Real Talk, Why Didnt Jason Weaver blow up? vol. Smart Guy

Sometimes people who should be big just don't end up getting the fame... happens to a lot of people

very very true sir and in turn some people who shouldn't be big somehow get all the fame :smh: so messed up

but I do appreciate and is a fan of Jason Weaver and Omar Gooding underrated is a understatement

very very true sir and in turn some people who shouldn't be big somehow get all the fame
mean.gif
so messed up
but I do appreciate and is a fan of Jason Weaver and Omar Gooding underrated is a understatement
i put him in the same class as marques houston..... both ok better then avg singers/actors... lets not act like smart guy trumps sister,sister they about on the same level... and they both have had a lil light/glimmer of spotlight in their respective expertise... weaver with a lil more bright spots in acting, marques in the music world.

Dude is seriosly one of my fav actors, he had classic roles in ATL, Lottery Ticket, Jacksons American Dream, did the singing voice over for SImba in Lion King, Smart Guy, and dude can sing too, dropped that classic with Chingy.

No.

I had no idea he did that hook and I was too lazy to look it up since it was Chingy.

Honestly, the vocal production is pretty mediocre, especially in the first half of the song. His vocals almost sound dry. Definitely a decent voice. Not on Jamie's level, though. He sounds like he could be a random DeBarge.

lottery ticket i agree
ATL no

Jason Weaver was one of the best charachters in ATL heck is wrong with you dudes!!?

I honestly think Omar Gooding and Jason Weaver could have been a good combo for are generation, same with Keenan and Kel, Kel saturated his resume appearing on OD goofy roles.

The chemistry Omar and Jason had on Smart Guy was great, imo prob one of the top for Black Sitcoms (not that there were many)

A tv show in the early 2000s about Jason Weaver and Omar Gooding being in College would have been GOAT.

Jason Weaver was that dude as a youngin....he coulda made it but I think dude must of let himself go between Smart Guy ending and appearing in Drumline. He prolly wasnt eating off acting and started letting himself go...you know roles are limited for young black dudes anyway.

Sidebar.... Bill Bellamy should have blew the eff up. I know he gotta couple netflex movies and he had that hosting gig but he should have been more out there.

Hollywood going away from the black cast movie hurt both of these dudes.

Jason Weaver was that dude as a youngin....he coulda made it but I think dude must of let himself go between Smart Guy ending and appearing in Drumline. He prolly wasnt eating off acting and started letting himself go...you know roles are limited for young black dudes anyway.
Sidebar.... Bill Bellamy should have blew the eff up. I know he gotta couple netflex movies and he had that hosting gig but he should have been more out there.
Hollywood going away from the black cast movie hurt both of these dudes.

i said this before, in the 2000s there were literlly no Black Classic movies, maybe what like PAid in Full. I`m like why isnt dudes like Spike Lee not making normal movies anymore but wanna talk crap about Tyler Perry. Yea Tyler Perry is trollin the industry making the same movie over and over, but at least he is doing something, Spike aint did crap.

i said this before, in since the mid 90's/2000s there were literlly no good Black movies, maybe what like PAid in Full. I`m like why isnt dudes like Spike Lee not making normal movies anymore but wanna talk crap about Tyler Perry. Yea Tyler Perry is trollin the industry making the same movie over and over, but at least he is doing something, Spike aint did crap.
and most dont have the budget to do it..... mix with individuality amongst rich black ppl in terms of teaming up/joining forces to do something big...(outside the big 3 miami)... and the whole "mystery of black folks" died with the internet etc.... plus hollywood really isnt making any new movies just remakes/spins or borrowing concepts of old movies..(which most didnt have blacks) and the writer strike...To be honest i doubt there will never be a decent/good/classic minority tv/movie ever again.... well at least not in the forseeable future... that and rnb will become like jazz in a few years... Just had to throw that out there lol....

Man I just wish there was a House Party/ Last Dragon type movie this day and age that all us minorities could just go to the movies mob deep and have fun and enjoy.

heck I heard rumors a few yrs ago about a Last Dragon remake, heck Id watch it if it isnt low budge.

Now that I think of it, who is the new Black Action star for this generation? The Rock?

He kinda got lost in the Tevin Campbell/Usher/Ginuwine heartthrob hurricane that hit in the mid90s. idk. he wasnt marketed as much as a singer as he was an actor

He kinda got lost in the Tevin Campbell/Usher/Ginuwine heartthrob hurricane that hit in the mid90s. idk. he wasnt marketed as much as a singer as he was an actor
plus he couldnt sing as well as those guys either... i mean at his time there was a flood of young rnb singers etc... imx,jesse powell, usher, sammie, craig david, jon b, donell jones... i mean i could go on and on... while he had a decent/ok album compared to those guys and hell just rnb period he made the right choice... i mean you had guys who had great albums much better singers who died cause the game/competition was so fierce 

Man I just wish there was a House Party/ Last Dragon type movie this day and age that all us minorities could just go to the movies mob deep and have fun and enjoy.
heck I heard rumors a few yrs ago about a Last Dragon remake, heck Id watch it if it isnt low budge.
Now that I think of it, who is the new Black Action star for this generation? The Rock?

but then again, there are very few action stars left anymore, white or black. The straight up 1 man kicking *** and beating an army is a dying genre

Last edited:
and dude can sing too, dropped that classic with Chingy.
Just stop[/quote]
So your saying a guy with a subpar debut album, a decent voice... and song a hook on a catchy far from a classic song over a decade later...is in the same realm as a oscar winnning, multi platinum singer/writer/composer... ? Wow i mean i know nostalgia gets the best of ppl but when you compare his one album his voice... and compare it to other actor/actresses slash artist... ala brandy/jamie foxx i just dont see him on that level in terms of acting or music talent...

Hell if he should be a star why not ashley from fresh prince.. or tisha campbell/tichina arnold... they all had ok/decent good voices and ok acting careers. I mean he cool and all but to compare this man and say he should be on the level of a brandy/usher/monica/jamie foxx/jill scott etc acting and singing... is imo crazy.

He was definitely NOT on the level of a Brandy or Jamie Foxx. He didnt have a distinct voice. Its good, but too similar to Ralph Tresvant imo. Aside from the notoriety he received from the Jacksons miniseries and the Lion King, he didnt have anything that really set him apart from that huge pack of up and coming r&b talent in the 90s

Back
Top Bottom