afghanistan escalated several years ago, counterinsurgency expert David Kilcullen, a member of the team that designed the Iraq surge for Gen. David Petraeus, began to notice a new tattoo on some insurgent Afghan fighters. It wasn’t a Taliban tattoo. It wasn’t even Afghan. It was a Canadian maple leaf.

When a perplexed Kilcullen began to investigate, he says, he discovered that the incongruous flags were linked to what he says is one of the most important, and unnoticed, weapons of guerrilla war in Afghanistan and across the world: the lightweight, virtually indestructible Toyota Hilux truck.

“In Afghanistan in particular,

Back
Top Bottom